Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 05:31 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times

Advertisements

So I guess he was right. An NFL player doesn't lose their freedom of speech when they sign a contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 05:39 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I still think that Kaepernick ought to go to police academy and become a beat cop in a black majority poor neighborhood. He could then show police officers how the job should be done. Enough with the kneeling, it's time for him to take some real action to help fix the problem he thinks America has with blacks.
That would take personal responsibility, intestinal fortitude and integrity, none of which he possesses.

`

Old 02-15-2019, 05:40 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
He was a victim. He was penalized , ostracized, scapegoated, financially ruined..career murdered for not standing during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Not necessarily, many teams/coaches are not interested in having someone around that is going to be a distraction. There is lot of really good players that have been bounced from team to team or not picked up because of their baggage. Besides that his on field performance was less than desirable his last two years.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:45 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He was a crappy player. So he played the race card and won. No big mystery.
Deep pockets mentality jury awarded a large settlement, also no surprise and absolutely predictable.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Not necessarily, many teams/coaches are not interested in having someone around that is going to be a distraction. There is lot of really good players that have been bounced from team to team or not picked up because of their baggage. Besides that his on field performance was less than desirable his last two years.
The Browns just signed Kareem Hunt so the argument that a team doesn't want to sign distractions doesn't hold up so well.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:54 PM

9,885 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The Browns just signed Kareem Hunt so the argument that a team doesn't want to sign distractions doesn't hold up so well.
...and the Patriots gave Josh Gordon another chance after Cleveland gave up on him.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

He has great potential, as I said a lot of good players have been bounced from team to team. Kapernick is not a great player. If he had potential to be star player someone would of picked him up. His mediocrity and the baggage make him undesirable.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
...and the Patriots gave Josh Gordon another chance after Cleveland gave up on him.

You two are trying to compare two outstanding players to Kapernick.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:00 PM

662 posts, read 313,630 times
Kaepernick will likely donate a good portion of the money. I didn't have much of an opinion of him one way or the other before the kneeling protest, but the more I read about him, the more I like him. The more I listen to the flag nazi's whine about him and others who kneel, the more I realize how moronic and uninformed they are.
The guy has been quietly involved in community outreach projects and has stayed out of commenting about other players kneeling, our president attacking him, etc. and just kept on doing community outreach. The so called patriots whining about kneeling during the anthem could learn a thing or two from him about how to improve their community instead of acting like butthurt whining little boys and girls.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
He has great potential, as I said a lot of good players have been bounced from team to team. Kapernick is not a great player. If he had potential to be star player someone would of picked him up. His mediocrity and the baggage make him undesirable.
The argument isn't that he was a star. The argument is that he is at least as good if not better than others who have a job.

I don't understand the need to spin. Well, I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies