Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:00 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
We are a very flawed species.
Assuming the claim is true you have to remember there are over 300,000,000 people in the US some will always be doing things like attacking a person because of a hat they don't like or attacking someone because of their race or attacking someone because they are gay, etc, etc.
I would focus on the overwhelming majority of people who are doing good things. These are people who are of all political persuasions, races, intelligence levels, financial levels, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
How can something saying Make America Great Again represent hate and deep divide? I’m not seeing it.

Because it is a load of crap. It implies that America is in the toilet, and that is an insult to every American. America has ALWAYS been great, and still is, even in spite of the current turmoil and chaos emanating from the WH. If we were not great, people from all over the world would not be breaking down our doors to come in and be part of us.

The only thing that MAGA slogan did was feed the anger of a certain segment of our country who were, for some unknown reason, unhappy and mad. Trump, being the great con artist he is, read that group of people perfectly, and crafted that line to give them some hope and a voice. But it is pure BS, he has done nothing to fulfill those promises, and never will.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
https://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...ps/2993220002/

Why would anyone do this? He’s 81 years old, for crying out loud. Now granted the assailant may not have known his age but I’m sure you could look at him and tell he’s old.

You can simply not agree with someone without assaulting them.

Throughout its history, the left has resorted to violence and intimidation to advance its cause. Nothing could be more natural for them than assaulting some 80 year old. After all, he was probably a white male and thus "had it coming to him".

Liberalism= Fascism

Old 02-27-2019, 07:27 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Because it is a load of crap. It implies that America is in the toilet, and that is an insult to every American. America has ALWAYS been great, and still is, even in spite of the current turmoil and chaos emanating from the WH. If we were not great, people from all over the world would not be breaking down our doors to come in and be part of us.

The only thing that MAGA slogan did was feed the anger of a certain segment of our country who were, for some unknown reason, unhappy and mad. Trump, being the great con artist he is, read that group of people perfectly, and crafted that line to give them some hope and a voice. But it is pure BS, he has done nothing to fulfill those promises, and never will.
So the people using force against other people are happy?

Me thinks you have it bass ackwards buddy.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:45 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So the people using force against other people are happy?

Me thinks you have it bass ackwards buddy.
Right?

I read that, and thought, “Wait. The VICTIMS of the attacks are the angry ones?”

Old 02-27-2019, 07:54 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
The media (CNN/MSNBC/WaPo/NYTimes) have been talking endlessly on how Trump's rhetoric is inflaming Americans to be more racist and leading to more hate crimes but they haven't been introspective about how their own comments and coverage are leading dumber Americans to assault Trump supporters for the hat.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:54 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

wow. sounds like your close to becoming a MAGA hat attacker also...………..

Old 02-27-2019, 08:12 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Now the crazy liberals are beating up old men?
Mad Max gives speeches telling them to do it. The Leftist Media celebrates these attacks & calls anyone who supports the President a Nazi. The goal is to intimidate those supporters.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:18 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntour View Post
I know a restaurant owner that adds special ingredients to the food they serve to MAGA hat wearers. Anyone wearing those hats in public is begging for a confrontation.
And have you turned them into the local health department? If not, then you show the amount of character you have and are just as vile for going along with it......

Old 02-27-2019, 09:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntour View Post
I know a restaurant owner that adds special ingredients to the food they serve to MAGA hat wearers. Anyone wearing those hats in public is begging for a confrontation.
That really shows how twisted the left has become. I find it amusing that leftists on this site continually deny that dems have become violent, yet there are daily examples to the contrary and even their national leaders use rhetoric to incite violence.

Only someone with a screw loose would contaminate someone's food. The left, of course, sees nothing wrong with this at all.

I never wear a hat with a political statement (I never wear a hat at all, unless on the golf course or hiking, where it simply says "Titleist"). I never have bumper stickers on any vehicle as well. Lefties are so insane today that they would have no problem vandalizing a car with any inference of conservative leaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies