Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 03:35 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,408,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The result is not the same. I explained that. Neither the intention nor the result is the same.

The result is similar enough, which is alteration of the function of the organ, and mutilation is mutilation. Shove your supposed intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
So what do you say when a woman who was circumcised enjoys sex, has lots of sex (fertility of women in these areas are higher than in the west), and pushes for her daughter to get circumcised? Because that's reality.

You think American western men are the only one's who "like" that they were circumcised? Are you really that naive?

Any sane person would say that needs to be her choice, as well as the man's, when they are old enough to make it and not before. The body is a gift, and no one should have the legal ability to permanently alter a person's full use of it before they can consent to the alteration. Anything else is utterly medieval and barbaric.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:39 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The difference is something that can be judged by the effect. I haven't met a circumcised man who didn't still think orgasms were wonderful, and it's not the purpose of a circumcision to make orgasms any less wonderful.

The purpose of female genital mutilation is to inhibit the woman's sexual availability and pleasure, and it does that. The purpose and effect are evil from the start, and such a difference does make a difference.
And I NEVER met a guy who was sorry he was circumcised and that includes friends, relatives and romantic interests. Not one...and yet the uncircumcised groan about it as if it is their body part and they speak for all foreskins of the world.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:40 PM

2,362 posts, read 781,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Any sane person would say that needs to be her choice, as well as the man's, when they are old enough to make it and not before. The body is a gift, and no one should have the legal ability to permanently alter a person's full use of it before they can consent to the alteration. Anything else is utterly medieval and barbaric.
Exactly but for some reason many people are blinded to male circumcision. it's just foreskin, it's for cleanliness, etc.

I need to shove their hypocrisy into their face. But even when it stinks and it's in front of their nose, they can't smell. This thread is making me lose faith in the intelligence of human beings. These same people can be steered by culture and social mores into doing anything. They're quite dangerous.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And I NEVER met a guy who was sorry he was circumcised and that includes friends, relatives and romantic interests. Not one...and yet the uncircumcised groan about it as if it is their body part and they speak for all foreskins of the world.
And all the women circumcised in that village in Africa would say the same.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
And all the women circumcised in that village in Africa would say the same.
But their pleasure is sacrificed. Never met a circumcised guy that complained about lack of orgasms...EVER!!! In fact, Jewish guys have a rep for being the horniest and as a Jewish female with brothers, cousins, uncles, nephews and friends I can vouch for that. Also, as a woman I prefer a circumcised package.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
What? It is their body part. You are writing as if you speak for every man, regardless of their wishes and regrets as an adult. This can all be avoided if it is made illegal until consent can be given at a certain age. Everyone can get what they want while protecting society from undue infant mutilation.

Second, your anecdote as to who supposedly likes it is not even close to beginning to be a justification for the practice. Its just a sad attempt to drum up mob agreement. Similar to a laugh track on a sitcom.

The practice is immoral to do to an infant who cannot consent to permanent alteration of sexual organ function. Full stop. The future equivalent of and all of your friends, relatives, and romantic interests can get it done as adults if you like. Your supposed preferences should not affect the law that would protect the right of each new person to the full integrity of their bodies and against an antique superstitious religious practice.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What? Write clearly.

Second, your anecdote as to who supposedly likes it is not even close to beginning to be a justification for the practice. Its just a sad attempt to drum up mob agreement. Similar to a laugh track on a sitcom.

The practice is immoral to do to an infant who cannot consent to permanent alteration of sexual organ function. Full stop. The future equivalent of and all of your friends, relatives, and romantic interests can get it done as adults if you like. Your supposed preferences should not affect the law that would protect the right of each new person to the full integrity of their bodies.
I bet I have known more circumcised guys that you ever will in your entire lifetime and NONE of them resent their penis or their parents...period! Is that clear enough for you?

Old 11-28-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
But their pleasure is sacrificed. Never met a circumcised guy that complained about lack of orgasms...EVER!!! In fact, Jewish guys have a rep for being the horniest and as a Jewish female with brothers, cousins, uncles, nephews and friends I can vouch for that. Also, as a woman I prefer a circumcised package.
I can definitely say those circumcised women in Africa have more sex than you, more kids than you. And if you ask them if they enjoy sex, they will say they do.

Now I cannot compare. I was never a woman (circumcised or otherwise). Nor was I ever a circumcised man. If you say you enjoy sex, I'll believe you. When they say they enjoy sex, I will believe them. It's still barbaric, both what was done to you, and them. Your cultural tradition is a hideous and barbaric one.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I bet I have known more circumcised guys that you ever will in your entire lifetime and NONE of them resent their penis or their parents...period! Is that clear enough for you?
I get it. You're a homosexual who can barely contain himself from announcing it. Do you know more men then me? Maybe. Maybe not. I played a lot of sports. Who cares? Your anecdote is absolutely inconsequential to the moral and policy argument. That you don't get that is curious to say the least. We don't argue morality and policy based on one homosexual's unverifiable poll as to who prefers it. Is that clear enough for you?

I bet you would need to google the term to even be able to tell me the original social meaning behind circumcision. No, it's inner meaning is not purely a symbol of the Jewish mythological covenant.

edit: okay, you're a Jewish female (I was close) who is protecting a cultural practice that has seeped out to affect the rest of the world. Consider me unimpressed by your ethnically interested advocacy or your poll. Practice your mutilation ritual in your own nation (which is what nations are for, and a place for you being why Israel was set up) so that it can no longer affect greater society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies