Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:36 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times

Advertisements

Saying Obama was a decent President is like saying the guy driving a satellite driven tractor is a decent farmer. He just kind of sat in the White House and did nothing for 8 years. No imagination or creativity. Just sat there and reacted to what his advisors told him to react to.

And then went to Martha's Vineyard to hang out with rich white folks while black Americans regressed financially and morally.

Oh...but he was articulate and said all the right things that helped Liberals get to their safe spaces....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 07:53 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Saying Obama was a decent President is like saying the guy driving a satellite driven tractor is a decent farmer. He just kind of sat in the White House and did nothing for 8 years. No imagination or creativity. Just sat there and reacted to what his advisors told him to react to.

And then went to Martha's Vineyard to hang out with rich white folks while black Americans regressed financially and morally.

Oh...but he was articulate and said all the right things that helped Liberals get to their safe spaces....
I agree with your first para, like Jackie Robinson, Obama as the first black president couldn't rock the boat. Not sure if he had it in him to do it anyhow.

Second para, just false. The economy continually grew under his watch, starting in horrible place - he did all right there. Morally? Guess that depends on your morals. He's a good man, good dad, good husband and the way his hair got gray you know he agonized over the job as any conscience person would.

I find the current guy morally reprehensible. He's the only president in my half century of life I feel that way about. For obvious reasons.

Third para, patronizing tripe.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:56 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I agree with your first para, like Jackie Robinson, Obama as the first black president couldn't rock the boat. Not sure if he had it in him to do it anyhow.

Second para, just false. The economy continually grew under his watch, starting in horrible place - he did all right there. Morally? Guess that depends on your morals. He's a good man, good dad, good husband and the way his hair got gray you know he agonized over the job as any conscience person would.

I find the current guy morally reprehensible. He's the only president in my half century of life I feel that way about. For obvious reasons.

Third para, patronizing tripe.
I agree with him being a moral person and a good family man. But he did nothing for his people. When I voted for him in '08 I was a life long Democrat even though never a liberal. I expected him to raise hell with the way the black folks were treated and the way they treat each other and the terrible cycle of poverty, single parenthood and lack of family values in that community.

NOTHING is exactly what he did.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:10 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,148 times
Quote:
I agree with him being a moral person and a good family man. But he did nothing for his people. When I voted for him in '08 I was a life long Democrat even though never a liberal. I expected him to raise hell with the way the black folks were treated and the way they treat each other and the terrible cycle of poverty, single parenthood and lack of family values in that community.

NOTHING is exactly what he did.
I don't know, pretty sure the fact that old white conservative men think he was so extremely divisive counters that. He tried telling them, as that educated, responsible, decent man, (yet black where those white guys aren't) that things really weren't fair for black people and that white people had a lot to do with that. Unless you buy into the silly notion that every problem existing in black communities is solely the responsibility of black people then it would be hard to argue. He's black, I'm not. The other metrics I would use to judge the validity of a persons take, he does well in.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:34 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Read the links for yourself

What links?

Old 02-04-2019, 01:42 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:

Vs trump who's making Carter great again

Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
What links?
The links in my original post you responded too?!?!

Not like it will matter, most trump right wingers are allergic to facts these days

Old 02-04-2019, 06:44 PM

1,152 posts, read 619,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Putin, Kim Jong-un, Mohammed bin Salman, Rodrigo Duterte, etc. All murderous thugs. Trump's kind of people.
You have no idea what kind of relationship he has with NK or Putin. To insinuate that you do is a flat out lie. Since Trump came to power, he was brave enough to simply park 2 aircraft carrier fleets off the NK coast. little rocket man is not testing missles, not threatening us or anybody else, in his box where he blongs. Obama did zippy on NK, sit and watch the guy expand his testing and technological know-how. I’ll take Trump any day.

He cares about us, Americans just like he’s supposed to.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Wall won't do Jack **** except please the base. Trump knows this.

Illegals will still find a way to get in and work for employers, many of whom are in red states. Illegals solve multiple problems that our govt refuses to address with proper immigration reform. Stupid wall isn't the solution
Oh yeah, walls work as well as that door with a lock on it in front our your house. Will you believe anything hear on tv? Walls don’t work? Ask any prison guard about how well they work. Come on, man.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Walls do work....it is physics. If they didn't work, you wouldn't fight it being built.

That's why Democrat politicians and Republicans who support illegal immigration have big walls around their mansions.
The funny thing about the Wall debate.... if walls are so immoral and don’t work, why aren’t there any calls to tear down the existing walls we’ve already built and paid for? You know the one that Chuckie and company voted to build under o-blah-blah? Oh, by the way it was over $49B and $9B of it was for walls, yep walls, more than one wall was voted for and signed into law by Mr. Happy, himself, Barack Hussein Obama.

Last edited by stank1964; 02-04-2019 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies