Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 06:02 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

(I put the following is an unrelated thread, but it's really worthy if its own thread).....

The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you the following:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Here's an article showing the tie between the hard left and Nazism:

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-24-2019 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 02-25-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I put the following is an unrelated thread, but it's really worthy if its own thread).....

The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you the following:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel
Here's an analogy:

You're babysitting for five kids, three white and two black. All five go careening into your favorite vase, with one of the white kids smashing into it first. You grab the black kids, and start berating them for being so careless. When they ask why you aren't yelling at the whites, you tell them....." I'm focused on YOU. You were careless!" (And then, you organize a movement to warn people that black kids have no respect for private possessions and they break things - and action should be taken to teach them a lesson.)

Why would you single out the black kids and never say a word about the whites?

Old 02-25-2019, 07:00 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Again, not liking the Likud party, and the way they treat the Palestinians worse than we have treated the Native Americans here, is not Anti-semitic

Old 02-25-2019, 07:03 AM

88,970 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:

Exactly. Sad, but all too true.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Sad, but all too true.
Thank you. And the fact that the liberals on this thread keep circling back to.....but Israel!....is demonstrating the point.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:09 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
(

If the US was giving billions of dollars in military aid to Myanmar, you would probably hear more protests about the treatment of Muslims in that country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/14/w...itary-aid.html

I don't know your point about Syria ot the Kurds - these are mostly muslims fighting muslims, plus we have limited influence in that country.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-24-2019 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 02-25-2019, 07:10 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:

The denigrate because they believe it makes them appear more informed and intellectual superior to those of us who have the more traditional attitude toward American-Israeli relations.
And they denigrate while enjoying all the advantages of military technology and medical technology that Israel provides to the world.
The Left makes no sense at all.
Netanyahu makes sense. Dick Cheney makes sense. The Left doesn't.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:11 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The denigrate because they believe it makes them appear more informed and intellectual superior to those of us who have the more tradition attitude toward American-Israeli relations.
And they denigrate while enjoying all the advantages of military technology and medical technology that Israel provides to the world.
The Left makes no sense at all.
Netanyahu makes sense. Dick Cheney makes sense. The Left doesn't.
Netanyahu is a tyrant

Old 02-25-2019, 07:16 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Again, not liking the Likud party, and the way they treat the Palestinians worse than we have treated the Native Americans here, is not Anti-semitic
Huh? Is it an irony?
Palestinians were about a million, now they are 5 millions.
Native Americans were about 50 millions now they are 5 millions.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My position holds true for Jews, Muslims, Christians, Agnostics, whatever label you want to come up with.

I've condemned Bush, Cheney, Obama, Hillary, McCain, Trump and a long list of others for the same thing. Just like those mentioned (and many not mentioned) Israel needs to quit with the constant war mongering.
And what about other foreign countries' horrible mistreatment of Muslims? Or, for that matter, Arab countries' horrible mistreatment of Jews? (They stole the property of and expelled close to 1 million Jews in the 20th century.) Seems like the only two countries you criticize are America and Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies