Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 09:48 AM

652 posts, read 340,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I hope he declares an emergency, so it goes to the courts and gets rejected. Then, finally, we can move on with the business of getting this traitor out of office.
You’re a little behind. We got the traitor out of office in the last election. Don’t you get news reports in your safe space?

Old 01-19-2019, 09:50 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,901,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is NO WAY trump will compromise on the wall, he has stated over and over again, he WOULD NEVER do this, he would keep it shutdown for months and years...If he suddenly caved in, he would be FINISHED and he knows that.
He'll also be finished if he doesn't open the government.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:00 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Ah, in another of his "accurate" predictions, the OP guessed completely wrong....and I guess completely right - that is, that Trump didn't know what he was gonna say but was being heavily pressured by his Party and Advisors to "do something".

Still, it was good to see how many Trumpies believe in doing away with all precedent and militarizing the country. As FDR said "They Hate me....and I WELCOME THEIR HATE"....which is the proper reaction rather than "be nice to Trumpies and they will come around to Democracy, Fairness and the Rule of Law".

Old 01-19-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
IMO, these are some HUGE compromises on the Repubs. side, and I hope the Dems. don't reject it out of hand.

It would absolutely be seen as a victory on both sides, except by the hard-core cultists.

Now just so you know for sure, I voted for Trump, because I couldn't vote for Hilary, but I'm NOT a "cultist", even though I had high hopes for him, AND even though I would have hated it, I would have accepted it if Hillary was elected.
Typically, such negotiations are done behind closed doors with the parties involved.

The fact that Trump wants to make a public Reality Show out of it is Strike One.

I don't think I ever remember a similar event.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Typically, such negotiations are done behind closed doors with the parties involved.

The fact that Trump wants to make a public Reality Show out of it is Strike One.

I don't think I ever remember a similar event.
If there were back room negotiations, it would be a mistake for Trump to do this. You simply allow the negotiations to play out.

I suppose it would be OK for Trump to announce "we are working on a compromise" but that's not how Trump works.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:05 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
What about the tunnels? Airplanes? Busses? Cars? Bikes? Of course the border has many problems.

Those are human beings fleeing from horrible conditions. In case you have not noticed, this is happening all over the world.

There needs to be more humane solutions. Sounds like the democrats have some money allocated for better check points, more asylum judges. More border patrol agents. Also, great fences need to divide our countries, but not shoot people down, because they are different from you and seeking a better life.

I hope in my lifetime that wars can end and people can just get along. What a dream. Martin Luther King Jr had a dream; maybe we should expand on that dream. Just saying. We need to quit being closed minded and think beyond what we think we know.

Oh the watabouts. Nothing stops illegal immigration 100% but why not try to stop as much of it as we can? Illegal aliens don't come by airplane, duh. Cars and bikes would have to come through our southern border and the good physical barriers will help stop much of that.

We can't be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world that wants to flee their homelands. That would be inhumane to our own citizens. Who said anything about shooting people down? No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others that doesn't belong to them. Different from us? WTH would that be? We already have much diversity our country from those here legally or are citizens of our country.

How are we being close minded? We are being close minded by not letting into our country every poor and destitute person that wants to come here? WTH? We allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year and many legitimate asylum seekers so what's your problem?

Old 01-19-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is NO WAY trump will compromise on the wall, he has stated over and over again, he WOULD NEVER do this, he would keep it shutdown for months and years...If he suddenly caved in, he would be FINISHED and he knows that.
1. He is already finished.
2. He already compromised vastly - his "ask" now is about 1/10th of the amount and he is already a few years late on even that....AND, he has no plan for addressing all the rest of the issue (Comprehensive Immigration Reform).

This is not a reality show. He already lost- it was called the Election of 2018 and his lack of doing something on the first day.

Next thing you will tell us is that the ACA does not exist any longer and it's been replaced by better and cheaper care. Then you will tell us the N. Korea is denuclearizing. Lastly, tell us the Stock market is up 15% in 2018.

He lost. Bigly.
Now, we know that - no matter what - he calls a loss a bigly win. Ask him about Atlantic City and all his bankruptcies.....to him they are wins.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:08 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
One party power is a dictatorship and that's the goal of open borders. You would be all for it .....

wrong.

life-long registered independent who has voted D,R & 3rd.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:23 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95559504764930

State of the Union = Broken government.
Congress cannot even secure endowed (sacred) rights (prosecute trespass; adjudicate disputes; defend against enemies, foreign or domestic).

Trump is going to take that power from Congress. 3pm tomorrow.

Hard to guess the specifics but I’m sure it will be full of bombast and lies about an invasion, prayer rugs found along the border and other things to alarm and horrify his base. Shouldn’t this President be negotiating in person with the Democratics?

Old 01-19-2019, 10:33 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
The rumors are that Trump's offering a DACA deal. Coulter and Rush will be furious if this is the case--they might even resign from their positions as senior radio host advisors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies