Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:43 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Let's see... He can pay the Nigerian brothers $3,500 each to stage this hate crime hoax but can't afford grubhub or uber eats?

You realize how stupid your assertion is, no?
No. He was out walking for a reason. To get jumped. Subway was part of the ruse. It was the only place open and serving food within walking distance at 2:00 am. It was all part of the plan.

How is that a stupid assertion?

Old 02-19-2019, 10:43 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Nothing is going to happen to Smollett...Why... because he is a liberal, black and gay.
I'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think he's going to have to pay the piper when it's comes to the CPD and FBI in some kind of way.

There has been ample opportunity for the cops and feds to drop it. They haven't. And I think that speaks volumes.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:45 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Liberals were so keen to believe this story because this is what they think of America. They think America is an evil, racist, homophobic place. But, those of us who understand reality, know that America is the greatest thing that has ever existed. My Asian-American gay husband and I know this and everyone treats us equally and well.

You are what you think. If you think of yourself as a victim, you will be one. My husband hates being put into the 'people of color' at his workplace. He rightfully feels that label is degrading, as all people are people. We Republicans will continue to refuse Democrats' divisive tactics.
I love that a gay Asian guy is against the whole identity politics thing. I wished more people would wake up or be "woke" on the inherent wrongness of the idea of judging people by their whatever race is.

I mean it's fundamentally not what we should be doing. We should be judging people on their own individual merits, yeah, we can acknowledge race if we need to but let's get past all of this stuff.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

I think he's going to have to pay the piper when it's comes to the CPD and FBI in some kind of way.

There has been ample opportunity for the cops and feds to drop it. They haven't. And I think that speaks volumes.
i agree, but only because of the post office aspect. if it weren't for that, they'd have dropped it like a hot potato.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:46 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I wonder if the police actually have the 'attack' on video, and just haven't admitted it... so they can watch Smollett hang himself.
I've actually thought this as well - after re-watching his GMA interview.

When Jussie took the police to where the "attack" happened, there was a camera right above - the CPD told Jussie that it was facing the wrong way though. On that I call bullcrap .... I think CPD knew right away that something was off and didn't show all their cards.

I do think the "attack" happened. I mean, in a stage-fighting fake sort of way.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:48 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,055,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
And in addition, here Paul Joseph Watson posted a rant about Jessie Smullett.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFYfqkrshp4

Old 02-19-2019, 10:50 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Quote:

Not to mention the USPS.

He's gonna go down for this.

The MSM has turned on him too.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Typically I would say in a situation like this, Jussie would get a slap on the wrist.

But honestly, I'm not so sure.

I don't think he's going to do hard time, but I don't think this is going away anytime soon - especially when the moron used the US Mail. Those investigators don't play.

What I'm more dismayed about, and yet, not surprised in the slightest, is that there haven't been (more) calls to boycott Empire and fire Jussie. I mean, the SWJ's called for Roseanne's head on a platter in about .03 seconds.
I HATE saying this because people LOVE to condemn Democrats for the sins of the liberals, but I will. Liberals are the most intolerant group in our country. You're not going to see the same level of outrage from the right or from moderates. It's always the same damn group causing all the problems and making big issues out of nothing.

The slogan of liberals should be Make America Hate Again.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:10 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Shouldn’t he be suspended without pay at this point? There seems to be enough there that he is a detriment to the show and a public relations nightmare at the very least. He lawyered up to the max, so he seems to know he’s in for a world of hurt. Lefties eat their own nicely when they hurt the narrative.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
What loudly Screams is the kidgloves with which the media is handling one of the special, protected classes.
Three special classes. He's black, gay, and half-Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies