Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 02:28 PM

39,499 posts, read 27,855,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
JTF2, the Canadian SF, are so secret, that very few in the military know who the members are, and certainly not where in the world they are deployed. How good are they?

Task Force K-Bar commander Rear Adm. Bob Harward, a U.S. Navy Seal, was full of praise for his coalition team, which included JTF2. Harward would later profess that his JTF2 team was his first choice for any “direct action” mission. Yeah, they are that good. And that secret.
Okay I will take your words for it. As a civilian, I learned my lesson a long time ago, praising one special force and say they are that good, or better is a big no no.

I am a Marine Corps girl, (means that to me, me being the keyword, Marines are the best to ME (me being the keyword) so this is it. Just my own bias, and I am not interested in debating anybody about this.

I think the truth is that ,there is no "the best." If they can do their job, they can do their jobs. Period. No need to glorify any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 02:44 PM

45,674 posts, read 24,155,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I knew the truth would come out, eventually, but it sure was fun to watch the left work up a froth pretending to care about the military. They fool no one.
I'm sure you label me left and I have made several comments noting how ridiculous the claim was.

some on the left is not the left.

Same way some of those on the right (white supremacists) aren't all the right.

It's just silly to keep making sweeping generalizations.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:45 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,408,319 times
This is 13 straight pages of pure rerard.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:49 PM

39,499 posts, read 27,855,537 times
I understand many people don't like Trump, but this is not helping. Treating audiences like retards is a turn off to a lot of people. Media should stop insulting people's intelligence.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:50 PM

45,674 posts, read 24,155,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obviously they had no idea the president was going to Tweet their pictures to the whole world to see.

If a president orders them to line up for pics, it is hard to disobey, even if it was the right thing to do.

If you are that concerned about your identity being revealed -- you take NO pictures -- especially with a White House communications committee standing before you.

AND the SEAL organization would have clearly made sure no photographer was allowed.

I knew someone whose husband had a job she rarely would give details of. The answers about their travels, his job were all very vague.

She would take NO pictures at all. NEVER -- even in a private home with a few friends. She never let her picture be taken. NOTHING......for nobody.

I know she wasn't some SEAL but we suspected that they were suppose to be on the down low for whatever reason.

That's how you stop your picture form being posted to social media.

It isn't the poster that is incompetent if you allow that to happen.

It just isn't.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:52 PM

30,503 posts, read 23,945,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm sure you label me left and I have made several comments noting how ridiculous the claim was.

some on the left is not the left.

Same way some of those on the right (white supremacists) aren't all the right.

It's just silly to keep making sweeping generalizations.
When I saw your name as the latest commenter after I posed what I did, I just knew you were going to say this.

Some individuals who are lefties may actually be veterans, or actually do support our military, but as a whole, the left does not support the military, and the media pretends on certain days that they do, while other days they show how much they hate the military.

Would you like me to include that disclaimer each time?

Old 12-29-2018, 04:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,353,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'm not Trump supporter but a civilian president might not totally understand the ramifications of their actions while visiting secured military facilities.

IMO, the blame is squarely on the military officers coordinating the visit and the white house communications.
Yes, Trump’s handlers who have never seemed like they know what they are doing, and the Army officers who handle this stuff bear part of the blame. I suspect they never imagined Trump would suggest taking photos.

Trump also described the security precautions taken in transporting him over there. He is the same clueless guy he was the day after inauguration when he blabbed to foreign powers state secrets.

He seems incapable of learning new behaviors.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:04 AM

46,429 posts, read 27,298,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Yes, Trump’s handlers who have never seemed like they know what they are doing, and the Army officers who handle this stuff bear part of the blame. I suspect they never imagined Trump would suggest taking photos.

Trump also described the security precautions taken in transporting him over there. He is the same clueless guy he was the day after inauguration when he blabbed to foreign powers state secrets.

He seems incapable of learning new behaviors.

You suspect? PAO goes everywhere in these instances, and obviously they have stated everything is fine. Even the initial story was retracted by the same news organization, and said..oppsss sorry....it's all good...

So, I suspect you are pushing a lie, just because you hate trump...noting more, nothing less....

Old 12-30-2018, 07:09 AM

8,430 posts, read 4,426,472 times
Trump is the Commander in Chief and has the authority to 'out' anyone he wants. The dichotomy is he is too stupid to understand the ramifications of his actions and what it may mean to those 'outed'. It pretty much sums up Trump. Too much political power and too little brain power.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:16 AM

76,966 posts, read 47,848,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Trump is the Commander in Chief and has the authority to 'out' anyone he wants. The dichotomy is he is too stupid to understand the ramifications of his actions and what it may mean to those 'outed'. It pretty much sums up Trump. Too much political power and too little brain power.
He outed them because he either doesn't get it, or he just doesn't care what happens to those guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies