Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 03:53 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times

Advertisements

I think that, if this is true, whoever made the signs were wrong to do so, as I think it was meant to provoke some kind of backlash/confrontation.

However, if so many people today would not now be saying (or seem to be saying) that it is NOT okay to be white, I doubt if anyone would even think of saying or writing that it IS okay to be white.

I think that we are possibly now seeing some kind of a "White Pride" movement akin to the Black Pride and Gay Pride movements of about 50 years ago. I think that many white people are feeling under siege today in the U.S., and that is a big reason why Trump was elected (unfortunately, in my opinion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 03:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
So I guess it's not okay to be white or at least proclaim so in America anymore and borderline illegal?

Well if we're not welcome anymore, the government can just leave since we preceded it.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:56 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think that, if this is true, whoever made the signs were wrong to do so, as I think it was meant to provoke some kind of backlash/confrontation.

However, if so many people today would not now be saying (or seem to be saying) that it is NOT okay to be white, I doubt if anyone would even think of saying or writing that it IS okay to be white.

I think that we are possibly now seeing some kind of a "White Pride" movement akin to the Black Pride and Gay Pride movements of about 50 years ago. I think that many white people are feeling under siege today in the U.S., and that is a big reason why Trump was elected (unfortunately, in my opinion).
No. It's nothing of the sort. It is in response to guilt ridden white liberals who are attacking white people, but it's nothing more than to watch them rage. That's it. It's also been around for about 2 years now - this is not a new troll.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:59 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
I must have missed the "hysterical amount of concern" or outrage in that link. Whatever.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:00 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
"It's not easy being green"

- Kermit the Frog

Old 11-05-2018, 04:22 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No. It's nothing of the sort. It is in response to guilt ridden white liberals who are attacking white people, but it's nothing more than to watch them rage. That's it. It's also been around for about 2 years now - this is not a new troll.
You have a point, but I think it is a combination of what you wrote AND a reaction to those non-whites AND extreme white liberals who would have whites feel guilty for something they can't help, meaning the color of their skin.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:29 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
The problem is "white" is a complicated social construct in America. Nobody bats an eye if somebody says "it's okay to be Italian" or "it's okay to be Polish", which are Caucasian peoples. Of course that's fine.

Here in America we (or somebody) have successfully created a construct of "white" vs. "everybody else", implying the whites are the bad guys that make life tough for everybody. It's ridiculous but somehow the idea has stuck.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:42 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I must have missed the "hysterical amount of concern" or outrage in that link. Whatever.
of course you did.
you think it's completely natural to have full blown police investigations of each and every 'it's okay to be white' sign.
speaks volumes.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:49 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
something is seriously wrong when this is actually treated as a provocative statement worthy of a police investigation.

‘It’s Okay To Be White’ Signs Pop Up In Fort Worth Neighborhood
I think its funny how bent out of shape you are about melanin levels.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
What a hateful insensitive sign! It's nothing but a microaggression meant to trigger people. It's hate speech. Between this kind of sign and the American flag - I have to ask myself what we're coming to as a nation.

Very troubled by this. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies