Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 12:41 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,534,094 times

Advertisements

The only people that look bad are the people that deserved it.
Himself and the idiots who blindly believed him from the start.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:50 AM

30,372 posts, read 23,836,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They were stooges being paid well for doing little. They may have felt it wasn't their place to ask why, or they assumed it had something to do with his schedule.
...I mean reporters or "journalists". If I was a reporter, and someone told me, 'they said it had to be done before or by Jan 29", I would ask, "Oh, why is that?" But all of these reports of that just end it with "they said this had to be done by this date". Not one of those reporters or journalists asked why?

Old 02-19-2019, 02:49 AM

4,937 posts, read 2,083,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
He's a celebrity. He's getting a slap on the wrist.
Wont serve any time.
There'll be a spin on this.
He suffers from psychological trauma or something. Sad but true.
Yeah, he suffers from a most severe case of TDS.

They, State and Federal law enforcement, will not do anything to him since he's a Gay Black man. Since he just hired a "damage control" consultant firm, I bet within this or next week, he will be checking himself into some treatment program... And will never... NEVER apologize for what he did and how he further helped divide the country even more, while trying to gather sympathy from the Left and Far-Left on their never ending hatred mission of Trump and ALL the people who support him. News Flash!! Many of us who support Trump are not White... Just throwing that out there before I'm called a racist.

Anyway, he made himself into a joke and basically destroyed a promising career since not only did he make himself look bad, he made the entire liberal media look bad by them showing their true biases against Trump and basically half of the United States, through their incompetence by not even investigating this story for even the most basic of facts.

The only good thing about this is MAYBE the media will wait for facts BEFORE believing anymore wild @zz stories about marauding groups of White men wearing red MAGA hats, carrying a rope and a gallon of bleach and walking the streets... In one of the top four liberal cities in the U.S.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-19-2019 at 09:52 AM..

Old 02-19-2019, 03:31 AM

24,455 posts, read 23,143,190 times
He's a hoaxer and a jackass and will face criminal charges for committing a hate crime. Maybe Trump can pardon him in a goodwill gesture. SNL should be doing something on him, what a wasted opportunity.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:22 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,280,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He made 3 groups look bad:

Blacks who claims to be victims of hate crimes
Gays who claim to be victims of hate crimes
Liberals who claims to be victims of hate crimes
I don’t see it that way. This is ALL on him and whoever else who helped him!

Old 02-19-2019, 04:32 AM

8,115 posts, read 12,846,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
...I mean reporters or "journalists". If I was a reporter, and someone told me, 'they said it had to be done before or by Jan 29", I would ask, "Oh, why is that?" But all of these reports of that just end it with "they said this had to be done by this date". Not one of those reporters or journalists asked why?
What grinds my gears is the ineptitude of the news media these days. Any rational person hearing this story should have done some critical thinking before reporting it as fact.

Nothing the "victim" claims happened made any sense yet the reporters decided to run with it.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:58 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,109,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
maybe. but he is a representative of both. apparently both groups have members who feel it is righteous to lie and create hate.

apparently all groups have members who feel it is righteous to lie and create hate

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-19-2019 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 02-19-2019, 06:08 AM

78,694 posts, read 60,892,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How die he make anyone else look bad? Blacks are not to blame for his folly. Neither are gays. ??????
1.He made the press look bad. They jumped all over a story that was incredibly shaky from the start as 100% real without any tough questions etc. Ironically, even now with the facts coming out we have reporters being accused of racism, anti-gay blah blah blah for being tough on Jussie.

2. He made knee jerk support for him from some on the left willing to lay this all at Trumps feet, look bad.

I agree there is no monolithic black or gay etc. group so he did not make them look bad....but he does make the "you have to believe all people claiming victimhood or you're the problem" look bad.

It's not that hoaxes don't happen fairly often (as a relatively smaller % of actual crimes) but that this one was EXTREMELY HIGH PROFILE.

P.S. Black men commit about as many hate crimes against gay men as whites do annually despite having 6x less population. Just a little factoid left out of the discussion when "of course" it had to be white Trump supporters hatin' this gay guy. What that tells me is that people care about attacks on gays when they can squeeze some political mileage out of it but otherwise it's an inconvenient truth to be avoided by the media.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:15 AM

10,576 posts, read 4,105,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
We'll see a lot more of this type of behavior before we reach 2020 as the more radical leftists stray further towards the cliffs of insanity.
No doubt. It's also why I think that MAGA fake bomber was nothing but a lie helped perpetrated by the corrupt FBI and the corrupt police in Broward county. But sadly, there is going to come a time when they can't fake it anymore, and will need real victims. Now are you starting to see why the democrats are fighting so hard for their sanctuary cities? They will have so many people at their disposal to do anything they want, put on a MAGA hat, walk in to a Black celebration and then open fire, or take a van full of explosives and park it right outside of one of Obama's daughter's homes. Let me just say, I still think some of these mass shootings are fake or set up by more powerful people to push their anti gun agendas, and I also think some of these cops shooting unarmed black men are fake too to keep the racial tensions alive and well.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:18 AM

10,576 posts, read 4,105,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
This one line paragraph seemingly bried in the story really made my ears go up.

Meanwhile, the Osundairo brothers are reportedly holed up in a Chicago hotel with police protection.

Why do these guys need round the clock police protection? When you read something like this it makes you wonder where this is all going. How high up does this go?
Well, just look at the connections Smollett happens to have. He's good friends with the Obamas, and they are in turn good friends with the Clintons, and we know how they have an interesting habit of witnesses disappearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies