Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 01:04 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,298,361 times

Advertisements

I don't care of they make an example of him...
..only that he's treated like any other person that did this
He committed two crimes....one local...one federal involving the post office and FBI
...if they convict him on both

If he's not....that will really tell it all

Old 02-19-2019, 01:05 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
I keep trying to find a good reason why Smollett would do something like this. I also have to wonder if there was anyone egging him on, anyone who helped him plan this. And the ever present "WHY?" lingers there in my mind. What did he have to gain? Maybe the answer is, as you suggested--he is just plain stupid and there is no good reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Man, looking at it this way, holy crap, what he did is super psychopathic! He staged an attack, didn't get enough attention from the letter, got mad that people didn't believe him, went on National TV and cried about it, and it's just....all staged for no reason.....it's like...why???

I bet you the guy will probably be carried away peacefully by claiming he's mentally insane instead of being prosecuted.
Never underestimate a narcissist's need for attention...

Had his hoax succeeded, he would have been received as the equivalent of a Nobel Prize or Medal of Honor winner in the Resistance™/SJW world.

Smollett was even ready and willing to press charges against '2 unknown suspects'... until he learned they were his co-conspirators.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:09 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,788,575 times
To paraphrase a line from a great movie:

"In any crime, there are 50 ways you can screw up. And if you can think of half of them, then you are a genius"

And Jussie ain't no genius.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:10 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,186,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Dunno, but Anderson Cooper called Jussie a psychopath.
Really???? not related but I've always had a suspicion that Anderson is a secret conservative

Old 02-19-2019, 01:13 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Too high-profile. They're going to make an example out of him to other people that feel like faking crimes for whatever motivation.

For example, celebs that cheat on their taxes.
NOPE!

He is the poster child for their meme and will be protected, just like all the corrupt racist politicians in Virginia!

Old 02-19-2019, 01:19 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
A person who is a rising star, well liked, talented, successful, living a nice, comfy life - why the hell would they do something like that? TDS is so bad that they were willing to take the chance of throwing it all away? Really?

People have said it here - nothing ever happens to them.

Honest to God, these celebrities live in such a ginormous bubble of group-think - I'm positive Jussie never thought in a bajillion years that 1., people wouldn't believe him and that 2., people would find out that he was the mastermind (said tongue in cheek because my grandma could've schemed & planned this out better than he did).

When your celebrity friends and main stream media are all in for taking Trump & Trump voters down, well .... I'm sure the outcome we are seeing here isn't one Jussie ever thought possible.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:20 PM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
People have said it here - nothing ever happens to them.

Honest to God, these celebrities live in such a ginormous bubble of group-think - I'm positive Jussie never thought in a bajillion years that 1., people wouldn't believe him and that 2., people would find out that he was the mastermind (said tongue in cheek because my grandma could've schemed & planned this out better than he did).

When your celebrity friends and main stream media are all in for taking Trump & Trump voters down, well .... I'm sure the outcome we are seeing here isn't one Jussie ever thought possible.
He's obviously an idiot. You don't need to be smart to be an actor, just empathetic, and this proves it.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Really???? not related but I've always had a suspicion that Anderson is a secret conservative
It's his tightly wound facade.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:33 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
exactly. I have said that if you falsely cry "wolf" too many times...……..when the wolf actually shows up.... no one will believe you......
The thing is that the Wolf hasn't shown up in a long long LONG time. The fact of the matter is being black and gay, or white and gay is widely accepted by all. Long dead are the generations of the past that oppressed these people and their lifestyle. There is more anti-Semitism in this country and world that goes unchecked than there are people who are prejudice to blacks and gays. The question begs to be asked, WHY is that??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies