Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed, self-vicitmization will get you nowehere in this world. All the great black leaders of America like Oprah, Ben Carson, Colin Powell, Barack Obama, etc. refused to be victims in the worlds greatest country and now they're all highly successful first generational millionaires.

Now imagined if they blamed everything on race, we wouldn't never even know their name.
The American story and they deserve it! My own family had no white privilege, growing up 'poor white' in the south, picking cotton. Now most of my aunts and uncles are millionaires through their own hard work.

This country is great if you choose to make it great. If, on the other hand, you choose to be a victim, then you'll be a victim.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:54 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I didn't mean to point you out in my disagreement, just the sentiment that statement leads us to.

Sorry about the harshness of my statement.

Glad I got that in before this thread goes over the cliff

Thanks McGowdog! I appreciate that.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:57 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think he's going to have to pay the piper when it's comes to the CPD and FBI in some kind of way.

There has been ample opportunity for the cops and feds to drop it. They haven't. And I think that speaks volumes.
Thing is, it doesn't matter, it's still a messed up situation. We throw the book at him and he goes to prison, you are going to have people compare him to someone like Brock Turner who was let off easy by a judge, and they will be angry about it. If he is let go or put on house arrest, this will anger those who he blamed was at fault, and those who were really victims of hate crimes but saw no justice.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:07 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,664 times
Interesting. The Talk spent close to 15 minutes on their show today discussing Jussie Smollett. But as they stumbled around for words most of that time, you could see that they were more concerned for themselves. Probably feeling embarrassed that they had foolishly but wholeheartedly believed his story, showing total support for him on last Thursday's show and basically lambasting all the people who felt that his story was a huge lie.

Eve said she was very sad about the whole thing and Sharon agreed. But to me they were only SAD for themselves and what Jussie's lies would do to their cause and their hatred for people that don't vote like they do. Never once did they say "how awful this is for Trump supporters to be accused falsely!" No, they just said how hard it would be in the future for people (like them) to be taken seriously.

They briefly mentioned Jussie could have done the purported hoax due to 'politics', but moved on rather quickly, never mentioning Trump, conservatives, whites, MAGA hats, etc. No mention of his ties to Kamala Harris and the anti-lynching bill. And of course no mention of how this affects everyday people who are trying to their lives at peace with their fellow Americans - whether they be white, black or yellow, straight or gay, republican or democrat, Christian or atheist, etc.

This is one of the reasons why I so dislike Hollywood and the liberal community so much. No apologies from them. In fact towards the end of the conversation, Sara deflexed from the ladies at the table with comments made by Cardi B about Jussie. It's just more divisive hate against a group of people who did nothing but vote differently from them, yet have to defend themselves and their loved ones daily from false accusations and assumptions about what they believe because they didn't vote for Hillary.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:16 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Interesting. The Talk spent close to 15 minutes on their show today discussing Jussie Smollett. But as they stumbled around for words most of that time, you could see that they were more concerned for themselves. Probably feeling embarrassed that they had foolishly but wholeheartedly believed his story, showing total support for him on last Thursday's show and basically lambasting all the people who felt that his story was a huge lie.

Eve said she was very sad about the whole thing and Sharon agreed. But to me they were only SAD for themselves and what Jussie's lies would do to their cause and their hatred for people that don't vote like they do. Never once did they say "how awful this is for Trump supporters to be accused falsely!" No, they just said how hard it would be in the future for people (like them) to be taken seriously.

They briefly mentioned Jussie could have done the purported hoax due to 'politics', but moved on rather quickly, never mentioning Trump, conservatives, whites, MAGA hats, etc. No mention of his ties to Kamala Harris and the anti-lynching bill. And of course no mention of how this affects everyday people who are trying to their lives at peace with their fellow Americans - whether they be white, black or yellow, straight or gay, republican or democrat, Christian or atheist, etc.

This is one of the reasons why I so dislike Hollywood and the liberal community so much. No apologies from them. In fact towards the end of the conversation, Sara deflexed from the ladies at the table with comments made by Cardi B about Jussie. It's just more divisive hate against a group of people who did nothing but vote differently from them, yet have to defend themselves and their loved ones daily from false accusations and assumptions about what they believe because they didn't vote for Hillary.
one would think this would be a good time for the media dolts to do a little introspection, and ponder just why it was they were so eager to jump on this ludicrous story full-force.

but introspection is not in their vocabulary.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,740,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Thing is, it doesn't matter, it's still a messed up situation. We throw the book at him and he goes to prison, you are going to have people compare him to someone like Brock Turner who was let off easy by a judge, and they will be angry about it. If he is let go or put on house arrest, this will anger those who he blamed was at fault, and those who were really victims of hate crimes but saw no justice.

I assume he'll get some sort of conviction and punishment. I read earlier today that the show he's on is being rewritten, cutting his scenes by more than half. I think his career will continue to dramatically suffer. Some people now hate him and some are embarrassed to be associated with him. I can't see him getting other acting roles in the future. He is always going to be known as that guy who faked his hate crime.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:27 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I assume he'll get some sort of conviction and punishment. I read earlier today that the show he's on is being rewritten, cutting his scenes by more than half. I think his career will continue to dramatically suffer. Some people now hate him and some are embarrassed to be associated with him. I can't see him getting other acting roles in the future. He is always going to be known as that guy who faked his hate crime.
The poll result in this thread show 94% of people think he's lying. That's a huge amount on any polls I've seen on CD before. They are usually more balanced.

Poll doesn't really mean much other than what some people on a message forum think.

I'm sort of embarrassed for the guy. That performance he gave on the interview that he was in. LOL, I mean didn't he even tear up a little. LOL, what a dumbass.

I hope that the police brings up charges against him for filing a false police report.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:51 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm not buying the anti-lynching bill aspect.

And I'm certainly not buying that Kamala Harris was involved. Jussie is stoopid. Kamala is not.
I would not bet on that...…….Trying to become president with it being common knowledge that you fornicated with a married man and tied your wagon to liar, after being a DA who wanted to jail mothers of children who were not able to get their grade school age kids to school...… is not a good start

Old 02-19-2019, 03:53 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed, self-vicitmization will get you nowehere in this world. All the great black leaders of America like Oprah, Ben Carson, Colin Powell, Barack Obama, etc. refused to be victims in the worlds greatest country and now they're all highly successful first generational millionaires.

Now imagined if they blamed everything on race, we wouldn't never even know their name.
That is why most of the democratic candidates who scream about rampant racism which does not exist are NOT going to be elected.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:54 PM

2,814 posts, read 2,279,917 times
Rafer had a couple updayes:
CPD sources say the tip about seeing him in the elevator with the brothers was unfounded.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RaferWeig...89890334248960

Also no court proceedings today. But meetings between police and prosecutors.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RaferWeig...91129293836288
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies