Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Democratic Party has the best interest of the United States?
Yes 91 33.96%
No 178 66.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 06:59 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,740,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Democrats have shown no hesitation to attack the President when he is "at home". How would it have been any different if the Cohen hearing was scheduled when Trump was in US? What impact did the Cohen hearing have on the meeting with Kim?
May I ask what the republicans did for the Eight years Obama was president????

Old 03-01-2019, 07:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,778,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
May I ask what the republicans did for the Eight years Obama was president????
Obama was treated with kid gloves compared to the hysteria from the left these past couple years.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:06 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,746,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Amnesty for illegals = Open Borders
Translation: "Herp derp derpa derp, I heard a phrase on Fox News that now I shall repeat. Herp a derpa DUURRRR"

Old 03-01-2019, 10:40 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,166,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
It is all common news that the historical second meeting of President Donald Trump with North Korea's Kim Jung-un
was undermined by the televised interrogation of an already convicted and sentenced Micheal Cohen at the same exact time.

It is of my opinion that this was a purposefully coordinated attempt by the Democratic Party to attack the President
while not at home. " While the cat's away the mice will play". In doing so, the Democratic Party has proved their priorities
are not in the best interest of the United States of America but the Democratic Party itself.

What are your thoughts.
Curious minds would like to know.
The dates were already set and in the news about Cohen’s testimony. Trump chose to be out of the country during that time.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:54 PM

388 posts, read 202,425 times
no, because joe biden wrote the patriot act, obama renewed it, and i think the united states constitution was a lot better. pelosi is responsible for torture and lies to america. this is just for starters, but this is stuff that goes back to the definition of the country itself. theyre destroying it and making a mockery of it.

i am aware that a republican put the act into effect. only one senator, a democrat by the name of russ feingold, dissented. he may call himself a democrat, but i think that makes him independent. the fact that democrats have not fixed this, and indeed authored it, makes them a fundamentally worthless political party with a net value of not zero, but less.

im not sure i feel better about the republican party, but i do favour the right these days (i do not vote for either of the major parties.) the left is obsessed with minutiae. i dont support the wall, but heck, hillary herself voted for it as senator in 2006. what makes the left special? nothing, at most their mistakes. the right can do better for political parties-- for the left, anything would be better.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:02 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,166,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
no, because joe biden wrote the patriot act, obama renewed it, and i think the united states constitution was a lot better. pelosi is responsible for torture and lies to america. this is just for starters, but this is stuff that goes back to the definition of the country itself. theyre destroying it and making a mockery of it.

i am aware that a republican put the act into effect. only one senator, a democrat by the name of russ feingold, dissented. he may call himself a democrat, but i think that makes him independent. the fact that democrats have not fixed this, and indeed authored it, makes them a fundamentally worthless political party with a net value of not zero, but less.

im not sure i feel better about the republican party, but i do favour the right these days (i do not vote for either of the major parties.) the left is obsessed with minutiae. i dont support the wall, but heck, hillary herself voted for it as senator in 2006. what makes the left special? nothing, at most their mistakes. the right can do better for political parties-- for the left, anything would be better.
Biden did not write the patriot act. This was under Bush

Old 03-01-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Biden did not write the patriot act. This was under Bush
biden wrote the patriot act in 1995. it was renamed and sponsored after an attack on the same buildings, which were attacked years earlier leading biden to write it as a response during clintons administration.

when the patriot act was sponsored or passed, biden claimed credit for it as his own bill. i have lived through the entire clinton administration, as well as the full administration of both bush jr. and bush sr. i recall both attacks, as reported in the news.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,156,789 times
Democrats are enemies of the United States in a real sense, they seek to undermine the foundations of the constitution on one side and morality on the other.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:21 PM

44,689 posts, read 61,837,844 times
It's always been known that thr Democrats are for the poor, the working class, the middle class.
The Repulsivegans for the high faulting, the wealthy.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
It's always been known that thr Democrats are for the poor, the working class, the middle class.
they have held onto that marketing line, even as they abandoned the poor and working class beginning nearly half a century ago, in the 1970s.

if halliburton changed their marketing to match the image of greenpeace, that would be what you essentially have with the democratic party. the two major parties are the major parties, because they have sold out to the lobbyists for the largest corporations. and there are democrats (including one person who ran for president as a democrat in 2016) who can explain this.

the democrats dont care about anybody you know personally.

i dont think the republican party does either, but i cant relate to democrats anymore. they dont really stand for anything, including anything they claim to stand for. i like to hang out with republicans and laugh at the left. this doesnt include the left that are working hard in parties that still do what they say, and arent leaning on the mainstream lefts divisive tactics. but there arent enough of those, and the mainstream left doesnt respect them, yet they arent worthy to shine their shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies