Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,149 times

Advertisements

I find it hard to believe that ALL 800,000 federal leeches did not have ONE DAMN PENNY SAVED before this shut down. Every single one of them is flat broke, starving, homeless, etc. They all make decent money but apparently spend every dime every month. If this is true, they are not very bright and maybe we should do a review of their capability to do the job we're paying them for. The media is shoving this BS down your throat and you're buying it. There certainly may be some hardship cases but not in the numbers we're being led to believe!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:08 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Well, being as the White House today is saying there will likely be NO GROWTH in "their" economy if Trump continues, I'd say they are hurting more than 800,000. I'd put the number at billions as it is causing global worries....and definitely tens of millions (and perhaps a lot more to come) of Americans.

It seems Republicans didn't learn from their former greed-fest that we are still digging out from under (The Great Recession).

You don't mess with the stock market and you don't intentionally mess up millions of jobs and people.

Shouldn't take much education to realize that.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:09 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I find it hard to believe that ALL 800,000 federal leeches did not have ONE DAMN PENNY SAVED before this shut down. Every single one of them is flat broke, starving, homeless, etc. They all make decent money but apparently spend every dime every month. If this is true, they are not very bright and maybe we should do a review of their capability to do the job we're paying them for. The media is shoving this BS down your throat and you're buying it. There certainly may be some hardship cases but not in the numbers we're being led to believe!
You are in need of help. It’s actually more like 250,000,000 when you add in contractors and subcontractors.
Today, we are filling grocery bags for the special needs subcontractors who provide janitorial service for the DOT. They are all very low income, but proud to go to work. They get no back pay.
What if you took your vile hate and did something like that, too?

Old 01-23-2019, 10:13 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,884,817 times
It now appears with the extreme polarization in the country and each party holding true to an unalterable political Ten Commandments not subject to fact checking we're headed to a declaration of national emergency to resolve this debacle.

There is a clear and present danger to all Americans because of this seemingly unworkable federal government. Does it take a deadly airplane crash to snap Washington out of it's stupor. How did we get to a situation where one man's vanity wall creates such chaos and confusion.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:15 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,408 times
Does 800k refer to DACAs? They aren't Americans, they're deportation is deferred temporarily.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:18 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverjazz2019 View Post
I'll be lined up to **** on trumps wall once its built.
I've got no problem with that, let us know how the back side of it looks.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,149 times
Now there's a good liberal, multiply the published number by 312 and get the result you want. Is it 800,000 as reported daily or your number? You're saying that all but 76,000,000 in the US are suffering these conditions ? The population of the US (2017) is 326 million so subtracting your 250 million, that leaves 76 million. Oh wait, I just realized that those 76 million are the rich, conservative, Trump backers, sorry, my mistake.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Only Trump has made it his rally cry. It's symbolic of his ego and something he wants to put his name on, and will surely hail as his great victory over the evil Democrats. Has nothing to do with security. The Democrats don't want him to have a political win. No one is being put in immediate danger by not funding this wall.
Tell that to all the families of Americans who have been killed by illegal aliens in the last year or 2. Those guys aren't overstaying VISAs, those guys are sneaking in the country across our mostly open border after being deported multiple times and when they finally kill or injure something they rush back across the border to hide from justice. This has everything to do with security.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:27 AM

29,543 posts, read 9,707,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Umm, culture.

You're the blatant racist that attributes all differences in behaviour to DNA and race, and cannot conceive of an explanation "other than by way of some sort of genetic difference". Truest sign of a racist - the belief that all differences are due to genes.

I go to places for enjoyment but also to experience the local environment and talk to the people. The Hondurans I talked to last October mostly mocked the caravans. They view the caravaners - who are a teeny tiny percentage of Hondurans and NOT representative of typical Hondurans - as "chasing the rainbow" as one put it.
I point out how your comments are racist, so I'm the racist? That's rich and not surprising...

Right out of the book of bigotry. "Admit nothing. Deny everything and make counter accusations."

Not likely everyone involved in this thread has paid as close attention as I have, but for whatever reason I took your comments seriously. I took note of what you wrote -- verbatim -- and all anyone need do is review the record and there it is plain and simple. I do pay attention because I don't make such an accusation lightly or often or without good reason.

Your comment #2589. You also make the ridiculous claim I hate myself. Why? Because I am American, and I can point out the "ugly" in "ugly American?" Is this also your version of making sense?

Your comment #2663. In response to my further explanation that America and most the more wealthy modern advanced countries of the world have opportunity and environment better than poorer countries do, why so many try to emmigrate, you didn't simply agree. Instead you argued that "everyone wants the same success but they don't want to put in the effort to get it."

By "they" you were referring to these poor people in other countries, stuck there or tying to emmigrate. Or is there another way to understand what you wrote here too?

If you don't see the racism in your comments, even with this simple clarification, I'm not surprised because that sort of denial is also very typical. Your words remain however and pointing out how your belief in this regard is racist (and/or xenophobic) certainly does not make me anything of the sort. Though it is easy for you to deny the facts of the matter in any case and flail away with ridiculous counter accusations, I know how it goes, but again it's what you wrote.

Rather than bother any further with more wasted effort or with any more silly counter accusations, while you are enjoying yourself in any of those countries, why don't you just explain to "them" how it is that "they" don't have what we Americans have "because they don't want to put in the effort."

Good luck with that and don't stray too far from your resort...

Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It seems Republicans didn't learn from their former greed-fest that we are still digging out from under (The Great Recession).

You don't mess with the stock market and you don't intentionally mess up millions of jobs and people.

Shouldn't take much education to realize that.

the 'great recession' was caused by liberal policies from the 90's:

1995 Clinton's chiefs of HUD, Henry Cisneros and then Andrew Cuomo, changed the mortgage rules, causing a housing bubble (housing rose at an unsustainable level) HUD controls the mortgage rules, and fannie/Freddie were smack in the middle of it

at the same time, Clinton and all the so-called 'freetrade' agreements which caused massive outsourcing of jobs (how can people afford to buy homes, if their jobs are gone)

you want to point a blame at the recession.. its liberal policies.. (and there are a few liberal 'republicans' (the so-called neo-cons) out there, both bushs to name just 2)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies