Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 07:53 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Starbucks ended War on Christmas

Happy Holidays

Old 11-04-2018, 07:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What war? Was it the one that some Christians started? Seems to be they are at war with anyone or anything that offends thier delicate sensibilities .
And you thought they only hated gays and pregnant teenagers?

Old 11-04-2018, 07:55 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If they did, the Catholic church would be bankrupt today.
I also can't see being upset about Christmas not being commercialized enough. One would think the branding of Christmas would be the offensive part. It seems sacrilegious to me to want to display this on everything from coffee cups to toilet paper.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Heepo-Xma...xoCW74QAvD_BwE

Old 11-04-2018, 07:56 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So true. It was the 2015 cup that sparked "outrage" from a televangelist because Starbucks simply had a red ombre cup that year. They removed trees, snowflakes, and presents from their cups. Yet, the wacko insisted they had removed "Jesus" from their cups.

The following year, Starbucks put snowflakes, gifts, etc on the cup and made the cup "colorable" so people could doodle/color on it. But....there was a drawing on the "cup" of two different arms/hands holding hands and, yet, others still looking for OUTRAGE determined that both hands were "male" so it was now a gay agenda cup.

I swear I've never seen such sensitive PC crap in my life as the kvetching over these cups. People are looking for ways to be offended.
Right? Where did that notion even come from? I can't for the life of me understand how anyone came to such a conclusion. They don't look like specifically male or female hands, they just look like very generic ones, like a child would draw, which seems pretty reasonable on a cup made to look like a coloring book.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:58 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Eh, they're red and green. Whoop-di-doo. I have never understood why people get so wrapped around the axle about this kind of stuff.

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That's only the Catholics. You need to brush up on your Christian denominations.
It's not just Catholics. They were the first to get busted is all. More already have been and more will be. How will you react when your Church is found guilty?

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
hahaha, thanks. I never knew about their logo. I don't like Starbucks--their coffee tastes burnt so I don't drink it. Around here we have Dunkin' Donuts coffee instead, along with local brands. Oh well, nice to know where their logo came from. Still not sure if they had a war on Christmas--and who cares? No one can kill Christmas.
I never did care for Dunkin' Donuts coffee, and since they turned to factory made donuts I almost never shop there.

Starbucks never did have "war on Christmas". That is another right-wing myth, used to gin up anxiety and resentment. It is another example of how right wing hoaxers and conspiracy theorists lie to the people who trust them, in order to manipulate their thinking.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Although I am not Christian, I don't think I am misunderstanding that there are both secular and religious ways to celebrate Christmas. Christmas decorations, parties, and Starbucks cups are celebrating the season, but not the reason...so why be so upset about how a retailer "does Christmas?" If a Christian is prevented from going to church or worshiping Jesus at home, that is a true war on Christmas, one that we all need to fight. But Starbucks cups are just a matter of personal taste and retail strategy to maximize sales and capitalize on the brand. Mormons consider themselves Christians and don't even drink coffee or tea, so to them it is a moot point...and somehow they have Christmas without holiday coffee cups. People celebrated Christmas for years without the help of Starbucks and absolutely don't need SB's help to get in the Christmas spirit. Help someone else, read the Bible, go to church, engage in some quiet reflection...that should do it for you.
This post is way too sensible for this thread.

There is no war on Christmas.
There are only people apparently so extremely weak in their faith that they have to have a coffee cup to remind them of the impending season.
Sad.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:59 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Do you have a unbaised link proofing this? I thought not. You can’t judge the actions of a few and blame everyone for it. Nevertheless you will continue to do so.
Here's one from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRIqOEzUsk4

Old 11-04-2018, 08:02 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Eh, they're red and green. Whoop-di-doo. I have never understood why people get so wrapped around the axle about this kind of stuff.

When people's lives are empty, they look for things to bi**h about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies