Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 11:41 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No disrespect to brother Malcolm, but why should I have to base my thoughts and reasoning on what he said? I have my own brain. He was a man just like I am a man. I think for myself. Only one who is used to parroting the rhetoric and reasoning of others would think others should or are doing the same.

He was a great man and freedom fighter.....but his mind was no more superior than mine.....so I will use my mind if that is okay with you.
I guess that works for you since you are liberal. Conservatives who are black, or apparently anyone who disagrees with you... it apparently is not OK to use their minds.

That is quintessential liberalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well thanks for admitting you are doing what I bolded in your above post, and exactly what you accuse Owens of doing.

Yeah...that is a possibility too. I am being promoted on this forum for my views. I can't wait to take that to the bank and cash in on it.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess that works for you since you are liberal. Conservatives who are black, or apparently anyone who disagrees with you... it apparently is not OK to use their minds.

My views are not liberal. My views are logical. Actions creating reactions and effects being rooted in causes. Applying that to race is "liberal"?

Old 03-05-2019, 11:47 AM

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times
This thread is basically started by a racist calling out racism.

I'm sorry if "mainstream black thought" is something many blacks want to get away from. I think it's fantastic that minorities are waking up to the reality of how they have been used and exploited. You call out whites for your perceived "mainstream white thought" which you believe to be some mass racist collective.

I grew up in a place where there were less "whites" than Hispanic, Asians, and Blacks. None of us cared about ethnicity and still don't.

I feel sorry for those like you who actually believe most whites are racists and that any black who is a conservative is just some prop, a trophy. It's sick reasoning. If I applied your logic to what some in here write I could say the same thing about black racism being widespread, and that most blacks hate "whitey" - however, I know better.

Most people are not racists. Only racists are racists and most extremists are racists, especially those who are proud extremists.

Quote:

More like progressivism. Moderate liberals never called others racist for simply not agreeing with them.

These kids don't have a clue what REAL RACISM is. They are 1-3 generations removed from it. Their fight is corrupted by politics and they are being played.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Yeah...that is a possibility too. I am being promoted on this forum for my views. I can't wait to take that to the bank and cash in on it.
You are self promoting and gaining whatever personal satisfaction you may garner from racial and political division on this forum. Just like many others I would imagine. Perhaps if you hone your skills you can get a seat at the table on CNN or MSNBC.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:50 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
My views are not liberal. My views are logical. Actions creating reactions and effects being rooted in causes. Applying that to race is "liberal"?
It's not logical to say it's OK for blacks to express their views on one side of the political forum, and then say it is illegitimate for blacks to express their views on the other side because of whatever is in your head about past injustices.

Not logical.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:00 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjson View Post
oh boy, its time again to play "democracy, or marxism?"

the democratic party is presumably, named after democracy.

democracy: people have the freedom to exchange ideas, and vote according to their own ideals.

marxism: you have to agree with the main party or youre an enemy.

the right has no rules that you have to be white, but the left cant tell the difference between the right and the alt-right, so if you "allow" a black person to speak, it has to be exploitation.

i mean this is progress, it used to be that real white supremacists didnt give a platform to blacks to speak, but now that everyone on the right is in the alt-right, obviously white supremacists have made new exceptions (and they say affirmative action doesnt work.)

i would say that equating a black person having values that differ from the democratic party platform with white supremacy is EXTREMELY racist and condescending, but what do i know?

it does however, dovetail nicely with the marxist idea that "you either agree with us, or youre the enemy."

you either agree with the black mainstream, or youre a white supremacist. yeah, sure.

the left wont let blacks have their own opinion. if they dont agree with a predominantly white party, its not that blacks like candace owens have their OWN opinion-- its that she is now a "white supremacist."

behold the left, everybody.

so, democrats make it hard not to get drowned out as a black democrat, republicans make it easy-- but democrats are still the better party here.

i mean, if youre speaking for the democratic party-- youre speaking FOR the party. youre ignoring your own voice and speaking for the mainstream. if your values are not mainstream, you have two choices: agree with democrats or be labeled a white supremacist.

these guys are "white supremacists," and yet it takes "little or nothing" to rise as a black person in a group of white supremacists.

if george carlin were alive today, he would crap his pants.

ok, the literal intepretation here is that all black people can agree, or some are white supremacists. those are the only options the op gives ms. owens. condescending? yes. racist? incredibly. surprising?

no.

white supremacists reward black people for helping them represent the right.

weve come a very long way! at this rate there will be a black republican president.

so if you are any race, and you go against the mainstream opinion, democrats will have no use for you and call you a racist against your own race.

if you are black, and you go against the mainstream opinion, so-called white supremacists will make it very easy for you to be heard.

democrats wont even do that for black people who agree with them-- its very difficult, according to the op.

HERES WHAT I THINK OF THIS:

1. white male comedians can talk about problems that other people have, just not blacks or women. thats nothing new, weve figured that out a dozen million times.

2. for black comedians, we are told, it is ok. chris rock can make fun of black people. he doesnt have to be nice about it. ok, we get this. chris rock-- NOT a white supremacist (well understood.)

3. but even for black comedians, there are rules. kevin hart? no oscar. yes, you apologised. but you didnt apologise again. not ok.

4. but candace owens isnt a comedian, shes a non-democrat.

and black non-democrats who agree with the right can be accused of being white supremacists.

HER choices, as a black, female, non-comedian are: agree with the democratic party, or agree with the democratic party.

maybe time to change the name from the democratic party to the marxist party.

if a black woman agrees with the republican party, shes a white supremacist who doesnt get credit for thinking and speaking for herself. somehow the left is ok with that.

if you agree with a black woman who supports the republican party, thats no good, because that makes you a white supremacist.

the only way to fight racism is to agree with the left. the only way to think for yourself as a black woman, is to agree with the left.

i dunno, this sounds very marxist to me. not a little bit like marxist thinking. more like EXTREMELY marxist thinking.

and if candace owens doesnt feel represented by one party, she should feel free to move to a party that makes it easy for her to have a voice.

question for the op: did women really get the right to vote? or only the right to vote for the democratic party?

Mic Drop

This post should be bumped constantly. It should also be referenced in any of the other race based rants going on in this place.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
This thread is basically started by a racist calling out racism.

I'm sorry if "mainstream black thought" is something many blacks want to get away from. I think it's fantastic that minorities are waking up to the reality of how they have been used and exploited. You call out whites for your perceived "mainstream white thought" which you believe to be some mass racist collective.

I grew up in a place where there were less "whites" than Hispanic, Asians, and Blacks. None of us cared about ethnicity and still don't.

I feel sorry for those like you who actually believe most whites are racists and that any black who is a conservative is just some prop, a trophy. It's sick reasoning. If I applied your logic to what some in here write I could say the same thing about black racism being widespread, and that most blacks hate "whitey" - however, I know better.

Most people are not racists. Only racists are racists and most extremists are racists, especially those who are proud extremists.

Its alright for blacks to "wake up to the reality of how they have been used and exploited", you say, unless they are waking up to that reality as it applies towards racism. You want blacks to be seen and argued to be VICTIMS of white liberalism, but you see any awaking or remembrance of the impact of racism as victimizing the black condition as.......a VICTIM MENTALITY (some sort of mental handicap).

It seems to be common that when a black person talks about the history of white racism......it all of a sudden is paraphrased as "Blacks think ALL or MOST whites are racist" and that we are ANGRY and making excuses for our PERSONAL failures (we are poor and making excuses because of that).

Just for the record (which can't help you because you download music digitally....so you can't play this record), I don't think all whites are racist.....but I do believe that the legacy of this society programs ALL people to see blacks as inferior......INCLUDING BLACKS. Unless one consciously works to counter that subliminal programming.....they are racist....and that includes the black people. I know many black people who don't believe in the ability of black people. That is racist to me....even if they are black.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:08 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
90%+ believe that white liberals are allies.

I would believe more in what you just said than what is taking place.

So how should black folk act if there are no true political allies?
I'm not saying we don't have allies (trying not to jump to too many conclusions). However, there are some good questions to ask.

Who can Black Americans look to as allies in the political process? And if Black Americans really don't have allies, then who do Black Americans turn to, in terms of politics?

Old 03-05-2019, 12:14 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
The thread title can apply to even Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies