Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 11:16 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave View Post
I generally lean to the right on most issues, but I actually don't believe Obama was a bad President. He certainly wasn't the worst one we've had.

The economy was in horrible shape when Obama entered office, but it improved greatly during his term in the White House. I listen to talk radio a lot and they love to bring up how well the stock market has done since Trump took office, but yet they don't mention how it skyrocketed during Obama's Presidency.

Also, I don't believe Obamacare is a bad thing. People with pre-existing conditions can now get coverage and subsidies allow poorer Americans to get coverage. Personally, I don't mind paying higher premiums for that.

The successful Bin Laden mission happened during Obama's term, as well as thawing of our relationship with Cuba.

I just don't understand how he was a horrible President.

You could have left the "Obama was a decent President" out of your title and that statement would still be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 11:30 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Are you?

Perhaps for it is certainly a statement I could not agree with.

Here we have a man who supposedly knew the Constitution but then tried to do end runs around the 14th Amendment. Someone who was not an engineer but told the auto industry what the new gas mileage standards had to be. Someone who had things looking good while he was in charge but didn't tell the country that once he was gone, it would change unless Congress wrote the laws for it to stay.

Wasn't this the guy who said he knew a project wouldn't work so he didn't bother to attend.....and a reporter then said, "Then what the heck are we paying you for?".

This was the man who made war less personal with drones, so people forgot about it. Isn't that what got us 9/11? When they figured that if all we were going to do was to shoot cruise missiles, then we were a profitable target to attack......but their thinking took a second guess when they realized that we would invade.....but this man took us back once again to the time before.

He meddled in local affairs and threw gasoline on the fires.

I see the memes on Facebook asking, "Wasn't he your favorite president?" and that's part of the point in that I see it as that people who voted for him elected the (class) favorite and not the (class) president.

It really bugged me to see him flying around Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election on AF 1. I understand if the President is out campaigning for his party but as someone who is suppose to be for all the people, he shouldn't be giving one side rides, especially on our tax dollar.

A decent President? Not in my opinion.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:35 AM

134 posts, read 113,682 times
I do not think Obama was a terrible president, but he could have been more assertive with China. He let China build those islands in the South China Sea without any pushback. Just how could he believe the Chinese lies the islands for for peaceful purposes? He seemed to want to avoid any major conflicts with anyone.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:38 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Maybe it's because I know that bashing someone's head in the ground isn't a good idea.
Head-bashing while being of a certain race?

Old 01-30-2019, 07:26 PM

1,152 posts, read 619,009 times
Let’s face it, each and every one of us of lived +/- 1/10 of our lives, 25% of our working lives with Obama in charge. Please tell us one way you benefitted personally under his leadership? Just one, that’s all I need to hear.

For me, he was willing to authorize the mission that killed the only person I’ve ever hated in my life, osama bin laden. For that, I am grateful.

The president works for us, I expect him/her to something for you, me, us. Obama was a do nothing President, only slightly better than Carter.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:33 PM

1,152 posts, read 619,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I was not a big fan of Obama.

But he did kill Bin Laden, save GM, and pull the economy out of a recession and housing crisis.

Lifelong republican (until 2016 anyway) or not, I have to give credit where credit is due.
I loved the way that Obama always blamed Bush for the financial crisis but he signed the bailout bill.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:46 PM

4,258 posts, read 3,178,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
I loved the way that Obama always blamed Bush for the financial crisis but he signed the bailout bill.
According to Obama, it was the "Bush" economy for years and years!

Old 01-30-2019, 09:20 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

Race has nothing to do with it. Stop with that stuff, there's a reason we voted in Trump, and that's one of them.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:06 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Race has nothing to do with it. Stop with that stuff, there's a reason we voted in Trump, and that's one of them.
Two sides of the same coin ...

Old 01-31-2019, 02:30 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Let’s face it, each and every one of us of lived +/- 1/10 of our lives, 25% of our working lives with Obama in charge. Please tell us one way you benefitted personally under his leadership? Just one, that’s all I need to hear.

For me, he was willing to authorize the mission that killed the only person I’ve ever hated in my life, osama bin laden. For that, I am grateful.

The president works for us, I expect him/her to something for you, me, us. Obama was a do nothing President, only slightly better than Carter.
Do nothing is better than start trade wars and make racists feel great again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies