Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 10:41 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
All the people screaming build the wall should donate to a wall fund.
Or build it themselves! They are the same folks who anytime a person in these forums expresses sympathy for the poor or the homeless jump in with "how many of these people have you taken into your home?" So my new response to whining about the wall will be "how much of the wall have you personally built or paid for?"

Old 12-14-2018, 10:49 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You're starting to think wrong. Fewer tickets for no insurance do not necessarily extrapolate to fewer uninsured illegal drivers. You haven't explained how number of tickets were declining for years prior to licensing illegals. Obviously there are other controlling factors.
Why is it "obvious"? What are the "controlling factors"?

If you are arguing that the incidence of uninsured motorists was already trending downward and just continued the trend, then - at absolute worst - the rates of uninsured motorists were unaffected by issuing licenses to illegal aliens, which still does not support your claim that giving them licenses would result in "millions" of additional uninsured drivers on the road.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Or build it themselves! They are the same folks who anytime a person in these forums expresses sympathy for the poor or the homeless jump in with "how many of these people have you taken into your home?" So my new response to whining about the wall will be "how much of the wall have you personally built or paid for?"
Let Mexico pay for the wall. That was the original deal. Of course that was obvious BS from the get go. Now Trump wants the taxpayer to foot the bill for another ridiculous government boondoggle.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:02 AM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
Sure...blame it all on the President when only 5 to 10 years ago the same hypocrites in the Democratic Party are on tape and on the record making the exact same arguments against illegal immigration that the President is now making. Many estimates have come out that illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers as much as $150 billion a year but Pelosi and Shumer are going to hold the line and shut down the government over a relatively modest $5 billion dollar budget request for a border wall that 5 or 10 years ago they would have likely not had a problem with. You can make this s### up yet Democrats and their sycophants in the mainstream media will blame Trump and the Republican party because "ORANGE MAN BAD!!!"

Exactly, and I've made those same points but not one anti-wall, anti-Trump person in here will answer those questions. Congress back then didn't even put "Mexico will pay for the wall" on the table back then as it was to be funded by the taxpayer and yet they are still complaining about the costs today but not then .....crickets in here.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
All the people screaming build the wall should donate to a wall fund.

And those who don't want the wall should pick up our tab for the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us. See how that works?

Old 12-14-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And those who don't want the wall should pick up our tab for the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us. See how that works?
Its not hard to pick up the tab for a faked number. You keep posting about a $100 billion cost and people keep showing you that the $100 billion is a lie. Over and over. You keep posting it like we don't know its a fraud.

Pro tip: We know its a fraud.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:07 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just to be clear, you do not want our immigration laws to be enforced, you want open borders, you applaud illegal immigration and promote sanctuary cities, etc...?
Far be it for me to state the obvious but, did you know if pathways to citizenship were upheld, there would be fewer, undocumented immigrants?
Naturalization rate among U.S. immigrants up since 2005, with India among the biggest gainers

US Foreign-born Population Swells to Highest in Over a Century

This is not about a wall, or illegal migration. It can't be because ...

"The administration has said it wants to restrict legal immigration, and has stepped up efforts as well to detain and deport immigrants in the country illegally since President Donald Trump took office in January 2017."

Have to admit though that it appears as though Trumps policies (not law) has motivated the undocumented population to becoming u.s. citizens. The u.s. just might stand a chance against the odds.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Let Mexico pay for the wall. That was the original deal. Of course that was obvious BS from the get go. Now Trump wants the taxpayer to foot the bill for another ridiculous government boondoggle.

This again?? I refer to my numerous posts about Mexico paying for the wall. Did you demand that Mexico pay for the wall back in 2006? So you'd rather continue to pay for the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us rather that the one time expense of the $25 billion wall? Did you skip your math classes in school?

Old 12-14-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
This again?? I refer to my numerous posts about Mexico paying for the wall. Did you demand that Mexico pay for the wall back in 2006? So you'd rather continue to pay for the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us rather that the one time expense of the $25 billion wall? Did you skip your math classes in school?
It funny to see someone doddering around with a knowingly faked $100 billion number accuse others of skipping math class. You'd have more credibility if your math calculations weren't based on a lie.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
I'm going by what Trump himself has said. "Mexico will pay for the wall". Of course, that is just one of the thousands of lies he has told since becoming president. And your $100 billion figure has been debunked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies