Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 02:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times

Advertisements

Switching masters doesn't make a slave any closer to freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 04:11 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You're talking about it.
Actually, I'm talking about your pretty bad attempt at hype. Complicated stuff, I know.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Actually, I'm talking about your pretty bad attempt at hype. Complicated stuff, I know.
Attacking the messenger is a fools errand. Thanks for your participation. Your T-shirt is at the door.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:41 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Attacking the messenger is a fools errand. Thanks for your participation. Your T-shirt is at the door.
As I said, complicated.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:57 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
There are a lot of conservative black people but race and racism from a black perspective is a political issue for black people.
Not all black people feel the same. Consider very carefully exactly where decades-long racism has taken its toll. Not perpetrated by those who are mistakenly blamed ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHkC6UJlIaY

Old 11-02-2018, 08:16 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not all black people feel the same. Consider very carefully exactly where decades-long racism has taken its toll. Not perpetrated by those who are mistakenly blamed ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHkC6UJlIaY

Never said it was for all.

However, it is for the majority of us. And you all acting like it is not are kidding yourselves.

You also forget that the Republican party was created in part, to dismantle slavery. It's first acts upon the emancipation of slaves after the Civil War was to provide rights to black Americans who had been formerly enslaved and/or discriminated against based on skin color. Race has always been an historical political issue in the GOP.

When it stopped being an important political issue in the GOP, blacks left the party en masse.

You will always have your 10% who can overlook it, but as biafra stated earlier (and he/she is actually similar to 75% of the black people I know personally - socially moderate, fiscally conservative, willing to give people a chance, but not willing to lose our dignity by supporting racism and racists) we are not people who will willingly indignify ourselves by associating with people who basically have an inferior view of us (all the slavery references really portray a negative image of you all especially - your video is just repeating the same thing that white racists say about black people - he also had some incorrect information in there).

I seriously considered being a Republican when I was younger; however, like biafra said, I'm not giving up my dignity as a black person in America - someone who is descended of various black Civil War soldiers, whose great grandparents and prior were involved in assisting blacks during the Civil Rights era in our local community and even in the Underground Railroad prior to the Civil War - I'm not going to work against the needs of my own people just to get some tax break. I actually lol'd when I wrote that. Money is not worth my dignity. The idea that you all think we are "bought" is actually funny to me too. No amount of money will make me be okay with associating with racist people or people who ignore racism.

I've mentioned here the main tenet of black American culture is activism - we have been "active" as a demographic since the hypocrisy of the "Declaration of Independence" and the Constitution was ratified. That is our culture and in our blood and we cannot ignore it as a demographic to any wide degree like you want us to.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:23 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
On your "taking it's toll" part and linking of that silly video - black people are better today than we have ever been on all socio-economic measures.

I'm not dumb enough to believe YouTube videos or snippets. I have a very in depth knowledge of my demographic's history on a variety of fronts, unlike most media personalities and especially unlike most random YouTube video subjects like the guy in your video.

You and he having the idea that we are some bad, dysfunctional, dumba$$ group of people who cannot make rational and logical political decisions - shows me your problems and ignorance more than anything else.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Never said it was for all.

However, it is for the majority of us. And you all acting like it is not are kidding yourselves.

You also forget that the Republican party was created in part, to dismantle slavery. It's first acts upon the emancipation of slaves after the Civil War was to provide rights to black Americans who had been formerly enslaved and/or discriminated against based on skin color. Race has always been an historical political issue in the GOP.

When it stopped being an important political issue in the GOP, blacks left the party en masse.

They ran with open arms to the party of the KKK and Jim Crow....
That's rational.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:51 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
On your "taking it's toll" part and linking of that silly video - black people are better today than we have ever been on all socio-economic measures.
Thanks to Trump.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Thanks to Trump.
Obama will be known as "The Food Stamp President"
It was turning into a regular Obamaville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies