Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 03:58 PM

95 posts, read 108,087 times

Advertisements

https://youtu.be/2wtoN6kn4SA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:01 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’m as big a Trump supporter as they come and I want to clear up a few things.

1. Jim Acosta is not a reporter. He’s an antagonizer who’s main goal is to stir up controversy. He got exactly what he deserved.

2. With that said, he did not strike, push or assault that intern. What he did do was tense up so that she couldn’t grab the mic out of his hand.

3. A free press is one thing. A press free to interrrupt, disrupt, and be rude to the POTUS is a different story and should not be tolerated regardless of your political affiliation.
Regarding #2, we all know he didn't *really* assault her, the point people are making here is that democrats play these same stupid games whenever this sort of stuff happens with one of their people. They greatly exaggerate what happened and try and exploit the legal system to the fullest to ruin that persons life.

If something like this happened to any normal person he/she would likely blow it off. They might think it's a little rude of the person to push them away but they'd forget about it and go about their day. Not a big deal...

Calling out Acosta for "assaulting" the WH aide is simply revenge for uptight democrats playing the same game on republicans. It's not really "assault", and that's the point.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Regarding #2, we all know he didn't *really* assault her.
Yes he did.

If he had tried that same maneuver with ANY of the Secret Service agents in there, he'd be face first on the floor.

But he had no problem when it was a woman 1/2 his size.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Watch the entire C-SPAN video of the press conference. If you can point out any other journalist striking and shoving the intern in order to keep the mic after POTUS had already called on the next journalist, I'll agree it wasn't assault. Waiting.......
Any other journalist? I can't even find one journalist striking and shoving the intern. You're deliberately choosing words that are misleading to suit your narrative.

Not all physical contact means an intent to harm and is not legally an assault, no matter how many times you try to put that round peg into the square hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Reminds me of the Andy Griffith Show where Gomer screams at Barney, "citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest," LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM
LOL, thanks for the levity, trobesmom. I'm just old enough to remember this show so hearing it in Gomer's voice has me laughing. As kids we used to mimic him saying that all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick
I agree that the woman intern should not have been called on to take the microphone from him. The President should have had him removed from the room by a guard before the scene escalated. It looked to me like Acosta was attempting to push the lady intern's arm away. In any case, he is a "man pushing a woman" which is not acceptable; he put his hand on her in a nasty manner. Totally no class.
Yeah, more of the same. Holding an arm at bay, or pushing an arm, is not the same as pushing a person.

If you think it is, go to court the next time someone pushes your arm and see what the judge says about your lawsuit for assault and being attacked. You'll probably be told not to tie up the courts with frivolous lawsuits and ordered to pay the legal fees of the person you dragged there who (God forbid) *touched* you.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:06 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
WaldoKitty[/i];53592613]WaPo dear. They are the printed version of CNN.

A Propagandist calling one of the nation's most respected papers biased....

IT's very odd how aggressive that (apparent) Intern was trying to grab the mike mid-question from a well known reporter. It's likely that someone instructed her to go grab the mic from Mr Acosta.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
If you think Acosta was out of line tackling and slapping the intern with the mic, you should have seen him slam the security guard to the ground while whacking him with his lanyard.

Watch the video!

Old 11-08-2018, 04:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes he did.

If he had tried that same maneuver with ANY of the Secret Service agents in there, he'd be face first on the floor.

Bwahahaha. Nonsense. The secret service doesn't over react to being brushed with a arm or we wouldd have thousands of causalities a year from them. You folks are just something else. People associated with the Republican side should be ashamed by this sort of nonsense

Old 11-08-2018, 04:15 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Okay, first I would have to say please, come up with your own derogatory term to use against the GOP. Snowflakes is taken, and it just seems silly when Dems try to appropriate the term. The term may have originally been a non-partisan dig, but at this point, when most people hear the word "snowflakes" in a political discussion, they automatically think of liberals/Democrats. Not saying that's okay, just saying that's how it is.

Nobody owns the word 'snowflake'.
I have never associated it with either side. Maybe you have. I haven't.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Acosta is annoying and Trump is a snowflake. Next major issue please! Debt? Spending? Wars? Anyone?
Yeah, but I'm enjoying this.

If they have to rob us they can at least entertain us and that's what happened here.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:24 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes he did.

Technically, yes, it was assault, but if something like this happened between you and a buddy while you were watching a game, you wouldn't think anything of it, and that's my point.

People only call stuff like this assault when they hate the other person.

Personally, I think the WH is justified to call this assault because Acosta is, and always has been a jerk in these press conferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies