Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 02:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Both Trump and Clinton have approximately equivalent social ties to Epstein, and both are known horndogs.

Suggestive, yes, but a long way from definitive. I'm pretty sure there are at least a hundred men in Epstein's rolodex about which you could say the same. Epstein "collected" them.
True. Only a few are current in positions of power. And, likely only a certain percentage broke the law....in any provable way.

As Trump fans have told us time and time again, it's not misdeeds that matter. ALL that matters is whether you can get away with them or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Not the Palm Beach County District Attorney, who was the person that would typically handle matters such as rape, murder, etc. These are typically state issues, not federal.

The Palm Beach DA was ready to let Epstein walk with no charges. Acosta's deal still looks too lenient, but it was not the typical role of the US Attorney to handle a matter like this. Acosta may have come up short, but he did not abandon the matter completely, the way the Palm Beach DA apparently did.

In any case, there is apparently a DOJ team investigating how all of this was handled. If there was any corruption by the prosecutors, whether state or federal, they should hold those people accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
Agreed - but you'd have to know a bit about Florida to understand.

That is, the entire system in Florida is crooked to the max from the top to the bottom. No exceptions. For the one that you will eventually find out about, there are 100 more in the powerful positions.

Well - just to be closer to the mark, let me state it as 90 or 95%. There may be an uncompromised official somewhere in Florida but I've never yet seen one. Drug money, russian money, S. American money, mob money, developer money.....ag money, phosphate mining money, dump the dioxin in the creek money (paper plants) and much more.

In theory they should lock up 10's of thousands of Floridians. But they won't. The Fox watch the Chickens and there may be a sacrificial lamb or two so that the Mob can celebrate and go back to their TV.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Feel free to post some actual facts to contradict this.

The FACTS are that the Palm Beach DA did not file charges against Epstein and that the only charges filed against him were the federal charges filed by Acosta.

It it is "not so" that the Palm Beach County DA did not file charges and was ready to let Epstein walk free, then do please post the details of the charges that the Palm Beach DA filed, along with the disposition of that case by the court and any punishment that Epstein received as a result of the charges filed against him by the Palm Beach County DA.

Otherwise, your post is just a fabrication with nothing to support it.
The DA has said that Acosta has his facts wrong. I can easily ask you to prove he is wrong.

Former Florida Prosecutor Calls Acosta's Comments on Epstein Case "Completely Wrong

CNN.com - Transcripts

Old 07-12-2019, 02:20 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,540,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The DA has said that Acosta has his facts wrong. I can easily ask you to prove he is wrong.

Former Florida Prosecutor Calls Acosta's Comments on Epstein Case "Completely Wrong

CNN.com - Transcripts
Not interested in the he said, she said.

Please provide information about the charges brought against Epstein by the Palm Beach County DA.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Not interested in the he said, she said.

Please provide information about the charges brought against Epstein by the Palm Beach County DA.
I do not have to. I never said they were filed. That does not mean that none would have been.

I also can't prove that the local D.A. filed an illegal agreement. I can with Acosta.

I should believe the guy that was willing to do that? Someone almost certainly had to have lied to the judge to get this approved.

I find it amazing the amount of people who feel a need to defend what went on here.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:28 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Odd that you will not give deserved credit to or would not have wanted that someone standing up for your daughter or niece or sister or whomever if they were sexually abused and then ignored with zero justice. I feel differently about (God forbid) mine.
Hmm...would have to play it by ear...

The first question I would ask is why this hypothetical female relative continued attending parties where she had previously been sexually assaulted.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:44 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,158,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
And these are just a few we know about. When some one has been caught several times, thats usually just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. Most have been involved in many schemes before being caught. I think Trumps credibility is kind a shot.
Trump is a lifelong racketeer. He also cannot have a foundation due to his siphoning off money from a kid's cancer charity.
Quote:
How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#3a0e76c26b4a
Does it get any lower than that?

Old 07-12-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Trump is a lifelong racketeer. He also cannot have a foundation due to his siphoning off money from a kid's cancer charity.

Trumps cred was shot before 1990 with the Taj bankruptcy.
He has no reputation left to save.....just his own arse....

Old 07-12-2019, 03:22 PM

51,659 posts, read 25,891,462 times
Quote:

Why, yes it does.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:24 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,158,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmm...would have to play it by ear...

The first question I would ask is why this hypothetical female relative continued attending parties where she had previously been sexually assaulted.
Stupidity? Manipulation? Gullibility? Intimidation? Who knows. Whatever it was, they were taken advantage of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies