Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 12:35 PM

958 posts, read 306,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So if you are pro choice, that means you cannot be a Christian? Wow, isn't that being opposite of what Christianity is?
If you kill little babies in the womb, you aren't a practicing Christian.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:36 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,339,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Of course I've discussed this program on its merits. AND I've told the truth about 0bummer and the Marxist who HATE programs like Samaritan Ministires.
I just can't get it though to you that if you could have discussed ONLY its merits, and left out all the zeros and name calling and judgments, this thread would have likely gone much differently for you.

But I do realize that is impossible, because literally you do not even realize you're doing it!

Old 02-02-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Well, as a Christian, you don't judge others, nor do you push your faith onto others. It's what you practice, not what you allow others to practice. Take a look at this thread. OP is not a practicer of Christianity.
By your own definition, neither are you.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:38 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,173,364 times
Quote:
It's so heart-warming when the irreligious tell me about stuff Jesus would say.
She's actually a Christian, if I recall.

I was born Jewish (albeit within a secular family), but I'm curious about other religions as well.

The Christian church where I felt most spiritually connected was a church that emphasised that G-d cherishes love no matter what gender(s) the love is between. They also asked people to please not leave their brains at the door, and to remember that the Bible is meant to be intelligently interpreted and adapted to the present circumstances (as opposed to being taken literally).

Songs from other religions were sung in order to celebrate the positive common ground they all shared.

Would such a church qualify for your plan? (Though this question is purely hypothetical given that this church was in my other home country where we have universal healthcare, and hence no need for these tin roof shack "healthcare plans".)

12,017 posts, read 14,381,549 times
Christian Healthcare Ministry cost-sharing 'insurance' has limited coverage, church attendance required

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...rch-attendance

Sounds like a religiously affiliated ponzi scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I just can't get it though to you that if you could have discussed ONLY its merits, and left out all the zeros and name calling and judgments, this thread would have likely gone much differently for you.

But I do realize that is impossible, because literally you do not even realize you're doing it!
It wouldn't have gone smoother, because there are just so many leftists who hate Christianity and Christians. It's very much like people who say "If Trump would only not tweet" or "If only it were somebody other than Trump". Nonsense. The far left would be out to destroy ANY Republican president. Look what they did to George W. Bush every day of his administration.

8,343 posts, read 3,851,063 times
Quote:
By your own definition, neither are you.
I don't define Christianity. I am using the word of God. I'm not judging you. There's nothing wrong with not being Christian. God bless.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:39 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,381,549 times
Quote:
If you kill little babies in the womb, you aren't a practicing Christian.
You aren't either if you think you can judge someone for the death penalty. Nor if you're a racist or xenophobe

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-fr...king-us-crazy/

Old 02-02-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Christian Healthcare Ministry cost-sharing 'insurance' has limited coverage, church attendance required

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...rch-attendance

Sounds like a religiously affiliated ponzi scheme
When you will you people understand my co-op is NOT CHM. It is Samaritan Ministries.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:41 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,616,734 times
Quote:
It's so heart-warming when the irreligious tell me about stuff Jesus would say.
I said in an earlier post that I am a Christian. Did you miss it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies