Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support this emergency order?
Yes 105 44.87%
No 129 55.13%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 05:35 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So President arse hat gets the money for the wall. Either Muller gets to him first for whatever reasons. OR in 2020 he loses the election and funding for the wall is revoked.
Trump ain't losing to Child Molester Joe Biden, and that's the Democrat front-runner....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 05:37 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
He is gonna face Bernie Sanders... and loose!

Old 01-25-2019, 05:41 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Trump ain't losing to Child Molester Joe Biden, and that's the Democrat front-runner....
Trump will lose to anyone with an IQ over 5.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:45 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This will be awesome. In 2020 when the Dems take back things (or 2024, doesn't matter when because like usual its a pendulum and WILL happen), we're going to deal with:
The healthcare emergency
The climate change emergency
The wealth inequality emergency.

It will be great! Thanks Republicans! All for a wall, lol.
This.

Remember what happened with ending the filibuster?

Dont understimate the Dems ability to nominate another loser. Eventually they will manage to not Hillary themselves and it will cause a huge uproar on the right.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:02 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yes I do! The battle was lost but it led to Mexico losing Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California to the United States. It didn't work out too well for Mexico. Are you sure you want to keep that analogy?

Oh, dear. You seem to be conflating matters again.

I realize this may be confusing to some, so I'll hit the highlights here.

While "Remember the Alamo" may have been a useful slogan to fire up U.S. expansion plans, the Alamo wall did not keep anyone out.

Texas, California, Arizona, and New Mexico in ,the U.S. was the result of the Mexican-American War, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in which the U.S. paid Mexico $15 million and the Gadsden Purchase in which the U.S. paid Mexico $10 million.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:03 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
How much do they get on Social Welfare?
If you define it as schooling, most.

If you define it as things like SNAP. Not as much. It can be done sometimes, but requires hoops to jump thru and puts them on radar that most do not want to be on.

I work 2nd job next to a town full of Hispanics and deal with them daily. Some of their parents are illegal Im sure. Asking would be me asking to be sued. Most parents speak passable English. A few speak almost none. In the 11 years I have had that 2nd job, NOT one of their kids was any less than a competent English speaker. In fact, many times the kids is my translalator. Most of the kids speak English without accent. Most of the times if there is an accent, it is very small such as adding "E" sound before anything starting with "S" sound.

Random point. The kids are fully Americanized. And those families WORK.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:11 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, dear. You seem to be conflating matters again.

I realize this may be confusing to some, so I'll hit the highlights here.

While "Remember the Alamo" may have been a useful slogan to fire up U.S. expansion plans, the Alamo wall did not keep anyone out.

Texas, California, Arizona, and New Mexico in ,the U.S. was the result of the Mexican-American War, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in which the U.S. paid Mexico $15 million and the Gadsden Purchase in which the U.S. paid Mexico $10 million.
FYI, the Mexican American War was the direct result of the Alamo. Yes, the U.S. did pay Mexico for that land at a cost though that was almost considered free considering the tens of millions of acres the U.S. gained as well as direct access to the Pacific Ocean through the southwest. Mexico had little choice other than accept the terms of surrender.
Are you trying to say Mexico didn't end up the loser in that war? No matter how you try to bend and twist history, you can't change it to fit your needs.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:16 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
If you define it as schooling, most.

If you define it as things like SNAP. Not as much.
It can be done sometimes, but requires hoops to jump thru and puts them on radar that most do not want to be on.

I work 2nd job next to a town full of Hispanics and deal with them daily. Some of their parents are illegal Im sure. Asking would be me asking to be sued. Most parents speak passable English. A few speak almost none. In the 11 years I have had that 2nd job, NOT one of their kids was any less than a competent English speaker. In fact, many times the kids is my translalator. Most of the kids speak English without accent. Most of the times if there is an accent, it is very small such as adding "E" sound before anything starting with "S" sound.

Random point. The kids are fully Americanized. And those families WORK.
I like how you put that. No conservative wants to admit that they send their kids to what are basically social welfare facilities, so they can't define it as the first. But then they also don't want to admit that their stupid Fox News "the illegulz are all on welfare!" nonsense is fake. They are convinced (or pretending to be convinced) that people stampede over the border and get handed their section 8 housing, Medicaid, food stamps, and cash assistance. It's embarrassingly absurd.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:32 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
FYI, the Mexican American War was the direct result of the Alamo. Yes, the U.S. did pay Mexico for that land at a cost though that was almost considered free considering the tens of millions of acres the U.S. gained as well as direct access to the Pacific Ocean through the southwest. Mexico had little choice other than accept the terms of surrender.
Are you trying to say Mexico didn't end up the loser in that war? No matter how you try to bend and twist history, you can't change it to fit your needs.
There is no bending or twisting of history. As far as I can tell, this is what actually happened.

The Alamo wall didn't keep anyone out. The Alamo was a rallying cry, but it was hardly the cause of the Mexican-American War.

Mexico wasn't going to just give up their territory because the U.S. wanted it, and the U.S. was in a, shall we say, an expansionist phase.

Eventually, the U.S. signed treaties and paid for land.

But the Alamo wall did not keep anyone out. Walls rarely do for very long. The threat of death from a military force does, but walls just don't.

Even the Great Wall of China was breached by the Mongol armies countless times.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:37 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
So again I ask if trump could always do this ,then why make 800,000 Americans suffer needlessly?

BECAUSE TRUMP IS A PETULANT LITTLE BABY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies