Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 06:55 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,757,919 times

Advertisements

I can see why Trump rubs people the wrong way. But he hasn't done a bad job. It's been more than 2 years. Our economy is strong. (Yes, I know there are people having a hard time). But unemployment is low. GDP is positive. The FED, which has the worlds top economist, has enough faith in the economy to raise interest rates repeatedly. They were never raised even once under Obama. We are dialing down on wars. No, streets aren't lined in gold and Trump is obnoxious. But come on. Quit the constant complaining. We aren't having any major crisis in the last 2 years. No 911. No new wars. No recession. It's like some people just want to complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 07:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,621,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'm not Trump supporter but a civilian president might not totally understand the ramifications of their actions while visiting secured military facilities.

IMO, the blame is squarely on the military officers coordinating the visit and the white house communications.
Okay, your a civilian ... if you were a civilian and a POTUS, would you have to be told to keep your mouth shut about something like this?

hello ...

Old 12-26-2018, 07:58 PM

5,350 posts, read 4,451,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The man doesn't' understand what it means to be President, and what operational security means. He outs SEAL members and the fact they are operating in the area via Twitter. I can't imagine any other President, from Obama, to Bush, to Clinton, to Bush, to Carter and on down the line even thinking of being so careless.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-video-1272102
That picture would have never seen the light of day if they were members of a classified seal mission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:25 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,612,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
That picture would have never seen the light of day if they were members of a classified seal mission.
Just identifying the faces should never happen. Ever. No SF members should ever be identifiable.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:29 PM

1,378 posts, read 740,162 times
Quote:
The man doesn't' understand what it means to be President, and what operational security means. He outs SEAL members and the fact they are operating in the area via Twitter. I can't imagine any other President, from Obama, to Bush, to Clinton, to Bush, to Carter and on down the line even thinking of being so careless.

Out them then, if they are as good as they think they are, they should not have any problem defending tbemselves.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:33 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,761,934 times
Quote:

Which area specifically? A secret location in Iraq? So what? He can do that if he wants. The troops love him.

You're trying way too hard. Desperation is a bad look for you.

Last edited by Mason3000; 12-26-2018 at 08:47 PM..

Old 12-26-2018, 08:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,120,740 times
Then why did any of the officers not mention they can’t take pictures or tell them not to release the ohotos? Are they not functional human beings?

Old 12-26-2018, 09:21 PM

39,901 posts, read 26,597,293 times
It's "news" that there are Special Ops teams in Iraq? Really? Just how stupid do you have to be not to know that? Newsweek stupid?

Old 12-26-2018, 09:27 PM

7,834 posts, read 4,585,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
As long as the people who would do them or their families harm buy into your theory I guess it's all dandy. Personally I don't believe it's worth the risk.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,612,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Which area specifically? A secret location in Iraq? So what? He can do that if he wants. The troops love him.

You're trying way too hard. Desperation is a bad look for you.
Don't count on the troops loving him. You know as well as I do that discussing the political situation inside the military is a no-no, but I know a number military (and ex-military) who are disgusted with Col. Bonespurs and his antics. Some are SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies