Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
oh please...he went to Subway to establish a time line and reason for being out

He didn't go for food....
Yeah, exactly.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:24 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
oh please...he went to Subway to establish a time line and reason for being out

He didn't go for food....
Exactly.... TV personalities with such over inflated sense of worth would call up their assistants and expect THEM to fetch the sandwich in a polar vortex.....

Old 02-19-2019, 08:28 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/19/jussi...lleged-attack/

Say goodbye to his TV show and his career. What a moron. Dude should have just not made up fake attacked and he'd have been fine.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:50 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How die he make anyone else look bad? Blacks are not to blame for his folly. Neither are gays. ??????

When a black, gay actor fakes a hate crime that targets his race and his sexual orientation and blames it on the racism and homophobia of (presumably) white, male Trump supporters it reflects badly on blacks and gays as this guy was exploiting his "victimhood", which, by extension, spreads out to all blacks and gays. And the way the MSM jumped on the "victimhood" and condemned the crime as "this is America 2019", trying to make it appear that Trump supporters are the scum of the earth is far and beyond "journalist irresponsibility".

Sorry, but this is a sword that cuts both ways.

For the record, I'm not fully ready to convict Jussie of what I just wrote above until the official and final police report comes out and confirms it. Nevertheless, the evidence is pointing in that direction at this moment in time.

Most conservatives who also support Trump are ordinary people who want to live their lives in peace, raise their families, live a good life and get along with with everyone individually and as a nation. The same is no doubt true of most liberals, too.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:54 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
It seems like its more and more proving to be a hoax. The two brothers are supposedly saying he paid them money to do this.

This is really pretty sick at the end of the day. Assuming it's true of course. He also sat there for that interview and just lied over and over right to that lady's face.

What is wrong with some people??? Now I'm hearing he did it because he did get a real threatening racist letter recently and he was upset that people weren't "upset" enough about it so he goes out and concocts this silly story. I'm no real trump fan buy why drag MAGA hat wearing guys into the story??

Wasting the Chicago police department's tine and energy.

Hearing now that he might face a felony charge. I hope that they do charge him with something. Set a precedent for other people. You can't go around filling false police reports.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:01 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
DOUBLE OUCH:
https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...16750521270277

Old 02-19-2019, 09:01 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
outstanding read in national review:
Quote:
Jussie Smollett’s hoax is symptomatic of America’s illness. Because of the mainstreaming of academia’s victimhood culture, we are now in a place where we place more value on being a victim than on being heroic, charitable, or even kind. Victims or victim groups high on intersectionality points are supposed to be coveted, treated with child gloves, and believed unreservedly. Their “lived experience” gives them infinite wisdom. Those who urge caution are treated as bigots.
Hate-Crime Hoaxes Reflect America’s Sickness

Old 02-19-2019, 09:10 AM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How die he make anyone else look bad? Blacks are not to blame for his folly. Neither are gays. ??????

Correct, they're not, until they do not stand in line with Al Sharpton to denounce acts like this one.

Liberals and conservatives and everyone in between are correct in being disgusted in the white MAGA-hat wearing homophobic males who perpetrated this act, until they come to realize IT NeVER hAPPENED!

So we're waiting for apologies from the breathless over-reaching liberals who opened their big fat filthy mouths to rush to early convictions over this.

We are all staring at you now.

Dinesh d'Sousa calls it ideological dementia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
The only people that look bad are the people that deserved it.
Himself and the idiots who blindly believed him from the start.
This. But the key word here is blindly.

My first impression of the story was, Oh no, here we go, hope this isn't true. Some said the opposite. They were joyful that it might be true.

So now I'm disgusted in their delight.

If some liberals want us apple pie eating Americans to hate them, they are doing remarkable work. I can deal with hate though, as I am aware of the fact that evil has a half-life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Yeah, he suffers from a most severe case of TDS.

They, State and Federal law enforcement, will not do anything to him since he's a Gay Black man. Since he just hired a "damage control" consultant firm, I bet within this or next week, he will be checking himself into some treatment program... And will never... NEVER apologize for what he did and how he further helped divide the country even more, while trying to gather sympathy from the Left and Far-Left on their never ending hatred mission of Trump and ALL the people who support him. News Flash!! Many of us who support Trump are not White... Just throwing that out there before I'm called a racist.

Anyway, he made himself into a joke and basically destroyed a promising career since not only did he make himself look bad, he made the entire liberal media look bad by them showing their true biases against Trump and basically half of the United States, through their incompetence by not even investigating this story for even the most basic of facts.

The only good thing about this is MAYBE the media will wait for facts BEFORE believing anymore wild @zz stories about marauding groups of White men wearing red MAGA hats, carrying a rope and a gallon of bleach and walking the streets... In one of the top four liberal cities in the U.S.

On a side note, I truly hope that all those 15/16 year old boys from that Catholic school, who were accused of being racist sue the HeII out of all the liberal media sources who didn't even have the courage to investigate the incident BEFORE labaling them as racists.

Are we, as Americans, that stupid or incompetent that we and our obviously bias media, can't investigate a story for real facts? If so, God help us since we're all going down for the count.
This.

Thank you for your post.

But I must add to it.

I want incarceration and lawsuits for the criminally destructive politicians like Dianne Feinstein and everybody else involved in the Kavanaugh Hearing Scandal.... Michael Avanati, Julie Sweatnic...

We are not going to let that just fade away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I don’t see it that way. This is ALL on him and whoever else who helped him!
You are exactly wrong.

This is just the latest incident in a procession of incidents rolled out by the liberal media, academia, congress, snl, Hollywood, etc.

Covington Student's Lawyer To File Defamation Suits This Week

I hope they sue they asses off.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-19-2019 at 09:50 AM..

Old 02-19-2019, 09:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The Democrat left mass media has pooped itself on full volume, worldwide display with agenda-driven "Fake news," yet again.

This generation of the national mass media has discredited themselves to such an extent that they appear to be beyond redemption and cannot be broadly 'trusted' again. Of course the people who agree with the blatantly and frequently hysterical propaganda that they push will continue to cheer them on.

Hopefully a new media movement will somehow emerge that can be trusted going forward. But sadly there are no current signs of any such movement is currently developing that are readily visible.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:18 AM

18,469 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Jussie Smollett Offered Job At CNN

..but it's for the cause
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies