Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yeah you can by reading what the damn person who wrote the amendment said about it. He said it certainly doesn't apply to children of diplomats, visitors and illegal aliens.
No, it does not say that - that is the very tortured explanation of righties who interject an "or" where a comma exists, it's already been covered here extensively I'm not going over it again.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 AM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I figured that was obvious. Homes are built to fill a demand. If there is no demand for homes, the land goes unbuilt. Who wants to spend a lot of money building something that nobody wants to buy or rent? Any increase in poor people increases demand to build housing for them.

For example, towns in my state are being forced to build low income housing because there is such a demand. Tha means a lot of added kids into the school system at a very discounted rate. Apartment buildings that rent to families with kids do not give nearly the return on the investment as single family homes with only 2 or 3 kids to educate per 1/2 acre.

As to the open borders, it does seem like you guys are for them. Many of you dont seem to want to do anything permanent or substantial to stop illegal immigration, so what am I to think.
Is it ANY irony that the state with the most illegal aliens, California, has the largest homeless populations?

Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
A complete and total lie. Let's have a link to where Senator Howard said that it "certainly doesn't apply to visitors and illegal aliens". It doesn't exist.

I have read the entire debate of the amendment. There is no such statement contained anywhere in there. How unsupportable must your position be if you have to fabricate quotes in order to support it?
It's been posted. Stop lying.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 AM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I figured that was obvious. Homes are built to fill a demand. If there is no demand for homes, the land goes unbuilt. Who wants to spend a lot of money building something that nobody wants to buy or rent? Any increase in poor people increases demand to build housing for them.

For example, towns in my state are being forced to build low income housing because there is such a demand. Tha means a lot of added kids into the school system at a very discounted rate. Apartment buildings that rent to families with kids do not give nearly the return on the investment as single family homes with only 2 or 3 kids to educate per 1/2 acre.

As to the open borders, it does seem like you guys are for them. Many of you dont seem to want to do anything permanent or substantial to stop illegal immigration, so what am I to think.
Quote:
So what you're really saying is you don't like poor people in your school district.
We're getting close to you pulling that race card out of your pocket.....still reading. I am sure it's coming soon.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:18 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's been posted. Stop lying.
Link to it. I want to see the link to where Senator Howard says the 14th Amendment doesn't apply to illegal immigrants or visitors. He said no such thing.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:21 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Their intent isn't relevant. What's relevant is if the Fed Gov permits an alien to permanently reside in the US. LPRs can. Illegal aliens aren't allowed to reside here permanently. They're not even supposed to be here at all. They can be deported at any time. That's why we get the ridiculous sob stories plastered all over the news when illegal alien parents are deported, leaving their crying children behind.
Of course it is relevant. It is the basic definition of domicile. There is no requirement for legality in domicile.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Your school is funded by your property tax. Property taxes are paid directly by illegal immigrants (if they own a house) or indirectly by illegal immigrants (if they rent their home). Either way, they are paying for education. In the case where the illegal immigrant has no children, they are actually subsidizing your kids (as would a legal immigrant in the same situation).

You would have to be more specific about the subsidy to determine what the source of funding of that subsidy is, but you've already acknowledged that you're not complaining about illegal immigrants, but a subsidy for poor people.

But again, this is off-topic. Start a new thread and I will be happy to discuss.
your half right

schools and general education are funded by property taxes

but

special ed is federally funded
and... ESL is also federally funded

Children of Unauthorized Immigrants Comprise 7 Percent of K-12 LEPs(Limited English Proficiency)

Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The qualifier is "and" subject to the jurisdiction, etc. If anyone born on our soil were automatically a birthright citizens the qualifier of "and" would not be in the text. Illegal aliens are not subject to our jurisdiction they are subject to their own country's jurisdiction.
This doesn't make any sense. Think about it: if an illegal alien kills someone, they are subject to our laws and due process. We don't just ship them back to their home country...

Old 11-02-2018, 11:29 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Link to it. I want to see the link to where Senator Howard says the 14th Amendment doesn't apply to illegal immigrants or visitors. He said no such thing.
Read through the thread. It's there.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:32 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
President Donald Trump said in an interview posted on Tuesday that he intends to sign an executive order that would terminate birthright citizenships in part of an effort to end "anchor babies" and "chain migration."

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

Best news I've heard in a long time!
You do realize that it takes two thirds of the congress and over two thirds of the states to change a constitutional amendment. Not surprising that you must have dosed off in high school civics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies