Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2018, 07:06 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"As I already said, you don't have to buy auto insurance to cover liability."

What many of the ignorant on here do NOT know is that some companies have ZERO auto insurance with TENS of THOUSANDS of vehicles on the streets and are SELF insured.

I know, I worked for one.
Exactly. YOU get it. I get it. Auto insurance is not mandatory. There are other legal methods of covering the financial requirements of providing for liability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 07:08 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, the state with the highest uninsured population in the USA....that won't even do e-verify to get rid of other "illegal stuff" now declared that Health Care for OUR OWN citizens is unconstitutional???

Truly Amazing. Texas is going to turn blue sooner than I thought....
NO IT ISNT. Not before 2028 at least. Remember it isnt welfare to the "conservative" Texan cause, well, he earned it because [insert some self justification here]. It is only welfare when SOMEONE ELSE gets benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I hope you're talking about single payer. No more health insurance companies. I support that, but I'm not holding my breath.
Half a solution anyway. NONE of the corrupt DC turds on either side is willing to tackle price gouging from big pharma and big hospitals.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:21 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I would say Obamacare has caused people to seek less preventative care than they used to.

I know I don't go to the doctor as much as I did when my costs were lower.

If you have to pay full price for every visit and test, you tend to really think about if it's really necessary before you go and get it done.

True. I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago. The office visit is mostly covered, but I had to sign a bunch of consent forms that the tests I was about to take may NOT be covered and I would probably get a bill from the insurance company. When the claim was submitted, I still have to pay $364 out of pocket. The ACA is not insurance. It is a discount treatment policy AFTER you pay the first $5K of charges.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:27 AM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... You admit that you take a profitable pharmaceutical product to lower your cholesterol instead of altering/halting your bad eating/lifestyle habits? Could you BE anymore of a victim of the left's so-called Big Pharma price-gouging?
Just a heads up...In some people their body makes 80% of the cholesterol...It is genetic. I have been eating healthy all my life, but still have to take a statin.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:27 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Lol. The government cannot even budget ... What makes you think they know whats best for your own health decisions?

It FRUSTRATES me to see government involved with my healthcare . Telling me when I have to pick insurance. Telling me I need it by a certain date.

The GOVERNMENT ruins everything.

It is criminal that members of Congress who aren't experts in anything think they can make decisions about things they know nothing about. It is embarrassing listening to them ask questions about technology, guns, etc. The witnesses that testify roll their eyes like they are talking to a 10 year old.

I have an idea. Members of Congress should not ask any questions. They should hire a real expert in the field to ask the questions of those that are testifying. The experts can then brief the Congress later.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:31 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
With the ACA or without the ACA I can assure you of one thing.

Before you depart this earthly existence, the insurance companies, the health care providers and the pharmaceutical companies will do everything in their power to milk you dry of every last cent you manage to squirrel away during your lifetime. Only exception are the 1%ers.

This is not going to change, instead it will only get worse - because they own our legislators and have for a long time. Now that corporations have the same rights as citizens, this is guaranteed.

I'm a little baffled by people that don't get this, maybe they are too young to see the reality of the situation? Or they just don't care?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
So... You admit that you take a profitable pharmaceutical product to lower your cholesterol instead of altering/halting your bad eating/lifestyle habits? Could you BE anymore of a victim of the left's so-called Big Pharma price-gouging?
Sometimes cholesterol issues run in families and has nothing to do with whether or not the person is fit or eats well.

One of my co-workers is tall and slim, eats healthy, works out, runs, etc and she still has high cholesterol.

You would deny her medication?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:35 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, the state with the highest uninsured population in the USA....that won't even do e-verify to get rid of other "illegal stuff" now declared that Health Care for OUR OWN citizens is unconstitutional???

Truly Amazing. Texas is going to turn blue sooner than I thought....

A federal judge, not the "state."

Old 12-17-2018, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Exactly. YOU get it. I get it. Auto insurance is not mandatory. There are other legal methods of covering the financial requirements of providing for liability.

Maybe the federal government should force everyone to buy auto insurance, even though they don't drive or even own a vehicle.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:41 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sometimes cholesterol issues run in families and has nothing to do with whether or not the person is fit or eats well.
Can you explain to us how that is NOT evolution in process?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies