Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 05:17 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Good, more businesses need to follow suit battling this nonsense.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/de...of2&yptr=yahoo

Quote:
Delta Airlines said Monday that it will ban all emotional support animals on flights longer than 8 hours and will ban all service and support animals under four months of age on flights no matter the duration. “These updates support Delta’s commitment to safety and also protect the rights of customers with documented needs — such as veterans with disabilities — to travel with trained service and support animals,” said John Laughter, Delta’s senior vice president, corporate safety, security and compliance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 05:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
I'm over it already.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:27 AM

3,646 posts, read 3,781,694 times
Good. They could go much further, IMO.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:38 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
About time. Frankly, laws need to be changed so only bonafide service animals are required to be free, whether on transportation or in housing, and better documentation and regulations - to include licensing - needs to be implemented for service animals. The “ask no questions, provide no proof” approach has led to rampant abuse and actual incidents that negatively impact public safety.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:40 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good, more businesses need to follow suit battling this nonsense.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/de...of2&yptr=yahoo
Yep. Fake service animal harnesses on pets. If you cannot leave the house without your dog for 2 hours, do not leave your house.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:41 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
About time. Frankly, laws need to be changed so only bonafide service animals are required to be free, whether on transportation or in housing, and better documentation and regulations - to include licensing - needs to be implemented for service animals. The “ask no questions, provide no proof” approach has led to rampant abuse and actual incidents that negatively impact public safety.
I agree. Create a service animal registry. You don't have to have your animal on it, but don't expect to be allowed anywhere without it. And NO ESAs on the list!

Old 12-11-2018, 05:46 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Yep. Fake service animal harnesses on pets. If you cannot leave the house without your dog for 2 hours, do not leave your house.

These "emotional support animals" drive me nuts. I go to the grocery store and see someone with their dog near all the food , especially the meat coolers, and I feel like saying something. We are pet friendly at my place of employment, but we don't sell food, and people bring dogs in all the time. We even keep treats for them, but the people who can not function without a dog, cat, or alligator by their side have problems a pet ain't gonna fix !

I realize there are some people who are emotionally not all there, but this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. If I couldn't go somewhere without my cat Lucky there to make it ok, I would stay at home.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
I never understood this in the first place. What about people with allergies? I can’t even send my kid to school with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because some kid is allergic to peanuts, and they let dogs and cats on planes with hundreds of people enclosed in a small space? There surely has to be several people on those flights that are allergic to cats or dogs because it’s a pretty common allergy.

If people can’t go somewhere without a support animal, then they should drive.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:51 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Good. We were on a flight to Denver and kids said they had fleas jump on their table while eating. Sure enough the women in front had a dog with her. By the looks of the dog it needed a serious flea bath and some anti flea medication.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Can you imagine a dog or cat taking a dump on a plane that is in the air on long flights.
I would never ever put my pet on a plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies