Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 09:24 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well, it isn't that hard to pump gas... Why don't you want to pump gas?
We pump gas here and it is $1.74 a gallon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 09:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
We pump gas here and it is $1.74 a gallon.
I do too and it is about $2.70ish right now...

Old 12-29-2018, 10:11 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
That's right. We're from New Jersey and don't mess with us....Now go home.
Gladly! NJ is a geophysical anamoly- it is the only above ground hole on Earth!!

Old 12-29-2018, 11:34 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
The police are the ones. If they enforce it, it is enforceable and illegal. Unless it is taken to the SC...
Yea, and at one time, not that long ago, police were enforcing laws on which bathrooms people could use, which part of the bus people could sit, homosexuals charged with sodomy crimes, and other things, etc etc...People that refused to comply with police back then, are recognized and celebrated for doing that today!

Its only natural, there are some things going on right now, that if people refused to comply with police, eventually they will be celebrated for.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:08 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
The police are the ones. If they enforce it, it is enforceable and illegal. Unless it is taken to the SC...
The police are railing against this law in NJ. Because there's no special exemption for their own private guns off duty. That's the only part of the law I agree with, treating LEO's the same as everyone else. There's no legitimate reason for all the exemptions from gun laws in this country for them or for LEOSA allowing them to carry concealed after retirement in any state.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:14 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
I lived in NJ for 27 years and can assure more of those not familiar that Gun Culture is not a thing. Not at all.

This is not to say that some people don't own guns...or don't hunt. They do. I have plenty of friends with old guns hanging on the wall (they work) and who go deer hunting for a week per year.

But in my 27 years in NJ I never ONCE saw a firearm in public nor have I heard or overhead anyone talking about guns.....in the public or private sphere. My wife as in politics there and I never heard the work even in campaigns.....

That's NJ. So I'd suggest Gun Nutters not hold it up as some example...since it's probably the wrong one.
(77% of guns used in crime came from Gun Nutter States - out of NJ).
(NJ Gun Violence, even being a crowded urban state, is vastly lower than states like FL. or TX- 50% less).

In 27 years there - raising a family - I never once feel even the slight need to "protect myself or my family" - which was born out by the fact that not a single random murder occurred in my town or nearby (10's of thousands of people) in those decades. Wow....pretty dang safe, IMHO.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:37 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
Well, it isn't that hard to pump gas... Why don't you want to pump gas?
Two reasons.

1) By not pumping, allows for thousands of jobs

2) Weather related is obvious

The so-called cost savings by pumping our gas is BS.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:39 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Gladly! NJ is a geophysical anamoly- it is the only above ground hole on Earth!!
Sure. Come to NJ and say that to the average person. I double dare you.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:44 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Someone can walk into a situation with a sack full of six shot revolvers, and fire each until empty, and do just as much damage. States like NJ, CA, NY, CT, MA, MD, HI, RI, etc just want to further limit the law abiding's ownership of guns. It is a government control of the law abiding issue, not a stop violence issue.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:46 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I lived in NJ for 27 years and can assure more of those not familiar that Gun Culture is not a thing. Not at all.

This is not to say that some people don't own guns...or don't hunt. They do. I have plenty of friends with old guns hanging on the wall (they work) and who go deer hunting for a week per year.

But in my 27 years in NJ I never ONCE saw a firearm in public nor have I heard or overhead anyone talking about guns.....in the public or private sphere. My wife as in politics there and I never heard the work even in campaigns.....

That's NJ. So I'd suggest Gun Nutters not hold it up as some example...since it's probably the wrong one.
(77% of guns used in crime came from Gun Nutter States - out of NJ).
(NJ Gun Violence, even being a crowded urban state, is vastly lower than states like FL. or TX- 50% less).

In 27 years there - raising a family - I never once feel even the slight need to "protect myself or my family" - which was born out by the fact that not a single random murder occurred in my town or nearby (10's of thousands of people) in those decades. Wow....pretty dang safe, IMHO.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/cherryh...y-magazine-ban

Quote:
NJ Governor @GovMurphy is endangering the life of every off duty NJ cop! Gang bangers, drug thugs and really bad guys don't give a damn about magazine capacity. So he takes the good guy's ammunition, and the bad guys are loaded for bear!"
Bernard Kerik, former NYPD Commissioner. Of course he only wants cops to have a special privilege but if he's right about what he says then the law should completely go away. I'm sure you've mostly kept to the nicer areas but my own experience with NJ over the years tells me there's some pretty dangerous places there. Whether guns are popular or not throughout the state is not relevant as people have a right to guns for self-defense. And there are millions of guns there and their owners are practicing civil disobedience here as are gunowners in CT, NY, WA, CO, IL, VT and elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies