Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 09:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
The previous abortion law already allowed for a late term abortion if the mother was in jeopardy of dying. This allows for late term abortion for something as innocuous and undefined as the expectant mother's "mental health". In other words, theoretically a mother carrying a perfectly normal child could get cold feet a week before her due date and decide to have an abortion due to extreme stress or anxiety...i.e. for the good of her "mental health".

Heck, the Virginia governor basically justified after birth abortions in cases where the baby is accidentally born in bad shape. So much for the line in the doctor's oath to..."do no harm"
The logic of your argument is appalling.

After months of pregnancy, a mother gets "cold feet"??? Because.......

And then she decides that giving up the baby for adoption is not possible. She must kill it. Because......

And since she has decided that, she has the $25,000-$30,000 that a late-term abortion costs, just lying around. While delivering the baby would cost $5,000-$6,000, why not spend 5 times as much money? Because............

And of course, while there are only a handful of doctors nationwide who perform late-term abortions, she just happens to have a doctor that says, sure, I'll kill your healthy baby, risk my medical license and prison. Because..............

The previous abortion law didn't allow for a late-term abortion if the fetus was not viable. While I am sure you cannot imagine the pain and distress that carrying a baby that is not viable to term puts on a woman, thank goodness some people in this country do possess empathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies