Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 11:10 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
My assumption is you are not a Jew, or a self-hating one at best.

I assure you from the viewpoint of a Jew, he’s one of the most dangerous anti-Jewish people alive today. For peet’s sake, he gave $150 billion to Iran to fund worldwide terrorism for the next decade (most of which has gone and will go to Hamas and Hezzbollah in order to kill Jews).

And again, as a non Jew, I doubt you can see how he legitimized hatred of Jews with his abstention on the final UN vote of his presidency, thereby declaring Jerusalem an occupied city. I used to think Jimmy Carter and Roger Waters (both liberals) were the worlds biggest anti semites, but their hateful and damaging actions pale in comparison to Obama.
It looks like the settlement issue and Israeli actions are not a matter of policy for you but run much deeper. That's fine. But just SAY then that anyone who opposes the settlements and supports a two state solution is anti-semitic and be done with it.

Quote:
The United Nations security council has adopted a landmark resolution demanding a halt to all Israeli settlement in the occupied territories after Barack Obama’s administration refused to veto the resolution.

A White House official said Obama had taken the decision to abstain in the absence of any meaningful peace process.

Israeli official accuses Barack Obama of 'shameful move at UN.' Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas’s office said the vote was “a big blow” to Israeli policy and a show of “strong support for the two-state solution”.

The resolution says Israel’s settlements on Palestinian territory occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem, have “no legal validity” and demands a halt to “all Israeli settlement activities,” saying this “is essential for salvaging the two-state solution”.

The resolution reiterated that Israeli settlement was a “flagrant violation” of international law.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...li-settlements

Note the use of the word POLICY in the news article. Again, that Americans are only allowed to oppose the Israeli's policies that meet some inner standard appears to be the dividing point for whether or not one is labeled anti-semitic.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Another day and I didn't get anyone to try and explain whether Gal Gadot is antisemitic because of her condemnation of Netanyahu.

As a reminder.

https://etcanada.com/news/429420/gal...tate-comments/

Old 03-13-2019, 11:15 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Example please.
The development of Germany from 1920 to 1940 - Either its an economic miracle /case study for others, or it was collusion with the jionist financiers.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:02 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
It looks like the settlement issue and Israeli actions are not a matter of policy for you but run much deeper. That's fine. But just SAY then that anyone who opposes the settlements and supports a two state solution is anti-semitic and be done with it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...li-settlements

Note the use of the word POLICY in the news article. Again, that Americans are only allowed to oppose the Israeli's policies that meet some inner standard appears to be the dividing point for whether or not one is labeled anti-semitic.
You're a very intelligent woman, but you're still not getting it.

People are complaining that if one says that the current Israeli government's approach to settlements is wrong or if they are in a favor of a two-state solution, he or she is falsely claimed to be anti-Semitic. Well, I personally think the settlement policy is too aggressive and of course I support a two-state solution, as do the majority of American Jews. I certainly don't think anyone here thinks *I* am anti-Semitic!

What reveals anti-Semitism is when:

1) Criticism of specific Israeli policies move beyond to blatant condemnation of Israel as a whole, or
2) Criticism of Israel is launched more frequently and viciously than that against countries guilty of worse (or even the same),
3) Criticism of Israel runs over to negative stereotypes of Jews, such as Omar's comments about Jews buying off Congress with the "Benjamin's" and her overt implication that Jews have too much power in America, or
4) Attempts are made to hide the correlation between anti-Israel attitudes and Jew-hate (as is often the case) by squashing the discussion that broad, hateful, and out-of-balance condemnation about Israel is indeed rooted in anti-Semitism quite frequently

In other words, many progressives are insisting that not only is criticism of broad and extreme condemnation of Israel NOT anti-Semitic, but that is NEVER is anti-Semitic. And that, my friends, is hogwash. All it takes is to read some posts and watch how many posters almost seamlessly transition from complaining about Israel's commission of "genocide" (someone needs to look up the definition!) to nasty stereotypical characterizations of Jews and money, or conspiracy theories, or that they think they're superior, or that they are disloyal to American, or worse. I can guarantee you that the Jew haters are ALSO piling onto the Israel hate as a way to further drive antisemitism.

And the far-left radicals in Congress are paving the way.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:17 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

Nonsense, NPR never "debunked" anything. Nobody proved Bernie Sanders is or is not a dual national.

You can trust some liberal media outlet if you like, but most people realize they have an agenda against America. Who is to say they aren't just enabling something and sweeping it under the rug as part of their radical agenda?
I did read the article and so he denied it. So what? He wasn't under oath when he said it, he could have been lying, you don't know if he was or was not...politicians don't always tell the truth (Ha!).

I'm calling out people who have an escape hatch from this country, because that's not right and you know it. They need to be just as committed to the success of this nation and at risk of failure as any American, and that means not being able to skate off into the sunset if it doesn't work out.

Divided loyalties means having a nationality besides the one you should be loyal to.

You put these scummy spies and liars in the intelligence services on a real pedestal and you shouldn't...many are bad people: They are mercenaries, many of them foreign, many of them trained killers, paid liars, agents of chaos and disinformation, common criminals (violations of human rights, international laws, etc abound in these agencies), and this is who you believe? You believe Clapper, who got up on live TV and lied to Congress and the American people about surveillance, blatantly without even a blink, the man is a sociopath. He didn't want to admit they have been violating the Constitution eight ways to Sunday for decades. You also bought all the rhetoric he was bloviating, and that our sycophantic media ran with, and that the rabid left kept parroting back, the lie about "16 intelligence agencies agree"...which was total BS from the start. Political hit job on Donald Trump and to date not a shred of evidence has ever been produced that proves any Russian, let alone an entire organization of them, committed any crimes at all. An entire indictment without one piece of actual evidence, nothing but allegations.

But they have been lying and spying on us, and everyone knows it now. Thanks to some principled leakers it finally got the public visibility it should have had 30 years ago when the program was in its infancy.
So what you're saying is that Jews are unfit for congress because they might be dual nationals even though they say they're not.

In other words, you are discriminating against Jews because of their religion.

Isn't that the very face of Antisemitism?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:25 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You're a very intelligent woman, but you're still not getting it.

People are complaining that if one says that the current Israeli government's approach to settlements is wrong or if they are in a favor of a two-state solution, he or she is falsely claimed to be anti-Semitic. Well, I personally think the settlement policy is too aggressive and of course I support a two-state solution, as do the majority of American Jews. I certainly don't think anyone here thinks *I* am anti-Semitic!

What reveals anti-Semitism is when:

1) Criticism of specific Israeli policies move beyond to blatant condemnation of Israel as a whole, or
2) Criticism of Israel is launched more frequently and viciously than that against countries guilty of worse (or even the same),
3) Criticism of Israel runs over to negative stereotypes of Jews, such as Omar's comments about Jews buying off Congress with the "Benjamin's" and her overt implication that Jews have too much power in America, or
4) Attempts are made to hide the correlation between anti-Israel attitudes and Jew-hate (as is often the case) by squashing the discussion that broad, hateful, and out-of-balance condemnation about Israel is indeed rooted in anti-Semitism quite frequently

In other words, many progressives are insisting that not only is criticism of broad and extreme condemnation of Israel NOT anti-Semitic, but that is NEVER is anti-Semitic. And that, my friends, is hogwash. All it takes is to read some posts and watch how many posters almost seamlessly transition from complaining about Israel's commission of "genocide" (someone needs to look up the definition!) to nasty stereotypical characterizations of Jews and money, or conspiracy theories, or that they think they're superior, or that they are disloyal to American, or worse. I can guarantee you that the Jew haters are ALSO piling onto the Israel hate as a way to further drive antisemitism.

And the far-left radicals in Congress are paving the way.
I suspect you are plenty intelligent too, but with all due respect you're also still "not getting it."

All these additional conditions you attach to "what reveals anti-Semitism" is arguably just another way to deflect focus from the simple question of what is right or wrong, legitimate criticism, with regard to Zionism, Israeli policy and/or American Israeli policy.

Does not matter AT ALL where else wrongs are being committed.

Does not matter AT ALL how much more or less those wrongs are excused or condemned.

Does not excuse wrong doing AT ALL to focus attention elsewhere.

It's really that simple and all too many efforts to distract from these simple matters of fact with claims of anti-semiticism, pointing elsewhere and all the rest just tends to subvert the focus on what matters to some other argument entirely.

Might as well excuse your boy for hitting a girl because some other boy somehow got away with it. Please. Let's not waste time arguing about that other boy!

Old 03-13-2019, 12:29 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Another day and I didn't get anyone to try and explain whether Gal Gadot is antisemitic because of her condemnation of Netanyahu.

As a reminder.

https://etcanada.com/news/429420/gal...tate-comments/
Of course Gadot isn't being antisemitic, but you can bet she's now on many people's list of antisemites!

Sure is awfully beautiful too I might add...

Old 03-13-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

I'm calling out people who have an escape hatch from this country, because that's not right and you know it.

You keep ignoring that Jews DO need an escape hatch from this or any other country, and that's why Israel was founded. After 2,000 years of horrific persecution, culminating with an attempt to kill them off entirely, Jews needed a refuge. And by the rise in antisemitism, and the propagation of anti-Semitic tropes, and a Congress refusing to censure an anti-Semite in its midst (to the contrary, honoring her with a key position on the Foreign Affairs Committee), Jews still need it.

And remember, this country didn't want the Holocaust survivors, either. FDR turned around the 900 passengers of the St. Louis to return to their deaths, and he refused to increase the immigration allotment (especially needed from Poland) because Americans didn't want the Jews en masse here. Israel was established because they needed a place to go after their property was stolen and the families murdered, and it made sense to return them to the home they occupied thousands of years ago. (Lest I need to remind you, Jews were in Israel long before Muslims even existed.)

Old 03-13-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I suspect you are plenty intelligent too, but with all due respect you're also still "not getting it."

All these additional conditions you attach to "what reveals anti-Semitism" is arguably just another way to deflect focus from the simple question of what is right or wrong, legitimate criticism, with regard to Zionism, Israeli policy and/or American Israeli policy.

Does not matter AT ALL where else wrongs are being committed.

Does not matter AT ALL how much more or less those wrongs are excused or condemned.

Does not excuse wrong doing AT ALL to focus attention elsewhere.

It's really that simple and all too many efforts to distract from these simple matters of fact with claims of anti-semiticism, pointing elsewhere and all the rest just tends to subvert the focus on what matters to some other argument entirely.

Might as well excuse your boy for hitting a girl because some other boy somehow got away with it. Please. Let's not waste time arguing about that other boy!
And that right there shows the antisemitism. Why are you condemning only one boy when another boy does the same thing? And when the boy asks "why are you condemning only ME?," the answer of "don't worry about the other boy" is not an answer. All it does is reveal the double standard.

What if there were a class of a dozen white kids and one black kid, and they all did the same "wrong." (That's debatable right there....what some of these other countries are doing is much worse.) But still, month after month, year after year, you berate the black kid and give a little slap on the wrist, if that, to the whites. When the black kid suggests that your hostility is directed primarily toward him because of his color, your answer is "forget about the whites. I am only criticizing YOU."

The question still remains: Why? Why criticize only the black kid when the whites did the same, or worse?

The only sensible answer is: Because you are motivated by negativism toward the black kid. There's no other explanation.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Of course Gadot isn't being antisemitic, but you can bet she's now on many people's list of antisemites!

Sure is awfully beautiful too I might add...
Right, you can condemn policies and actions and not be antisemitic. What Netanyahu is doing is no different than what some complain about also. I will most certainly condemn that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies