Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 09:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Who did the advertising? Huh? Answer: A left wing freak who would no doubtedly be tickled pink at the thought of SEAL team members being killed so long as it makes Trump look bad..Thats why that moron made sure the world knew that the UNNAMED SERVICE MEMBER Trump was posing with was identified...
Donald Trump Tweeted their faces and their location for the whole world to see. Accept the facts, get over it and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 09:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,539,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Donald Trump Tweeted their faces and their location for the whole world to see. Accept the facts, get over it and move on.
Seems that *you* are the one having difficulty getting over this, Finn.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:08 AM

46,422 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:

Where in the video the OP posted? It's only about a minute long, it should not be hard, but it appears it is.....

Old 12-29-2018, 09:09 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,667,443 times
Quote:
Ummm.Trump was posing with soldiers at a military base. It wasn't until some scumbag "journalist" personally identifying those soldiers that put them in harms ways that put them in danger.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:14 AM

27,772 posts, read 16,285,340 times
orange man bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-video-1274326

Sorry trump haters....another fail.....
When newsweak corrects their false narrative, you know its gotta hurt.
Dont matter orangemanbad” crowd will rush to their next fix

Old 12-29-2018, 09:15 AM

46,422 posts, read 27,275,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
orange man bad

When newsweak corrects their false narrative, you know its gotta hurt.
Dont matter orangemanbad†crowd will rush to their next fix

Agreed....but certain people in this thread just don't care...they throw out lies, because they can...

Old 12-29-2018, 09:34 AM

39,470 posts, read 27,814,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The man doesn't' understand what it means to be President, and what operational security means. He outs SEAL members and the fact they are operating in the area via Twitter. I can't imagine any other President, from Obama, to Bush, to Clinton, to Bush, to Carter and on down the line even thinking of being so careless.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-video-1272102
well, I certainly am not going to pretend that I am an expert of special operations, but I think this "issue" is rather simple to understand.

U.S. Special Operations Command and Naval Special Warfare Command did not respond to requests for comment. Did US Special Operations Command and Navy complain? If they did not, then it is not a big deal. Plus, if the news media world is so concerned about this, why did they report it? Google has at least 200 plus articles about it. Why? lol Please use some common sense here.

Like I said, I am not an expert of special operations, but I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE. Special operation service members can tell their family members they are SEALs, Rangers, Recons, MARSOC, etc, etc. There is nothing secretive about it. If they are saying their MOS is classified, then sorry to say, they are fake fake fake. I have pictures taken with at least 10 Marine MARSOC/Force Recon (my brother is a Recon), and their faces can be shown. This said, they absolutely do NOT share details of their operations. This part is true.
When I was dating my fiance a while back when he was still an active duty MARSOC, we could call, share photos, etc, etc. Sometimes, he just told me, "I will be gone for a week or so, call you when I am back, babe" That is when I knew I just had to wait.

Generally speaking, family will know what country or region someone will deploy to, minus the black ops stuff. Mission details are classified, and one might not know the exact part of Afghanistan where a loved one is stationed.

You have to remember--these guys STOOD UP in front of NUMEROUS cameras for their picture with the President. They knew what they were doing and knew it was not a big deal!

Its hard to say how or where blame for this incident should be parsed out. If the SEALs are fine with it I guess its their business.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-29-2018 at 09:43 AM..

Old 12-29-2018, 09:37 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,140,701 times
Quote:
If this group of folks were truly not to be revealed -- I have to say the President has done them a favor. If they were so incompetent to allow their faces to be used for President Trump's photo op.

Look I dislike Trump just as much as you but this is ridiculous.

There is no way that if the SEAL organization did not want those pictures to go out -- they would have gone out.

It wouldn't happen.

Trump's 'photos' are taken by a staff photographer. They walk into a room -- there are cameras -- video, still, communications people from both camps -- The White House and the SEALs. IF there was truly a risk, the SEAL organization would have not allowed the cameras.

It is silly to keep fighting over this.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:47 AM

39,470 posts, read 27,814,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If this group of folks were truly not to be revealed -- I have to say the President has done them a favor. If they were so incompetent to allow their faces to be used for President Trump's photo op.

Look I dislike Trump just as much as you but this is ridiculous.

There is no way that if the SEAL organization did not want those pictures to go out -- they would have gone out.

It wouldn't happen.

Trump's 'photos' are taken by a staff photographer. They walk into a room -- there are cameras -- video, still, communications people from both camps -- The White House and the SEALs. IF there was truly a risk, the SEAL organization would have not allowed the cameras.

It is silly to keep fighting over this.
Plus, if the media is so concerned about it, then they should not report it, period.

lol This is so ridiculous.

I remember one time, a guy told me his mos was classified.( I knew he was fake right away when he said that)I asked him, "so you are saying you are a SEAL ?" He said, "If I told you, I might have to kill you." Yeah, right.

I know so many MARSOC/Recons, quite a few Rangers, none of them told me their MOS was classified. They are all happy to take photos with me. If they don't want me to share something, they won't tell me about the operational details, period.

Matter of fact, my brother told me if somebody said he was/is a special op guy , asking him to show a photo or two. They should have a lot of photos of their training, military life, etc. Those are not "classified."

I admire the military service members and never thought those special op guys are anything more special than the regular combat service members. Do people still believe that stupid Steven Seagal movie? "I am just a cook?" lol Come on.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-29-2018 at 09:59 AM..

Old 12-29-2018, 10:10 AM

12,464 posts, read 8,260,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Plus, if the media is so concerned about it, then they should not report it, period.

lol This is so ridiculous.

I remember one time, a guy told me his mos was classified.( I knew he was fake right away when he said that)I asked him, "so you are saying you are a SEAL ?" He said, "If I told you, I might have to kill you." Yeah, right.

I know so many MARSOC/Recons, quite a few Rangers, none of them told me their MOS was classified. They are all happy to take photos with me. If they don't want me to share something, they won't tell me about the operational details, period.

Matter of fact, my brother told me if somebody said he was/is a special op guy , asking him to show a photo or two. They should have a lot of photos of their training, military life, etc. Those are not "classified."

I admire the military service members and never thought those special op guys are anything more special than the regular combat service members. Do people still believe that stupid Steven Seagal movie? "I am just a cook?" lol Come on.
I remember the ethics and the media seminars PBS used to show back from the 80s. On the military and battlefield episode There was an Army or Marine Colonel taking about this with the quote:
Quote:
They're not Americans, they're journalist but when one of them get hit I will send my Marines out to get him
Have no mistake the concern as been the same it has been since the election night shock, to get President Trump out of office. And some are so into their political religion that they would use any means necessary to achieve that goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies