Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 07:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
By "back on track" you mean back to the good old days when Democrats were voting for the Iraq War and building the penal state through the crime bill? No thanks.

The problems Americans are facing today are the soaring costs of health care, education, and housing, and the rising inequality. Ocasio-Cortez speaks to all those things.

Yeah, like they'll justify nominating a war criminal like Hillary Clinton, they'll justify the drone program, they'll justify supporting the PATRIOT act. Etc.

Thanks god AOC has shown that there can be an alternative to rancid remains of the Democratic Party.

Uh, no. Back on track without all this junk that's going on today. As I've posted numerous times, going to war for oil and drugs so the elite get richer under the guise of 'keeping America safe' needs to stop. Illegal entry - needs to stop. Keeping the business of prisons healthy, needs to stop. The loss of civil liberties and imprisonment of people under the Patriot Act needs to stop.

I loathe Hillary Clinton and voted against her. She's a war hawk and a criminal and part of the elite doing the bidding of George Soros because he financially backs them.

People love to bash the Republicans but conveniently forget that it was Bill Clinton who passed the most racist crime bill in America and the bills allowing guys like Trump to use all those loopholes to avoid paying taxes. The elite on both sides are no different. Why do you think the Clintons and Bushes are so chummy?

Both parties need to go in my opinion and an entirely new system be put in its place. There's no need to continue voting for idiots who are self-serving and don't represent we the people - but until that happens, let's at least try to get people with brains in office who won't give us more of the same garbage we've gotten the last several administrations.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Ocasio-Cortez: I'm Already Being Discriminated Against On Capitol Hill
According to your link she did not say that. She shared what happened to her in the Capitol. Big deal.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:51 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Congratulations, you got your very own Trump!

Just wait until something major happens and we'll see if she goes "Full Cynthia McKinney" to the media, that will be hilarious.
She is a freshman representative that does not sit in any committees of note, and you compare her to the president. She is one of 535 votes, in a polarized congress where everyone votes in lockstep and one side has 30+ majority, she is as irrelevant as an elected official can be.
She is pretty well accomplished academically since a young age. Did you win a fellowship or place second in a national science competition, graduate *** laude from Boston U with an economics degree, interned at a senators office perhaps?

Old 11-16-2018, 08:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Good lord. The conservative obsession with this young elected official knows no bounds AND she just got there.

I swear, once they fixate on someone, they can't stop

Old 11-16-2018, 08:31 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lord. The conservative obsession with this young elected official knows no bounds AND she just got there.

Everyone loves a good train wreck!

Old 11-16-2018, 08:39 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
She's in waayyyyyyyyy over her head.
Why?

Old 11-16-2018, 09:54 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

And...gotta say...it is interesting how, apart from Obama, it always tends to be female politicians.

Pelosi, Warren, Hillary....they always seem to draw the most ire. I've even seen Kamala Harris portrayed as overly aggressive in demeanor, and radical in her beliefs.

People may make fun of Biden, Schumer, Franken, but it's not with the level of vitriol you see toward those above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Congratulations, you got your very own Trump!

Just wait until something major happens and we'll see if she goes "Full Cynthia McKinney" to the media, that will be hilarious.
This prediction seems rather baseless, in what way is she similar to Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The potential? I see no potential here. She cannot even communicate in a manner that allows most people to have any confidence in her. At all.

Democrats don't need the next person of color, the next young person, the next female. We need someone with a brain who can get our party back on track so the masses have confidence in his or her ability to reduce the chasm between parties and people, and fix the real problems facing Americans today.

I would be embarrassed about replacing old and tired with young and fresh - if young and fresh is clearly incompetent.

This is a perfect illustration of what my biggest beef is. People will justify anything their side does and because of that, the standards have gotten lower and lower, and our pols have gotten worse and worse.
Frankly I'm rather surprised that you feel this way. I think she communicates just fine. What is it about the way she communicates that bothers you? Why do you think she's incompetent?

Old 11-16-2018, 09:59 AM

702 posts, read 540,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Frankly I'm rather surprised that you feel this way. I think she communicates just fine. What is it about the way she communicates that bothers you? Why do you think she's incompetent?

They're terrified of her. Establishment Democrats are not a threat to the right wing in this country. A true populist like AOC absolutely is. It's why they try to attack her on everything. Her finances, her clothes, her speaking. I think they know that their attacks are only making her stronger, but they don't know what else to do.

I predict the attacks will get much worse as she continues to gain popularity and visibility. Get ready for AOC Derangement Syndrome.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:02 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
They're terrified of her. Establishment Democrats are not a threat to the right wing in this country. A true populist like AOC absolutely is. It's why they try to attack her on everything. Her finances, her clothes, her speaking. I think they know that their attacks are only making her stronger, but they don't know what else to do.

I predict the attacks will get much worse as she continues to gain popularity and visibility. Get ready for AOC Derangement Syndrome.

Oh I 100% agree. I think the reason this thread is so huge is because she's clearly viewed as a threat.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:10 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Oh I 100% agree. I think the reason this thread is so huge is because she's clearly viewed as a threat.
Oh yes, shes a great threat to the Democrat Party, we hope she gets as much coverage as possible for the possibility of maximizing those threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies