Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:50 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,628 times

Advertisements

cant believe you all are still talking about this drama queen, he has played a lot of people for publicity and media coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 07:52 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,332 times
If Kap ever plays again in the NFL- it will be the happiest day ever for the media! They make sure he is in the headlines every day.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:53 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,683,726 times
When the Green Bay Packers do their annual report, as a publicly held entity, we'll possibly get some idea of the settlement amount. Until then, it's all conjecture and BS.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 AM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
How do you figure?
The players aren't kneeling. They could have during the Superbowl on the biggest stage in sports but the ball-less wonders know that they would be crucified for it by EVERYONE.

Kaepernick got his money, he signed a non-disclosure and that neuters him forever. And, he will never play any type of professional football again in this country at least, possibly the world

Trump won so big, #AGAIN.
Trump added gasoline to the fire with his comments, it went against any reasonable solution. Some owners backed the players so Kaepernick can thank Trump for his help. When a company settles a lawsuit there is usually a non-disclosure agreement, besides what is there to disclose, pretty obvious that the NFL conspired to keep him out of football.

I don't see how you come up with a win for Trump but then again you are one of his supporters and the threshold for defining a win is pretty low.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:58 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No one knows what the case was settled for. It's just made up garbage for the no nothings to say I told you so when they didn't and they don't know.

Maybe some day we will.

Yeah I only saw it referenced as speculation. We'll never actually know since it's confidential.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:02 PM

24,600 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
If the lawsuit settled for $60-$80 million, it sounds like Kaep had a damn good case. Good enough at least that the NFL would rather pay that money rather than take the risk of going to trial.
That figure is made up from thin air, only an uneducated estimate. It also doesn't include massive attorney fees and Uncle Sam's cut.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:17 PM

938 posts, read 446,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

I don't see how you come up with a win for Trump but then again you are one of his supporters and the threshold for defining a win is pretty low.
Winning the Presidency and getting to appoint conservative judges are pretty big wins. Stay angry and be jealous.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:23 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,595,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/15/1...lement-protest

Wow, $60 million? I thought it wasn't about the money? Will he be giving 90% to social activism?

This is why playing the race card and being a victim is such a big business in America, he earned more by kneeling than he ever did playing.
Kap should have sued that sob in the White House for stirring the pot with made up bs.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
No, no, NO! Kaepernick made his intentions very VERY clear that he would donate ALL the proceeds from the NFL lawsuit to charities he deemed racially acceptable. Let's see where the fraud donates the money too.
I hope he blows it on drugs, drink, women and cars. I want him to do it just to upset people like yourself. And I want him to put it in your face that he’s doing just that. I want you all to be super angry about it.

Now what!

Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 PM

720 posts, read 500,465 times
I'm just glad this is over. To be honest, I've never thought Kap start kneeling in good faith, and I didn't think he had a credible case of collusion. I think he was mad he lost his starting spot and decided he wanted to make a nuisance out of himself. I think someone from his camp put out the story about two years ago that he was willing to stand for the national anthem, but it still didn't result in a team signing him, so he lawyered up and filed suit.

My question is, other than that one interview, how much has Kaepernick actually said about police brutality? It seems like more people bring it up to defend him kneeling than he has to bring awareness to the issue. And it shouldn't be lost on anyone that this entire issue has been about him and his relationship with the NFL, not police brutality and what we can do about it.

My guess is, that was the point all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies