Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 07:13 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are still thousands crossing our border illegally every month.
Not through the Southern border. Unless you actually believe Sarah Huckabee Sanders, of course but even Fox News doesn't believe her because she lies so much and is quite bad at it.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
I'll bet most of them never heard of the Secure Fence Act that was passed back in 2006 to build double barriers on 700 miles of the most porous areas of our border coincidently signed by both Schumer and Obama.
Yeah I know a little bit about that, it was passed and then Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, authored an amendment that DHS would not be required "to install fencing . .. if the Secretary determines that the use or placement of such resources is not the most appropriate means to achieve and maintain operational control over the international border at such location." So, the 700 miles of fencing never got built

Old 01-07-2019, 07:18 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Again... I answered someone else's question about race. I didn't "throw out" any "race card."

Ask Trump why he referred to Mexicans as "bad hombres" if you want to know why someone was categorizing for his white supremacist core.

Yet you had to bring up the subject of brown skin and claimed that Trump just wants to keep them out of our country but you convienently failed to mention that he meant the illegal kind, didn't you? Trump never said he wanted to keep out brown skinned Mexicans that come here legally, did he?

Those he called bad hombres are those who are the criminal kind and are coming here illegally not legally. Mexico doesn't send legal Mexicans here they come on their own with papers in hand but they sure don't mind encouraging their poor, uneducated and unskilled and yes their criminals here illegally. Let's have a little honesty here instead of spinning Trump's words and yes playing the skin color/race card as you did.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, do you know that one of the reasons those highways are "overtaxed and crowded"? One reason---untold millions of illegal aliens, many of them driving without a drivers license. That said, on an annual basis, we allow 1 million legal immigrants into this country. All these people need places to live and cars to get around.
That is just plain silly.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not through the Southern border. Unless you actually believe Sarah Huckabee Sanders, of course but even Fox News doesn't believe her because she lies so much and is quite bad at it.

Are you serious? It isn't thousands per month, it's tens of thousands per month. From the CBP website:

In November, 51,856 people were apprehended between ports of entry on the Southwest Border, compared with 51,001 in the month of October. In FY18, a total of 396,579 individuals were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Especially concerning is that 60% of them are families or unaccompanied minors, which the courts have given special rights making them essentially undeportable.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Yet you had to bring up the subject of brown skin and claimed that Trump just wants to keep them out of our country but you convienently failed to mention that he meant the illegal kind, didn't you? Trump never said he wanted to keep out brown skinned Mexicans that come here legally, did he?

Those he called bad hombres are those who are the criminal kind and are coming here illegally not legally. Mexico doesn't send legal Mexicans here they come on their own with papers in hand but they sure don't mind encouraging their poor, uneducated and unskilled and yes their criminals here illegally. Let's have a little honesty here instead of spinning Trump's words and yes playing the skin color/race card as you did.
But he also wants to limit legal immigrants and not take any from $hithole countries all of which are populated by brown or black people, he entertains some kind of bizarre illusion that Norwegians and Swedes will be begging to emigrate to the US and he couldn't be more wrong.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Well apparently 69% don't care about Trump's wall- and this is not an MSNBC poll.

Poll: 69% of Americans Think Trump's Wall Isn't a Priority | Fortune

As for the wall, why didn't Trump pass that when he owned both houses of Congress ? For 2 years BTW.

I don't recall any Democrats voting for the tax cut yet that got passed ?

No this is a political football being tossed at the Democrats to try to make it look like their fault while Trump panders to his base (i.e you).
See my post #934. And the Democrats aren't pandering to their bleeding heart and ethnocentric Hispanic base who don't want a wall?

How many times does it have to be repeated that it takes a certain number of Democrats to be on board for any funding bills to be passed? There are many sell out Republicans who won't back Trump on anything he wants to do either. Then there's that little filibuster proof thingy also.

Why aren't all Americans on a base for border security that should include a necessary wall that was already approved by congress back in 2006 and incidentely had Schumer and Obama's signature on it.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This wall issue is a political joke IMO. Why not fund all the homeless/impoverished people in this country with the billions wanted for the wall? You can do other things to tighten border security, of which I have no answer for but believe could be done for much cheaper.

You guys crack me up. Was it a political joke when congress actually passed the wall bill back in 2006 with both Schumer and Obama's signature on it? If millions of illegals were deported and we stopped more from entering we'd have a lot more funds to take care of our own impoverished people and Americans would get their jobs back. Illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year but you guys whine and cry over a $25 billion wall that will reduce those expenses?

Oh, you have no other solutions but you believe there are other more effective ways to deter illegal entry? Huh? Maybe you should read the links I have provided proving that the good walls do work and some of them right from the Border Patrol and Homeland Security's mouths.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
You guys crack me up. Was it a political joke when congress actually passed the wall bill back in 2006 with both Schumer and Obama's signature on it? If millions of illegals were deported and we stopped more from entering we'd have a lot more funds to take care of our own impoverished people and Americans would get their jobs back. Illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year but you guys whine and cry over a $25 billion wall that will reduce those expenses?

Oh, you have no other solutions but you believe there are other more effective ways to deter illegal entry? Huh? Maybe you should read the links I have provided proving that the good walls do work and some of them right from the Border Patrol and Homeland Security's mouths.
You still talking about 2006? Didn't you read my post about how Kay Bailey Hutchison Republican Senator amended and effectively killed that bill, or do you only read posts that fit your narrative?

Old 01-07-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
They won't ever because Mexico will never pay for a Wall.

Not willingly but they will have no say about it. What does it matter anyway as congress already passed the wall bill back in 2006 and it was to be the taxpayer to fully fund it. Were you crying back then? Thought not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies