Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 09:55 AM

388 posts, read 200,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I quick and easy way to gain promotion and notoriety, as well as an income stream, as a black person is to come out against mainstream black thought....
oh boy, its time again to play "democracy, or marxism?"

the democratic party is presumably, named after democracy.

democracy: people have the freedom to exchange ideas, and vote according to their own ideals.

marxism: you have to agree with the main party or youre an enemy.

Quote:
and the "white right" will make a way for you....and make a stage for you.
the right has no rules that you have to be white, but the left cant tell the difference between the right and the alt-right, so if you "allow" a black person to speak, it has to be exploitation.

i mean this is progress, it used to be that real white supremacists didnt give a platform to blacks to speak, but now that everyone on the right is in the alt-right, obviously white supremacists have made new exceptions (and they say affirmative action doesnt work.)

Quote:
If you promote the system (of WS)....the system will promote you. Case in point CPAC:
i would say that equating a black person having values that differ from the democratic party platform with white supremacy is EXTREMELY racist and condescending, but what do i know?

it does however, dovetail nicely with the marxist idea that "you either agree with us, or youre the enemy."

you either agree with the black mainstream, or youre a white supremacist. yeah, sure.

the left wont let blacks have their own opinion. if they dont agree with a predominantly white party, its not that blacks like candace owens have their OWN opinion-- its that she is now a "white supremacist."

behold the left, everybody.

Quote:
The competition to have your voice and opinion put on a platform, as a black liberal, is tough. You have to have something really special to rise as a liberal mainstream black voice.
so, democrats make it hard not to get drowned out as a black democrat, republicans make it easy-- but democrats are still the better party here.

i mean, if youre speaking for the democratic party-- youre speaking FOR the party. youre ignoring your own voice and speaking for the mainstream. if your values are not mainstream, you have two choices: agree with democrats or be labeled a white supremacist.

Quote:
However, you need little or nothing to rise as a black conservative voice.
these guys are "white supremacists," and yet it takes "little or nothing" to rise as a black person in a group of white supremacists.

if george carlin were alive today, he would crap his pants.

Quote:
They are hustling white conservatives by speaking against mainstream black thought.....
ok, the literal intepretation here is that all black people can agree, or some are white supremacists. those are the only options the op gives ms. owens. condescending? yes. racist? incredibly. surprising?

no.

Quote:
and white conservatives reward them for it.
white supremacists reward black people for helping them represent the right.

weve come a very long way! at this rate there will be a black republican president.

Quote:
If not for their thoughts against the black mainstream.....white conservatives would find little value or worth in these people.....and these people would get little attention.
so if you are any race, and you go against the mainstream opinion, democrats will have no use for you and call you a racist against your own race.

if you are black, and you go against the mainstream opinion, so-called white supremacists will make it very easy for you to be heard.

democrats wont even do that for black people who agree with them-- its very difficult, according to the op.

HERES WHAT I THINK OF THIS:

1. white male comedians can talk about problems that other people have, just not blacks or women. thats nothing new, weve figured that out a dozen million times.

2. for black comedians, we are told, it is ok. chris rock can make fun of black people. he doesnt have to be nice about it. ok, we get this. chris rock-- NOT a white supremacist (well understood.)

3. but even for black comedians, there are rules. kevin hart? no oscar. yes, you apologised. but you didnt apologise again. not ok.

4. but candace owens isnt a comedian, shes a non-democrat.

and black non-democrats who agree with the right can be accused of being white supremacists.

HER choices, as a black, female, non-comedian are: agree with the democratic party, or agree with the democratic party.

maybe time to change the name from the democratic party to the marxist party.

if a black woman agrees with the republican party, shes a white supremacist who doesnt get credit for thinking and speaking for herself. somehow the left is ok with that.

if you agree with a black woman who supports the republican party, thats no good, because that makes you a white supremacist.

the only way to fight racism is to agree with the left. the only way to think for yourself as a black woman, is to agree with the left.

i dunno, this sounds very marxist to me. not a little bit like marxist thinking. more like EXTREMELY marxist thinking.

and if candace owens doesnt feel represented by one party, she should feel free to move to a party that makes it easy for her to have a voice.

question for the op: did women really get the right to vote? or only the right to vote for the democratic party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 09:55 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Or how about this. Democrats aren't that good, but most Republicans haven't shown Blacks that they are any better. Basically, it's a matter of:

1) Vote for the party who kind of puts you last but will at least act like they understand your problems.
2) Vote for the party who sees no reason to deal with you and will even talk DOWN on you at times.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
I quick and easy way to gain promotion and notoriety, as well as an income stream, as a black person is to come out against mainstream black thought....and the "white right" will make a way for you....and make a stage for you.

If you promote the system (of WS)....the system will promote you. Case in point CPAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=iFjQQjSQQrA

The competition to have your voice and opinion put on a platform, as a black liberal, is tough. You have to have something really special to rise as a liberal mainstream black voice. However, you need little or nothing to rise as a black conservative voice. They are hustling white conservatives by speaking against mainstream black thought.....and white conservatives reward them for it. If not for their thoughts against the black mainstream.....white conservatives would find little value or worth in these people.....and these people would get little attention.
It's not about mainstream black thought, that's just a racist term racists use. It's about not being a ward of the state. Raise your kids and don't rely on government handouts that the left used to buy the poor peoples vote.

Another despicable comment on a black conservative being portrayed as an uncle tom. The left is full of bigoted lowlifes.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:59 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Yep....because unlike whites our minds are WEAK and easily succumb to such temptations, thus explaining why blacks vote democrat in higher percentages than whites.
Actually, some people will tell themselves that. Some people will tell themselves that because they refuse to believe that maybe there is a good reason so few Blacks vote Republican these days, and it has nothing to do with being weak-minded.

Now, it is my opinion that both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party put the Black-American population's concerns last. I know that the LGBT population, non-Black minorities, White liberals, immigrants, and women are going to have their concerns addressed first, and they'll get something from it. I know with the Republican Party, the needs of those among the White conservative population, religious conservatives, they will be addressed first. In the past the Republican Party did try to reach out to immigrant populations. When it comes to the Black population, Democrats will at least try to be empathetic to issues the Black American population are dealing with. I don't see most Republicans even trying to seem empathetic to what issues Black Americans deal with. It ends up coming down to: The Party that acts like they want you vs the party that lets you know they don't care.

Mia Love, who is a Black Republican, mentions this.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.969ed961f172

Quote:
When the new Congress meets in January, it will include a record number of black, Latino, female and LGBTQ members. But that expansion of diversity came largely within the Democratic Party. Among Republicans, the opposite is true: the number of female, black and/or Latino Republican members will be smaller in the 116th Congress (2019-2021) than it was in the 115th Congress (2017-2019).

Perhaps most notably, only one African American Republican — Rep. Will Hurd of Texas — will be seated in the new House. In her Nov. 26 concession speech, Mia Love, the only black female Republican ever to serve in Congress, declared sharply that her loss will hurt her party’s ability to reach out to minority communities:

Because Republicans never take minority communities into their home and into their hearts, they stay with Democrats and bureaucrats in Washington, because they do take them home, or at least make them feel like they have a home.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:01 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
No. I am not assuming that all black people think alike. I am black and was raised in all black communities. Much of black thought on many issues is actually....conservative. That, however, does not translate into being politically conservative or voting republican.

My point is that one way people are different is that some people like to be or play the devils advocate as a way to get attention. It's kind of like verbal trolling. There is a market out there for blacks to speak out against mainstream blacks and white conservatives are the buyers creating that market demand. A black person may slightly lean conservative and quickly realize that they can gain favor and promotion by speaking against mainstream black thought, which then encourages them to double down on such thought.
So becoming a conservative is going against mainstream black thought. Yet you are not assuming that all black people think alike. Interesting.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Known this all my life as do many African American's in the USA. All I have to do is repeat the lines that come directly from Talk radio and BOOM, in there. Its personality not what you say, no substance is needed. What do you think Diamond and Silk was about? Not a personal attack just being honest about the situation. Did they ever bring new ideas or say something prolific? NO! They just repeated what Glenn Beck and Limbaugh said just earlier that day. Again a con on Republican supporters (Right-Wing Media knew the game) and easy money for them.

The worst part about it, it makes Trump voters think something is wrong with the Black community and not their ideas. They conflate the praise from Diamond and Silk to mean, "I am right and those people are idoits" so we never can work anything out or be persuaded by a argument. It also means you don't have to explain your ideas to me because I am too stupid to get it. Horrible way to run a country.

There are REAL black republicans out there and they act more like the general black population, guys like Tim Scott and Colin Powel. Understated, not brash, not flashy, not spewing hate, a little swagger but not in your face, just supporting their ideas and agenda. When I see more of these guys, then I will know Republicans are serious about ideas and thoughts from the Black community.

Looks like we are still in Diamond and Silk times.
Black community is somehow hard to figure out? They are aliens or misunderstood children? lol They have the exact same problems other communities have and they same needs. Safer neighborhoods, a decent paying job, good education. As if that is something new.

So as long as the ideas come from blacks, even though they are the same ideas, then and only then will you listen? lol Yea that's not a racist comment.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:07 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
The collectivism is strong in this thread.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:18 AM

388 posts, read 200,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The collectivism is strong in this thread.
it would be nice if it were possible for people to work together, without having to all think alike.

but if it were they would still call it white supremacy, even if it gave more opportunities to blacks than the alternative.

what i dont like about republicans: lots of things, many of which have improved.

what i love about republicans: anybody (relatively speaking) can think and say what they want, and represent their own opinion. theyre not homogeneous. their homogeneous opponents have to make them into something homogeneous so they can make their overly broad statements fit. did people like lincoln? many didnt. did he get to say what he wanted anyway? sure, as a republican. would lincoln have gotten anything done as a democrat? no, he would have had to agree with the money.

weve come so far.

obama: black president proud to come from the same state as a republican who freed slaves.

owens: black pundit shamed and condescended to for agreeing with the same party as the leader obama was proud to share a geographical heritage with.

i guess her timing is a little off. well, who really cares what democrats think about republicans, anyway? the more people point out that not everyone agrees with them, they more they will lash out against everyone, including the people they claim (monopolistically) to represent.

the democrats seem to think they own her. maybe thats yet another amendment theyre not aware of.

1st, 2nd, 14th-- theyll never call it the "bill of lefts", will they?

Old 03-05-2019, 10:38 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In short, what Malcolm X was saying back then was that Blacks had no allies.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:39 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
So it seems....higher rates of addiction, violence, pregnancy out of wedlock, dropouts etc..

Not so much 70 years ago, but when you convince generation after generation that it's not their fault then no one looks inward as to the problem. But don't worry, the left is getting everyone else to catch up....their propaganda has been so successful in the black community they are expanding it to everyone! Hence the Snowflake generation....and it's working even faster than it did for blacks.

Soon everyone will only look to government to solve all their woes.

Hmmm. I just don't see that in the Millennials today, I do think the attention a single person can get social media skews the perception of the number of actual snowflakes out there. I expect snowflakes on college campuses and high school as many have little experience in a "real world" setting. Unfortunately that is also the group that use social media the most, so its prevalent in those spaces. I agree that is does have an effect, I see so many Snowflake post on this forum from Right wing posters so it is rubbing off.

Here is why I am not worried. Everyday my Generation Z teens and their friends (only generation to grow up with social media) remind me that nothing on social media is real. They use social media all day and have become more accustom to picking up on BS post because they are the ones making stupid GIFs and other stupid stuff at school. It's the dinosaurs (according to advertisers, over 35, hurts dosen't it ) that take everything we see as truth or don't read the whole post/article, just take the opinion writer's view of it. My kids will literally research what you are telling them in real time and call out BS statements, and they actually understand the difference between opinion and fact, again something we are failing at. Their generation has learned from the 2016 election, just hope the lesson sticks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies