Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:30 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,652,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You think the Amateur Hour we're witnessing in the White House should be emulated on a larger scale?
I believe we need an influx of fresh representatives in our government. I believe we need term limits for the House and Senate. Career politicians, on both sides of the aisle, are beholden to far to many people to ever effectively represent the ever-changing values and concerns of the populace. We are not witnessing "Amateur Hour" as you so eloquently put it. We simply have a president who has taken all the norms and thrown them out the window. Which is exactly what many Americans were looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 10:47 AM

20,802 posts, read 8,628,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Pelosi has been in politics for decades. She knows how things work inside the beltway and she knows how to negotiate. Trump has zero political experience and has absolutely NO IDEA what he's doing or how government works.
The Loony Leftists are wondering why Fancy Nancy rejected Trump's latest compromise BEFORE HE EVEN ANNOUNCED IT. She looked pretty foolish giving a canned response. Laid off government workers want her to compromise like Trump has done with his latest offer so they can get back to work.

Now she has put many of them at risk for permanent layoffs. After thirty days furlough (not sure if it's business days or calendar) civil servants can be permanently laid off. It's impossible to fire them so this is a way to get rid of the lazy, incompetent, obstructionists specifically the Senior Executive Service who are Deep Staters. I think that was Trump's ultimate plan.

Mick Mulvaney was head of the Office of Budge Management and laid out the plan in a cabinet meeting several months ago. I watched it on the White House channel. He found out there was agency overlap and many employees were irrelevant. Getting rid of them would save a fortune in taxpayer money and make all agencies more efficient and cheaper.

With that money saved, the wall aka barrier would pay for itself.

So I can see Trump announcing he was going to open the government since he didn't need the Dems and he hated to see common folk suffering any more. Then Fancy Nancy would have no excuse to not negotiate immigration reform, which she doesn't really want.

Trump has accomplished more than a typical politician and that terrifies them since they are all talk and no action.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 AM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Key word from you article which isn't even from an American paper, "Opinion".

I could care LESS what someone from Australia thinks!
And here I thought one of Two-Scoop's main selling points was how he'd restore the US' reputation. Suddenly, it's not important, I guess.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:53 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,997,651 times
It doesn't matter if you think Nancy or Donny is winning, the rest of the country most certainly not is winning with these two boneheads playing "he/she started it" games.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,924,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Back firing on who? She's winning lol
What has she won?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:56 AM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
We are not witnessing "Amateur Hour" as you so eloquently put it. We simply have a president who has taken all the norms and thrown them out the window.
You're right. The word amateur means someone who does an activity for the love of doing it, and that's clearly not the case here.

Quote:
Which is exactly what many Americans were looking for.
That, I do not doubt. There is never a lack of people who take things like functioning government for granted.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:58 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,652,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're right. The word amateur means someone who does an activity for the love of doing it, and that's clearly not the case here.

That, I do not doubt. There is never a lack of people who take things like functioning government for granted.
Just as there is never a lack of people who overlook corruption in favor of functionality.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:59 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,997,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Just as there is never a lack of people who overlook corruption in favor of functionality.
Corruption IS the operating currency of our government.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:02 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,003,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Pelosi is winning nothing. All she has done is run away or attempted to run away. This is not a battle of one side wins or one side loses. This is about two parties coming together, hashing things out and doing what's in the best interest of the citizens of the United States of America. So far Pelosi has done nothing but act like a whining, petulant child. She needs to come back into the room, sit across the table and stay engaged in the conversation until an agreement is reached that best serves and protects the citizens of the United States.
IIRC in one of those meetings it was TRUMP who walked out of the room.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:02 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Was she on medication?
She sounds perfectly clear to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies