Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 06:38 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
My party? I used to be a republican until they went full nutter with trump.

The irony is that red states use illegal labor bigly and ignore it when E-verify Violations are found

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arely-enforced
Sure you were. Sounds like you are a liberal who lacks the courage of his convictions.

Given Trump had more appeal than the average Republican, and won several traditionally blue voting states, it is amusing when you try to make him out as crazy. His crazy appealed to more Democrat voters and flipped blue states.

Red states are not 100 percent Republican voters and obviously some Republicans are horrible on immigration b/c they want cheap labor. You as a liberal Democrat have the same position on immigration on those 'red states' E verify violators if they are Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Sure you were. Sounds like you are a liberal who lacks the courage of his convictions.

Given Trump had more appeal than the average Republican, and won several traditionally blue voting states, it is amusing when you try to make him out as crazy. His crazy appealed to more Democrat voters and flipped blue states.

Red states are not 100 percent Republican voters and obviously some Republicans are horrible on immigration b/c they want cheap labor. You as a liberal Democrat have the same position on immigration on those 'red states' E verify violators if they are Republican.
And you sound like a hypocrite that gives Trump's trillion dollar deficits a free pass, but would complain if a Democrat did the same thing.

Bottom line is, trump had TWO years of gop congressional control and couldn't get his wall funded. You think he is going to get that now with Pelosi?? She isn't an idiot. Most Americans don't even want the ****ing wall and would rather put that money somewhere else, esp since MEXICO was supposed to pay for it!!

Old 02-02-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
And you sound like a hypocrite that gives Trump's trillion dollar deficits a free pass, but would complain if a Democrat did the same thing.

Bottom line is, trump had TWO years of gop congressional control and couldn't get his wall funded. You think he is going to get that now with Pelosi?? She isn't an idiot. Most Americans don't even want the ****ing wall and would rather put that money somewhere else, esp since MEXICO was supposed to pay for it!!
You were a Republican who now thinks Pelosi isn't an idiot.

Ok then.

You oppose the wall b/c illegal immigration is how Democrats flipped California and the party's plan to flip other states like Texas and Florida.

Your party wants to change the electorate through illegal immigration.

If these immigrants were likely GOP voters, we would have a wall taller than the one in Game of Thrones already.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:25 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
You were a Republican who now thinks Pelosi isn't an idiot.

Ok then.

You oppose the wall b/c illegal immigration is how Democrats flipped California and the party's plan to flip other states like Texas and Florida.

Your party wants to change the electorate through illegal immigration.

If these immigrants were likely GOP voters, we would have a wall taller than the one in Game of Thrones already.
Illegals can't vote. The ignorance of the right is astounding

Old 02-02-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Many of them do vote. It is crazy that you are calling the right ignorant. There was one arrested in Texas this week for voting illegally. I think this person is going to jail for it.

Obviously your party wants to give them citizenship as well.

It doesn't make any sense to be hostile about a wall being built on the border unless it has something to do with your party's political power.

If a ton of likely GOP voters were flooding across the border, you and other Democrats would have no problem witth a wall being built.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:31 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
I came within a finger-stroke of becoming a registered California voter. Since I am a lawyer I was unwilling to check the "oath" box, but it would have been frighteningly easy. Then again, I'm a hard left-winger.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:36 PM

There's a good chance Americans like Mollie Tibbets would still be alive if we had a wall on the border.

It couldn't have hurt to have the wall there.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:47 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:

illegals are not supposed to do a lot of things like being here and they do.......if they steal social security numbers and identities and lie in every application for job and services, what makes you think they don't vote? in many democrat cities they make it easy to vote because they don't require much and they hardly enforce the laws.

I think it's you who is naive.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Says a person who votes for a party that has been friendly with Chavez, Castro, the Soviet Union, Iran, etc

Your past president gave Iran a pile of money, and Iran a state sponsor of terrorism.

Trump ended that 'deal'.
I voted Libertarian in 2016. And in 2018 I voted the Democratic for the first time since 1976 thanks to Trump.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I voted Libertarian in 2016. And in 2018 I voted the Democratic for the first time since 1976 thanks to Trump.
Ok, so what?

He won the election and your candidate lost. She's as crooked as they come too.

It is difficult to virtue signal about voting for Hillary Clinton. SHe's not Abraham Lincoln.

She's literally tried to blame the Russians for her election loss She's the sorest loser of all time.

The ironic thing is she paid for the dirty dossier about Trump which involved using Russian 'sources'.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 02-02-2019 at 09:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies