Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 12:45 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
what "evidence"?
If you read what I wrote and understood it, you'll see I was replying to someone and was talking hypothetically. The public knows scant little actual facts so far. But folks on both sides of the aisle already have their conclusions made up and many will not change their minds even IF there is evidence to the contrary of what they think.

Like the 9/11 conspirators and Sandy Hook deniers.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:51 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
This is incorrect.

The pictures show fake "bombs" built by someone with a child's understanding of movie prop "bombs".

"This is the pipe bomb sent to CNN":

https://nypost.com/2018/10/24/bomb-s...te-powder/amp/

"The wires — one red and one black — lead to a digital clock or timer taped to the middle of the tube.

A senior law-enforcement official told The New York Times that it resembled the others, saying, “Same package. Same device.”

But a source briefed on that device and the one sent to CNN told The Post on Wednesday that they couldn’t actually have blown up because neither was equipped with a blasting cap or other means of detonating explosive material.
There was nothing to ignite it,” the source said. “There was nothing there.”

The source also said an envelope of unidentified powder contained in the CNN package was too small to create a radiological or biological “dirty bomb.”
I'm not an explosive expert, nor do I believe anyone here is, either. What seems to look fake could possibly be real, and what pics that are floating around the internet could possibly not be the devices law enforcement have in possession; those pics could have been fabricated. All I'm saying is that the public doesn't really know for sure. A lot of people trust what the media is reporting, and we all know the media makes mistakes...they also can be very bias in their reporting.

What I did witness on TV, is left-wing media eating this up, and going for seconds, Lol. Comparing this terror attack to 911 - that the bomb could have leveled an entire building, and solely blaming Trump for the entire thing. Its absolutely insane.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:05 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm not an explosive expert, nor do I believe anyone here is, either. What seems to look fake could possibly be real, and what pics that are floating around the internet could possibly not be the devices law enforcement have in possession; those pics could have been fabricated. All I'm saying is that the public doesn't really know for sure. A lot of people trust what the media is reporting, and we all know the media makes mistakes...they also can be very bias in their reporting.

What I did witness on TV, is left-wing media eating this up, and going for seconds, Lol. Comparing this terror attack to 911 - that the bomb could have leveled an entire building, and solely blaming Trump for the entire thing. Its absolutely insane.

Fair points. But assuming the interviews and pictures are fake means you might as well disregard the entire story.
The pictures provided are reported to be the "devices" in question. The interviews and opinions of actual SME's on those photos agree that they are not functional and designed to "look" like movie IEDs, rather than real examples.

Last edited by Jimbo302; 10-25-2018 at 01:59 AM..

Old 10-25-2018, 01:06 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
So the folks who found and work for tech companies are liberals, while the folks who play games are right-wingers?
Not necessarily. Most are left-wing, but have critical thinking skills. They're wickedly clever at pulling off pranks/hoaxes/memes that make people think.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Fair points. But assuming the interviews and pictures are fake means you might as well disregard the entire story.
The pictures provided are reported to be the "devices" in question. The interviews and opinions of actual SME's on those photos agree that they are not functional and designed to "look" like movie IEDs, rather than real examples.
As a Electromechanical engineer with advance understanding of thermodynamics, I personally think the photos floating around are nonfunctional devices, meant only to create fear, chaos and confusion, not an explosion. Though I can not be 100% certain.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:05 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,981 times
Quote:
As a Electromechanical engineer with advance understanding of thermodynamics, I personally think the photos floating around are nonfunctional devices, meant only to create fear, chaos and confusion, not an explosion. Though I can not be 100% certain.
That is a completely rational perspective.

Quote:
I'm not an explosive expert, nor do I believe anyone here is, either.
Don't be so quick to write off the possibilities for such a large number of folks.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Don't be so quick to write off the possibilities for such a large number of folks.
You're right, I was making an assumption based on observation.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:42 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's impressive how every conservative just jumped to the completely unfounded conclusion that all of these bombings are a left-wing fraud. No way that it could have been a real event conducted by a crazy criminal who is actually trying to hurt someone! Nope, nope... it has to be an elaborate left-wing media plot. Christ, you people are deranged.
Sure, since they have learned from their "savior" to always place blame on others, make fun of others and to never accept any responsibility, that is the the Donald Trump dogma.

Cons want others to believe they are just pure, God-fearing, gun slinging, flag-waving 'mericans, being flawless and never exhibiting hatred or performing racially-motivated, violent acts upon those they feel are different from them.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:05 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Sure, since they have learned from their "savior" to always place blame on others, make fun of others and to never accept any responsibility, that is the the Donald Trump dogma.

Cons want others to believe they are just pure, God-fearing, gun slinging, flag-waving 'mericans, being flawless and never exhibiting hatred or performing racially-motivated, violent acts upon those they feel are different from them.
Except that, as we all know, words really do matter. A few IQ45 classics:

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"

Old 10-25-2018, 03:17 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Except that, as we all know, words really do matter. A few IQ45 classics:

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"
Our president speaking from his heart.

Any child in school speaking like this would be expelled and expected to seek psychiatric help.

Then he has the two-faced, unmitigated gall to read of que cards "No nation can succeed that tolerates violence or the threat of violence as a method of political intimidation," when his entire political career has centered on his own threats of violence.

Trump is a shallow excuse for a human being.

And of course in the ways of a child, he will always blame someone else for his own short comings. He has already insinuated the attempted bombings are the results of the press. If not the press, it will be the democrats fault.

Last edited by ditchoc; 10-25-2018 at 03:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies