Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2018, 08:19 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So why did you vote for Obama? It was clear as day that that moron had ZERO experience other than grifting and conning people into thinking he somehow liked the USA--
Obama was an Illinois State Senator and a United States Senator, what in the world are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 08:25 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
I recall Maxine Waters demanding Trump be impeached even before he took office.

Did the democrat party, the media or any liberal actually give Trump a chance before they started screaming for his removal?
Give him a chance to do what? Deliver on his campaign promises that are wrong, wrong, wrong? Ignore his illegal dealings? Think that the presidency would turn him into a decent human being despite decades of evidence in public life to the contrary?

No.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:51 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Give him a chance to do what? Deliver on his campaign promises that are wrong, wrong, wrong? Ignore his illegal dealings? Think that the presidency would turn him into a decent human being despite decades of evidence in public life to the contrary?

No.
So, in other words, NO..you did not give Trump a chance..thanks, got it..

Old 12-18-2018, 09:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
So, in other words, NO..you did not give Trump a chance..thanks, got it..
You ask this as if you want us to give Bernie Madoff or Kenneth Lay a chance at the presidency. A chance for what? ... to do more in the white house that he did outside the white house?

Does that make any sense?!? Who among us would approve of that?

Old 12-18-2018, 09:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
He lost me when he ridiculed the handicapped reporter, then sealed the deal when he insulted McCain's war record.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:26 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Lets be honest, Did ANY lib/dems actually give Trump a chance?

I'll just come out and say it, absolutely not! He lost my respect very early in the campaign.

I vote on character at least as much as I do policy. I saw how petty and classless he was when I first heard about his behavior on the campaign trail. I've seen a few people of Trump's type before, well outside political situations. If he's gonna be so crass, bigoted, and cruel on the campaign trail, then how can I trust him to keep his campaign promises. Anybody that blatantly uncaring about anybody he targets is certainly not gonna care about keeping his word - even to his loyal followers.

(I don't watch TV and and celebrity stuff, so while I'd heard of him and knew he was a billionaire, I didn't know anything real about him prior to his campaign).

Using "fat pigs", "slobs", to describe women is simply well out of character for anybody aspiring to run for president, even if it was was Rosie O'Donnell. From there it only got worse: "they're rapist" (notwithstanding the rhetorical fig leaf "and I think some are good people), NYT reporter remark (ableist), "I like my heroes not captured" about John McCain (another cruelty), the "blood" remark to Megyn Kelly (I though "He's COMPLETELY around the bend!!"). Anybody who acts like that in the role of a political candidate, if elected, is certainly not going to give a damn about our allies around the world - and I was proved right.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:05 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
I gave him the chance to buckle down, learn and carry out the duties of the office to which he’d been elected, like other celebrities before him (Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Franken etc). He did the opposite, by spending the past two years tweeting, golfing and lashing out at anyone who didn’t mindlessly kiss his huge rump.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:08 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's the democrat party?

As a woman, no, I don't support unapologetic sexual predators and assaulters to attain the highest office in the land. No self-respecting woman--or man, for that matter--would.
Hope you never supported Clinton , JFK , and FDR then ... all democrat presidents by the way

Old 12-20-2018, 06:12 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I gave him the chance to buckle down, learn and carry out the duties of the office to which he’d been elected, like other celebrities before him (Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Franken etc). He did the opposite, by spending the past two years tweeting, golfing and lashing out at anyone who didn’t mindlessly kiss his huge rump.
Point of fact--none of those "entertainers" were shills for Russia

We can see with the absolute idiocy of Trump's decision to remove troops from Syria that he has no desire to be anything other than the grifter he started out as 50 yrs ago...

He has sold America's interests out to the Russians---
If anyone still had questions as to the legitimacy of what Mueller might discover with his investigation into "conspiracy" with Russia to interfere with the presidential election of 2016 then look at the latest proof

Trump can't lift the financial sanctions that are strangling Russia -- and Putin personally--because Congress has at least enough integrity to hold them in place
But as CC he can remove a thorn in Turkey's side (let them kill the Kurds pretty much at will now), allow Russia all the freedom it wants to act in Syria...

But he has imperiled Israel--ask them how THEY feel about this--and he definitely showed he takes his "marching orders" from forces outside the American constituency

He consulted with NO Pentagon leaders--not even Mattis--
He consulted with very few Senators apparently and certainly took no long-term input

If you believe the media--it was a phone call from the Turkish president who told him it was ok to withdraw because ISIS was beaten (yeah??? Really???) and the Kurds were "terrorists" the US should not be aiding...

Trump has killed the economy with his ill-considered tariff and trade policies and now he will allow Iran and ISIS to come back from the brink...

He is an absolute idiot but more than that he is a compromised man whose allegiance is to himself--
And his deal with the Devil made well before the 2016 campaign put him in the pocket of countries and people who do not have the US's best interest at heart...
His money laundering compromised him and made him an ideal target
His conspiracy with the Russians to become president put him in this position of power
And if the Congress doesn't see this as the most blatant move on his part yet to support foreign powers' agendas vs the best needs of America, then they all should be charged with treason...

This is not just some "look at how bad Trump is" media blitz
This is about the NATIONAL SECURITY INTERESTS of the United States
And Trump has proven with this autocratic and narcissistic decision, he has absolutely NO interest in protecting anything but the southern border...

Last edited by loves2read; 12-20-2018 at 06:40 AM..

Old 12-20-2018, 07:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
He lost me when he ridiculed the handicapped reporter, then sealed the deal when he insulted McCain's war record.
Oh for cryin out loud. That whole "ridiculed the handicapped reporter," crap has been so thoroughly debunked hundreds of times, I cant believe people still fall for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies