Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 12:14 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Anyone who strikes and shoves someone to get their own way is committing assault and battery.
Agreed. Except that Acosta did not assault the intern as has been pointed out to you by many posters. You are blinded by your Trump-colored sunglasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 12:15 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Striking and shoving! Striking and shoving! Assault!!!

You sound like you're losing your damn mind.

Do you call 20 mph winds a hurricane?

Because that's exactly what you're doing here.
I was really flying up the interstate on my way to work today, doing upwards of 15mph in the left lane. Really glad a cop didn't pull me over for going so fast. There was a whole line of cars behind me beeping their horns at me trying to get me to slow down too.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:16 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The President has fought with every member of the press for the past couple of days. He should consider passing power to Pence if this continues.

tRump simply radiates hatred.

The press simply reflects it back towards him.

And that's why his tweet phone is so important to him.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
You're embarrassing your fellow Republicans the way the liberals embarrass some of us Democrats.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:17 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Maybe he wouldn't be pressed if he actually answered the questions. But no, he's not capable because the public wouldn't like the answers they'd be getting. Or the public who aren't his pawns, I might clarify.

Nonsense. All politicians tend to answer the question they want to answer not the one that was asked. And all Presidents have given non-answers or answers one side can argue with but it is not the place of the reporters there to have a debate. It just isn't. This isn't a roundtable discussion. They are not there on equal footing.

Look at the photos and video of that or other press conferences. The vast majority of the press there is sitting down, mouths shut, raising their hands, and waiting to be called on to ask their question. And we repeatedly have a handful of grandstanding reporters, usually from CNN, who think they are rock stars and are above everyone else there.

The selfish Jim Acosta created an interruption and robbed time from the others. The White House needs to implement strict enforcement of the rules. If you speak a single word before you are called on or after another reporter is called on, you are immediately removed from the room and banned.

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Agreed. Except that Acosta did not assault the intern as has been pointed out to you by many posters. You are blinded by your Trump-colored sunglasses.
I'm Conservative. I support Trump. I am embarrassed by what other Republicans are claiming on this thread. It makes us all look overly sensitive, biased, and hysterical. Acosta did not assault the intern no matter how many times my fellow Republicans try to claim that he did. His behavior, on the other hand, does deserve getting his pass revoked.

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

Quote:
You're embarrassing your fellow Republicans the way the liberals embarrass some of us Democrats.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The President has fought with every member of the press for the past couple of days. He should consider passing power to Pence if this continues.

There's that crazy liberal logic again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump and his base are on edge as they should be.

You do know the House doesn't flip for nearly 2 months, right?

Watch how much they and the Senate pass between now and then. Everything on everyones wish list will get a green light.

This is going to get really good.

Last edited by Originalist; 11-08-2018 at 12:29 PM..

Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I was really flying up the interstate on my way to work today, doing upwards of 15mph in the left lane. Really glad a cop didn't pull me over for going so fast. There was a whole line of cars behind me beeping their horns at me trying to get me to slow down too.
Must have blown your doors right off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm Conservative. I support Trump. I am embarrassed by what other Republicans are claiming on this thread. It makes us all look overly sensitive, biased, and hysterical. Acosta did not assault the intern no matter how many times my fellow Republicans try to claim that he did. His behavior, on the other hand, does deserve getting his pass revoked.
There's a legitimate reason for banning the guy but once the argument becomes irrational, the argument loses all legitimacy.

But not to worry - if you promise not to judge all of us Dems based on the loony liberals, we promise not to judge you Republicans based on the nuts on your side.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM

89,034 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Striking and shoving! Striking and shoving! Assault!!!

You sound like you're losing your damn mind.

Do you call 20 mph winds a hurricane?

Because that's exactly what you're doing here.
Watch the entire C-SPAN video of the press conference. If you can point out any other journalist striking and shoving the intern in order to keep the mic after POTUS had already called on the next journalist, I'll agree it wasn't assault. Waiting.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies