Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 04:24 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Any miserable nation that KNOWINGLY puts in office Schumer-Pelosi-Waters and Diane Frankenstein has no soul and no morals at all. The Kavanaugh massacre should have been enough to turn off the entire nation, which anybody who grew up in the 50's doesn't recognize anymore...........

That's funny. I have the same opinion of the Christian right and how all of the business that they conduct has the label from the golden buckle of the bible belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 04:27 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Any miserable nation that KNOWINGLY puts in office Schumer-Pelosi-Waters and Diane Frankenstein has no soul and no morals at all. The Kavanaugh massacre should have been enough to turn off the entire nation, which anybody who grew up in the 50's doesn't recognize anymore...........
I grew up in the 50s too, and you're right, things are a lot different now.

But I think that's a GOOD thing.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Anyone who grew up in the 50's shouldn't be allowed to vote. Step aside. This is no longer your country.

You're not really paying attention. It's the dead from the neck up boomers that kept Florida republican.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:30 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I grew up in the 50s too, and you're right, things are a lot different now.

But I think that's a GOOD thing.
Always thought that it was funny that people dont grasp that. Even my old neighborhood is changing. New different people miving in, old neighbors leaving or passing away. New buildings, new stores.

People get too wrapped up in their nostalgia..

Old 11-07-2018, 04:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Here it is....the real story....Democrats rising. Big time.....
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...ats-are-rising

Numbers are the antidote to the blinders many seem to have on. I promise that right up to the Civil War and for the first year, the Confederates thought morals and the lord was on their side.

But I assumed education, communication and science had taken us somewhere since.

The problem with fact-based reality is that we (realists) know things can change. We would never day, for example, that 10 million more votes will be cast for Dem. Candidates in 2020. But it's certainly possible - and maybe even probably if the trend continues.

Look, if Conservatives in Florida rolled back Jim Crow so felons could vote, don't y'all think the same decent people are going to be concerned when all the Trump stuff comes out soon....and even more concerned if Trump impeded Justice?

His base is set at 42%. Given the scenarios it's possible 2-3 more points could be shaved off of that.

Average Americans don't take to having Kings and Monarchs that are above the law or above the checks and balances in our system. At least I hope so.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:

I found it especially hypocritical when Sen. Kennedy of Louisiana asked Kavanaugh if he believed in God. Kavanaugh said yes knowing that no bolt from the blue was going to strike him dead. Then Kennedy said "do you swear that you didn't do what you were accused of". Kavanaugh said yes.
For millions of fools that was enough to forgive him.

Politicians have no God.

Politicians have no God.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:35 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Oh FFS, don't preach morals to me when you support such an amoral scumbag like Trump.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
I think we will get two years of gridlock. Then Trump doesn't get reelected, then we get Obama II. The country has been made too diverse and democrat voting for any other outcome.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
I don't need a moral compass. I'm part of the collective.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:44 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think we will get two years of gridlock. Then Trump doesn't get reelected, then we get Obama II. The country has been made too diverse and democrat voting for any other outcome.
A decent human being would be a nice change. Not only in most everything policy wise, but in the tone of the conversation.

It's even hard to imagine now Obama sitting around a big table with scores of Republicans trying to tell them how American needs health care reform. Of course, none of them voted for it anyway (McConnel probably threatened their careers), but - wow - he sat down with them.

Trump is too ADD to ever do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies