Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 05:42 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,357,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
1. You forgot the quotes around the words "legitimate elections."
2. You do support the right to nonviolent protests, right? Cause you suggested that those are un-American.
There is nothing to ‘protest’. Abrams lost. Crying because your candidate lost isn’t a protest. Do you see the difference? Nowhere did I suggest I don’t support a legitimate protest.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:43 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,814,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Political rhetoric by an election loser attracts calls for boycotts and such. Yeah, let us mindlessly react to an election loss. Let the court case(s) determine if the hot rhetoric is right, or wrong.
Mindlessly is right.
Do these idiots realize that they will be boycotting Tyler Perry?
Tyler Perry » Studios

Old 11-19-2018, 09:04 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,368,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Protesting legitimate elections because they don't like the result. How American.
What they're protesting is that this was not a legitimate election. The guy in charge of the election rules and processes was one of the candidates. That should throw up a HUGE red flag. Well, except in conservatives' minds when the candidate is Republican, as we have found out.

I will say it again...you know damn well that if Stacey Abrams had been the SOS and stayed in office during the election, you would have thrown an absolute fit and put out all sorts of charges of election tampering. Hell, you guys are accusing her of election tampering as it is, but not the guy in charge of the election? Can you be any more obvious?

Old 11-20-2018, 04:43 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,909,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
Unless you are RICH, we all have bills to pay. Stacy Abrams has a payment plan.
Find another reason to find fault. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

I did when I looked at her voting record in the GA House over the last 7 years.

Save the lecture for your kids at Thanksgiving

Old 11-20-2018, 05:01 AM

126 posts, read 84,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
What they're protesting is that this was not a legitimate election. The guy in charge of the election rules and processes was one of the candidates. That should throw up a HUGE red flag. Well, except in conservatives' minds when the candidate is Republican, as we have found out.

I will say it again...you know damn well that if Stacey Abrams had been the SOS and stayed in office during the election, you would have thrown an absolute fit and put out all sorts of charges of election tampering. Hell, you guys are accusing her of election tampering as it is, but not the guy in charge of the election? Can you be any more obvious?
Are they doing to same with voter fraud that has been in California in previous years?

Old 11-20-2018, 10:46 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,368,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaag View Post
Are they doing to same with voter fraud that has been in California in previous years?
Is this actual, proven, voter fraud with evidence, or more of the Trump style "these guys are changing clothes and putting on hats" style of "proving" voter fraud?

Old 11-20-2018, 03:12 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,523,130 times
Yeah I don't see Hollywood boycotting Georgia. They are too addicted to the generous tax subsidies and cheaper labor pool. When all is said and done Hollywood cares most about making money and it is just more profitable for them to make movies and TV shows in The Peach State

Old 11-21-2018, 07:04 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,074,957 times
Default Bernie Marcus weighs in on the Hollywood Boycott

More here. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...es_138717.html

Some of Bernie Marcus' (Home Depot, Georgia Aquarium), comments.
Quote:
While this boycott amounts to just the latest political stunt for self-indulgent Hollywood, it could have real consequences for Georgia's economy. The state has been dubbed Hollywood of the South, but it is actually the top filming location in the country. Film and television productions generated $9.5 billion in economic impact in 2017, including $2.7 billion in direct marketing and 28,700 jobs. There are about 320 film and television productions shot in the state, including several Marvel movies, Netflix's "Stranger Things" and AMC's "The Walking Dead." Some of these projects now may be in peril because of politics.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:11 AM

50,400 posts, read 64,106,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris1 View Post
In a Tweet Saturday evening, she wrote, “I appreciate the calls to action, but I ask all of our entertainment industry friends to support #FairFightGA - but please do not #boycottgeorgia. The hard-working Georgians who serve on crews & make a living here are not to blame. I promise: We will fight - and we will win.”

The most notable Hollywood types who have used the #BoycottGeorgia hashtag on Twitter have been actress Alyssa Milano (who shot Netflix’s “Insatiable” here), “West Wing” actor Bradley Whitford, actor Steven Pasquale and actor Ron Perlman..."

FULL STORY: https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk...JYy27m0wrqY5H/

SOURCE: AJC
When you are a has been, or never were, you need any reason to get your name in the news.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:24 AM

628 posts, read 696,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [COLOR="DaBurgh;COLOR
53688145]I did when I looked at her voting record in the GA House over the last 7 years.

Save the lecture for your kids at Thanksgiving

PEACE! Have a good day! GOD BLESS AMERICA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies