Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2018, 04:37 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,092,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Yeah, that Maxine, encouraging folks to snitch Mitch McConnell's doggy bag. Sure is just as bad as trying to take out former presidents and public servants by assassinations.
Please, nobody was injured and the bombs couldn’t go off, thankfully. But you nitpick and act like all these nutty libs and antifa haven’t already physically injured people and attacked them everywhere they go. Do you care equally about any of these conservatives getting attacked or just former Presidents and other bigwigs that are well protected and have bodyguards and other folks opening up their mail in the Democrat party?

Old 10-26-2018, 04:38 PM

118 posts, read 66,383 times
Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't think a guy would sacrifice his freedom for this, anybody?

NBC showed pictures of Cayoc's van in 2015, no stickers, then in 2016, covered with trump and hate stickers. I'm sure you'll be seeing them soon.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:38 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,999,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think this week's events are an opportunity for all of us to look in the mirror and reconsider the way we communicate our political opinions. There is a difference between healthy debate between people who disagree passionately and demeaning those whose beliefs do not coincide with our own. Calling for violence against others, even in a joking manner, is never acceptable.
Excellent post and spot on.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:40 PM

118 posts, read 66,383 times
Default Sorry,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Please, nobody was injured and the bombs couldn’t go off, thankfully. But you nitpick and act like all these nutty libs and antifa haven’t already physically injured people and attacked them everywhere they go. Do you care equally about any of these conservatives getting attacked or just former Presidents and other bigwigs that are well protected and have bodyguards and other folks opening up their mail in the Democrat party?

The director of the FBI clearly said that these were not hoax bombs.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:40 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,309,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
NBC showed pictures of Cayoc's van in 2015, no stickers, then in 2016, covered with trump and hate stickers. I'm sure you'll be seeing them soon.
Yeah it seems like he’s an impulsive person who was draw to the Trump agenda and he got in too deep to say the least

Old 10-26-2018, 04:42 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,092,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Theory: He (the bomber) was paid quite well by the Democrats. They probably helped him plaster all those stickers on his van. And now, CNN is non-stop "We hate Trump and he caused this!" I just wonder who paid the guy? This reminds me of the Judge K fiasco and all the Avenatti-losing Trump-hating Avenatti that's been going on. It is well know Avenatti hates Trump. Something smells very fishy about all this.... Once again, this is not about those poor faux bombed democrats, it's about finding something to make Trump take the blame. Trump is not to blame.

Morale of the story: GET OUT AND VOTE!
I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Yes he did the act but what’s behind all of this. I doubt we’ll ever know. It’ll be covered up good but to me it’s to ultimately attack Trump. That’s why nothing went off as that wasn’t the purpose. The purpose is everything that’s going on now in the media.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:42 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The difference between Scalise and this would-be bomber is not one one Democratic congressperson or candidate berated or called out Scalise on anything. No lock him up, no fake news, no Scalise sucks, nothing. However, Trump has mocked and castigated just about every one of the Dems and CNN that the bombs were sent to. This guy even used the statement "CNN Sucks" that is promoted at Trump rallies. See the difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I don't see why it's significant that no Congress people called out Scalise; the media (which is in bed with the DNC) has demonized Republicans, with their invective, especially as they interact with social media. Their pundits have used dehumanizing and demonizing language. How can you say that Trump's language is a motivator of violence and yet completely ignore the language coming from the Left?

Also, CNN sucks, and the mainstream media is the enemy of the people.
Yep, delusion is very strong here.

To think that there is no difference between Trump exalting violence and personally attacking by name pretty much everyone on the MAGAbomber's hit list and personally posting a video of himself attacking a character with the CNN logo as its face and "no Congress people calling out Scalise" proves the opposite of your point Absolom. Of course it's different when a mentally ill person acts on what they are told by the President and one who acts all on jos own accord.

And it's also utter BS to say that the media only demonizes Republicans. The MSM spent many times more effort demonizing Hillary Clinton in 2016 and not Donald Trump, and there is tons of documentation to prove that, like the fact that 10 times more coverage went to her emails instead of her policy positions. And that carries through to now - the media likes a horserace and happily criticizes both sides to get one.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:43 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,061,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think this week's events are an opportunity for all of us to look in the mirror and reconsider the way we communicate our political opinions. There is a difference between healthy debate between people who disagree passionately and demeaning those whose beliefs do not coincide with our own. Calling for violence against others, even in a joking manner, is never acceptable.
This belongs on every page of this thread.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:44 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,854,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I doubt he would be living in his van if that were the case.
Details, details, Ponderosa. LOL

Old 10-26-2018, 04:44 PM

30,363 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer10X View Post
The director of the FBI clearly said that these were not hoax bombs.
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...498562021.html

Quote:
Some Suspected Mail Bombs Were Not Capable of Exploding, Others Yet to Be Analyzed, Officials Say

Some of the 10 suspected mail bombs addressed to high-profile Democrats and others over the last few days were flawed and not capable of exploding, while others have yet to be fully analyzed, several investigators said Thursday.

In some cases, the flaws were substantial. In others, more subtle, they said.

The news comes after investigators said the devices appeared poorly made and that it was unclear if they were hoaxes or simply cases of bad construction. Earlier in the investigation, officials in multiple states had described the items as live explosives and a number of senior bomb techs briefed on the probe said they had all the components necessary for successful explosions...

...None of the 10 seized devices detonated, and no one has been hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies