Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:25 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The disingenuous Trump supporters around here might pretend not to care and that this is a nothingburger....

But you BETTER BELIEVE Trump and his senior aides are concerned about this....

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1100857056674770945
"He got No Substantive Defense"...that's what the American people saw today.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
and yet you are the one here who is all, shouty and angry.
You got that wrong too! I’m totally happy, Trump is still your President, the economy is great and he is negotiating on your behalf with North Korea. It’s fantastic!!
Oh also, Hillary is put out to pasture like an old dairy cow.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The President is also a proven liar. They are all liars, just one liar outting another liar...all rats...from NewYork of all places, lol. That’s what you get for letting a rat into the White Housr, once you let one in, they bring their whole family.
And the biggest lie of all? "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

Old 02-27-2019, 10:46 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
LMAO!!!! Wishful thinking. Cohen is a convicted liar and he was useless to Mueller......good luck in wasting tax payers dollars from a body that can't do $hiat to Trump.
Amen

The whole show was like a Monty Python movie

How anyone in their right mind could believe this lying piece of whale crap on the bottom of the ocean, that's as low as it gets

And all o a day with negotiations that should have happened 65 years ago

I Hope that this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and ends up tossing these AHole libturds out of the Senate

Old 02-27-2019, 10:48 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
What a waste of time!

It's time for the democrats for push for impeachment. Do it. You will render the Nancy Pelosi and any agenda they may have as dead, so we will see if all they care about is impeachment which will be an exercise in futility. Do it.
Pelosi does not seem interested in pushing impeachment. She is a master strategist, so I think she must feel that the time is not right, or that the Dems would rather run against Trump. Personally, I'd like to see Trump impeached and tried in the Senate. But I am not sure the Senate would convict. It sure would drag out all his dirty laundry though.

Trump might have more to fear from the SDNY investigation than even the Mueller investigation.

The reason Cohen's testimony today might point toward possible tax fraud is if Trump took a deduction for the Cohen's reimbursement which was billed as retainers for services.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:51 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Looks like Cohen's testimony DID do enough to spark the House to dig further..

Even though SDNY and the State of New York are already investigating, it looks like the House will also open investigations into the Trump Org and subpoena Trump Org employees.

Higher ups in the Trump org probably don't have loyalty to Doanld the way Cohen, Manafort, and Flynn did. If facing time in federal prison for any crimes, I would think Trump org employees would flip on Trump in a heartbeat.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...89966538833922
Weiselberg has already been forced to take relief from SDNY to testify in support of Cohen’s statements about the payoffs to the two women
SDNY gave him immunity so he could not plead the 5th or really claim he didn’t remember—
He would have been in contempt if he had done that—so they have part of his testimony against Trump
And he is still working for Trump Co
But since he has been with Trump since Fred was runnng the show, he knows more than Cohen where the bodies are buried and likely helped to bury quite a few
He is the guy who has done Trump’s taxes for decades
So a repository of information about shell companies and lot of other questionable activities like the charity and insurance claims

Remember that when the House committee on Intelligence I believe was going to interview Trump’s long time secretary the committee chair at the time (a GOP member) refused to request/require she come to Washington DC
This was close to a holiday or maybe break—the woman was interviewed on a Saturday in NYC by aides of the GOP side of the committee—no Dems went
There were NO members who went to oversee or participate in the interview and the Dems were not allowed to submit questions that she would be asked...
And I don’t think she was put under oath—
Here is link from that timeframe—

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...mittee-n832056

Old 02-27-2019, 10:52 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,808 times
Sounds like it was a nothingburger.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Pelosi does not seem interested in pushing impeachment. She is a master strategist, so I think she must feel that the time is not right, or that the Dems would rather run against Trump. Personally, I'd like to see Trump impeached and tried in the Senate. But I am not sure the Senate would convict. It sure would drag out all his dirty laundry though.

Trump might have more to fear from the SDNY investigation than even the Mueller investigation.

The reason Cohen's testimony today might point toward possible tax fraud is if Trump took a deduction for the Cohen's reimbursement which was billed as retainers for services.
Tax fraud
Almost every one of those donations made to Trump’s Charity wasn’t a form of tax fraud
The people who made them who were friends of Trump’s were== like Cohen==part of the inner circle who understood the code being used
They knew what they were really doing was making a donation to DJT himself—not to some spurious “charity”
Trump used that money to pay for things that he could pass off as a “contribution” from the charity—and save him a buck...
Like the money likely used to pay for Don Jr. Boy Scouts dues with a check drawn on the Trump Charity

The friends of DJT made donations to the charity—
They got a tax write off
The charity got money to use to fund Trump’s whatever—portrait—some “deal” with maybe a politician or money-making opportunity for Trump

It was a big scam...

And not just Trump is in the cross hairs
His two sons and daughter and Weiselberg are on the board—
Ergo they can be implicated/charged for violations of the law as well

The people who donated the monies and took tax write offs are also vulnerable if investigated
That “Straw Buyer” Cohen referred to—knew he was committing a crime since he knew he wasn’t really buying that portrait for himself
That is colluding in a fraud
And since the money was pretty large—it was a big fraud...
Think he took the tax write off???
Bet he did...

Anything Trump can turn his hand to and make a profit he will
It is the Roy Cohn mantra—and the Fred Trump way
Everyone saw the 60min story about Trump’s father creating the company he put in his children’s names and filtered money through —
Statute of limitations has expired on it
So Trump’s sister the Federal Judge likely won’t catch blowback
But she si the one who opened that can of worms with her first financial report when she was up for her appointment—
One reason probably they all now lie and omit on their financial statements...

Old 02-27-2019, 11:04 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hello.

There wasn't a "lesser of two evils" to pick from.
Within the last couple of days I chastised someone for not doing a write in or voting '3rd party (as I didn't vote for '1 of the 2 majors').

However, that doesn't change the fact that I knew there was virtually zero chance of anyone other than Trump or Hillary winning...hence the 'we're doomed'.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
LLLLLMMMMMAAAAAOOOOO!!!!!

How embarrassing for Gaetz, what an idiot.

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...43221390225408
“Let’s leave the Cohen family alone”???
Like WE tweeted anything
He is trying to mitigate HIS guilt by implicating all of those reading his tweet’

Just like his idol DJT

I think someone told Gaetz that part of Cohen’s real family has strong ties to Russian mafia
People way more scary than Donald Trump’s base...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies