Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 12:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There were more than sufficient Republican votes to pass the 2013 bill. It was blocked by the leadership not by the members.

Any democrat voters were at least 13 years in the future. And note Scott in FL received more Hispanic votes than did his opponent. The Mexicans are somewhat conservative Catholics and may well lean right if the hostility of the right to Hispanics goes away.

The eVerify provision required 5 years to fully cut in but began to tighten immediately. It started from where we are now and got tighter over the 5 years. And significant improvements to the overall system were included.
Why do you incessantly post blatantly false facts regarding Hispanics?

How Latinos voted in the 2018 midterms | Pew Research Center
Quote:
In the Senate race, 54% of Hispanics voted for Democrat Bill Nelson and 45% backed Republican Rick Scott. Latinos voted similarly in the race for governor, with 54% of Hispanics voting for Democrat Andrew Gillum and 44% voting for Republican Ron DeSantis.
So no, even in Florida where there are a lot of republican voting Cuban Hispanics Scott and DeSantis still did not get a majority of the Hispanic vote. And nation wide 70% of Hispanics voted for the Democrat candidate like they always do since records have been kept many decades ago.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:38 PM

491 posts, read 324,733 times
I'd agree with blocking anchor babies. Don't agree with the Dotard on much but this 1 issue seems legit.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why do you incessantly post blatantly false facts regarding Hispanics?

How Latinos voted in the 2018 midterms | Pew Research Center

So no, even in Florida where there are a lot of republican voting Cuban Hispanics Scott and DeSantis still did not get a majority of the Hispanic vote. And nation wide 70% of Hispanics voted for the Democrat candidate like they always do since records have been kept many decades ago.
Read for content. I never claimed a majority.

Washington Post...,

Of the 15 percent of voters in the state who were Latino, Scott was able to win 45 percent, according to exit polls, including a slight majority of Latino men. The Republican gubernatorial candidate, former congressman Ron DeSantis, was able to win 44 percent of Latino voters.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Read for content. I never claimed a majority.

Washington Post...,

Of the 15 percent of voters in the state who were Latino, Scott was able to win 45 percent, according to exit polls, including a slight majority of Latino men. The Republican gubernatorial candidate, former congressman Ron DeSantis, was able to win 44 percent of Latino voters.
That's some maneuvering there. You're pretty good at that. I'll give you that. If Washing Post says Scott won a slight majority of Latino men I won't challenge it although I don't trust them much. You said nothing about just latino men, but specifically "Scott received more Hispanic votes than his opponent". The Florida Latino vote actually went against Scott and DeSantis. All that matters is republicans don't get a majority of the Hispanic vote anywhere, not even in Cuban rich Florida. They just about never have and they never will. And the Asian and black vote is even worse for Republicans.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
That's some maneuvering there. You're pretty good at that. I'll give you that. If Washing Post says Scott won a slight majority of Latino men I won't challenge it although I don't trust them much. You said nothing about just latino men, but specifically "Scott received more Hispanic votes than his opponent". The Florida Latino vote actually went against Scott and DeSantis. All that matters is republicans don't get a majority of the Hispanic vote anywhere, not even in Cuban rich Florida. They just about never have and they never will. And the Asian and black vote is even worse for Republicans.
Actually I had a reference that i may Have gotten wrong that said Scott took the vote of Hispanics by 45 to 44%. May be that I misread it. But at 45% Scott did much better with Hispanics than most Republicans did with educated women.

But that is really all beside the point which is that Hispanics are not obviously Democrat voters and this bag that if legalized they will all vote that way is pretty much right wing garbage. In fact the 45% is better than many Republicans do with other demographic groups. Like 39% from educated women.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Why not establish some parameters to the policy.... and make it Law that No Person can have a baby in the U.S. and claim citizenship for that baby as American, UNLESS they are 2 yrs into the Immigration Process, or has been granted Asylum.

Any Person on a Tourist Visit, Work Visa or Education Visa is allowed to claim citizenship for any baby they produce in this country... UNLESS, they have become Married to an American, "for the first 3 years of any baby's life that is born in America to a Foreigner, is given a position in the immigration line, under a specific classification, Then consider, that the marriage must have a specific term such as having been married at least 3-5 yrs and if that person moves back to their original country within 3-5 yrs, then that Baby does not become a citizen... but is a citizen of the Mother's birth country. If after three years the parents are still married, then the baby is awarded a conditional green card, pending the mother remaining in America, for 10 yrs. If she leaves anytime before those 10 yrs, then the green card is revoked and the citizenship of that baby is the same as the mothers original country of origin.

Now, during this time as the child grows up, they can be treated as any other child, except.. they will not have the privilege of having "instant citizenship".

This is far more humane way of doing it, without instantly giving citizenship, while at the same time, not allowing anyone on a the various varieties of visa's to gain citizenship for any baby they have on America soil.

We are smart enough as a nation of people to "do it right" and be humane about it in the process. If any baby is born, the records are held in the category as referenced above, and the birth mothers country is notified and they have a record of that baby's birth, as a pending these conditions, as to whether they will record the baby as a citizen at the prescribed time.

When it comes to people in these parameters, they must pay a basic nominal fee for their kids to attend public schools, but they can enroll their children in private schools as they choose. They cannot claim benefit of public assistance for that baby during this time period...

We can also address Social Security guidelines as well for immigrate to this country who are over the age of 30 who work.... Example, if they are 30 when they immigrate here and work and Social Security is taken from their pay, then they pay a 5-10% higher deduction rate, if they expect to retire at 66, they will not have the option to gain full benefits at 62. IF they retire at 62, they get a higher reduction by 3-5% on Social Security benefits, because they have not paid into the system the same as people who are Americans and who have worked since age 18. This will also apply if they claim Social Security Disability based on the criteria of how they became disabled.

It allows them to benefit as Americans, but with stipulation based on the fact they came at an advanced age.

We have the computing capabilities to create programs that manage these variables...

This would mean we change the system to no longer pay higher Social Security to Immigrants, based on them not having been here working as long as Americans born here and have worked here before the age of 30.

There are way to do things that can be equitable and structured in a way where people can participate but within the parameters that brings some balance in the system.

We have enough smart minds to figure it out. Because Us born here and worked all our life, should not have to continually have the retirement age jacked up.... If we'd done this long ago, we'd still be able to retire at 55 and still have full non penalized Social Security at Age 62.

We don't need to keep fighting and making havoc based on racial stupidity.... as what exist today. And we don't need to go crazy with this anti-immigrant ignorance.... there are ways to be intelligent people and cut all this "right wing" bigotry and right wing bias out.... its pointless and damages the entire nation of people.

America is NOT going to go back to the "white nationalism of the segregation era"..... and anyone who thinks that stupidity will return, is not an America, they are of the Confederate Mentality... and The Confederacy Ideology and Those who embrace it should be classified and cataloged as "traitors" against American Democracy and have penalty enforced upon and against them. Put enough financial penalty on them as a permanent penalty, they will find out how quickly they need to submit an appeal to rejoin this Nation's Democracy. Stipulation can be put on their Citizenship and revoke their right to vote, and curtail their ability to gain benefits from our public services benefit programs.

If people want the Freedom that Democracy Provides, then "these are Civic Responsibilities" that respect Democracy, which individuals must accord themselves to respect.

We have the ability to fix things and promote "the realism of Democracy, and Demand the Basics of Equality, through the means to mandate Respect of Democracy and the Earned Right to Live Free within it, through Civic Responsibility.

Then We as a Nation, Penalize ANY AND ALL Acts of Racism !!!! Racial Hate Group would be classified as "Urban and Domestic Terrorist" and penalized accordingly.

Democracy cannot afford to these Subversive Elements within it fighting against the principles of Democracy, which is "Equality of Person".

Old 11-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Actually I had a reference that i may Have gotten wrong that said Scott took the vote of Hispanics by 45 to 44%. May be that I misread it. But at 45% Scott did much better with Hispanics than most Republicans did with educated women.

But that is really all beside the point which is that Hispanics are not obviously Democrat voters and this bag that if legalized they will all vote that way is pretty much right wing garbage. In fact the 45% is better than many Republicans do with other demographic groups. Like 39% from educated women.
No the Hispanic vote is obviously democrat and every polling I've seen going back to when polling of Hispanics began says they are. Illegal immigration is increasing the net democrat vote drastically.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
No the Hispanic vote is obviously democrat and every polling I've seen going back to when polling of Hispanics began says they are. Illegal immigration is increasing the net democrat vote drastically.
Still posting the right wing stupidity. Illegal alien do not vote. Sure there will be a few exceptions. We had two here in NV a few years back that registered Republican.

And the Hispanics lean Democrat because the right is hostile. Stop that and the Catholic conservative trend the demographic would be expected to have will appear.

I do find it fascinating that the right is hostile to a conservative Catholic demographic. Talk about dumb. And much of it lacks education tying well to the Trump sweet spot.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:42 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Here is some info regarding voter demographics.

Voter Turnout Demographics - United States Elections Project
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-10-2018, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 378 times
With this EO, I think he is trying to discourage CARAVANS of people from crossing Mexico to come to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies