Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Did you even read what I said? Trump is being the unreasonable one. He wants Americans to suffer!
Trump is in DC making offers and Pelosi is on an airplane to where-ever and you think Trump is unreasonable. Pelosi offered one dollar and has not moved from that position, not even to offer fifty cents more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 01:10 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She is the Speaker of the House, the branch of government that controls the purse strings. If you don't like that, take it up with the founding fathers, as it's in the Constitution.
Please point me to the point in the Constitution where it says the Speaker of the House has a right to spend money lavishly.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:11 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Absolutely. Both parties should get together to reform immigration once and for all. Everyone I know is for greater border security.
I agree reform is needed. I don't put stock in polls either, especially after Hillary was predicted to be the next POTUS via polls.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:26 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
She doesn't do her job. She is more concerned with illegal immigrants than her own citizenry.
Show us. Post a link that says that. Neither you nor any other Trump supporter has ever been able to back up this fake claim.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:26 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Don't fall for that edited garbage. It's just more right wing dirty tricks. Pelosi is indeed winning and Trump is a moron for saying that he is proud to own the shutdown.
That did put his backers in a bit of a difficult position, didn't it? They're trying, bless their hearts, but with friends like Trump you don't need enemies.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafret View Post
Trump is in DC making offers and Pelosi is on an airplane to where-ever and you think Trump is unreasonable. Pelosi offered one dollar and has not moved from that position, not even to offer fifty cents more.
"I want you to buy me a car!"
"I am not going to buy you a car."
"OK, then I want you to pay for half my car!"
"Not happening."
"Why won't you negotiate?!?"

Old 01-21-2019, 01:31 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Please point me to the point in the Constitution where it says the Speaker of the House has a right to spend money lavishly.
How is going on a political trip to speak with our allies spending money lavishly? Meanwhile, we have the completely irrelevant and useless FLOTUS spending our money to take weekly trips to her spa in Florida. That's spending lavishly for you.

Your turn. Please point to the place in the Constitution where it says the president has a right to demand that the Congress turn over their Constitutionally given powers to the him? He does NOT control the purse strings, no matter how much he believes otherwise. The framers built in the separation of powers for this very reason.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The people that live in border states don't think the wall is unneeded.
Meet Will Hurd.
  • Congressman.
  • Republican.
  • Texan.
  • Has 800 miles of border in his district.
  • Calls the border crisis a myth and the wall a 3rd-century solution to a 21st-century problem.
  • On Fox.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop...sis-a-myth.amp

You were saying?

Old 01-21-2019, 01:42 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"I want you to buy me a car!"
"I am not going to buy you a car."
"OK, then I want you to pay for half my car!"
"Not happening."
"Why won't you negotiate?!?"
"What kind of car?"
"I don't know."
"How much will insurance, maintenance, gas cost?"
"I don't know."
"How much will the car cost altogether."
"I don't know, but until you buy me car I'm going to hold Grandpa hostage."
"What the hell?"

Old 01-21-2019, 01:43 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Pelosi is doing nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies