Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has LGBT advocacy gone too far?
Yes. 88 49.72%
No. 89 50.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:05 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Absolutely!!! Thank you.
I often forget that I'm gay and that I'm in an interracial marriage with my gay husband from Korea. Why? Because everyone treats us the same as they would anyone else. I guess, I'm surprised when I read things like this. Mind you, we are conservatives and just don't think about these things. If anything, our neighbors go out of their way to make us feel welcomed.

Let people live their lives and move on.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:07 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
I won't tell you what I do in my bedroom and you don't tell me what you do. If you think I need to know or have to accept anything that is none of my business then the issue/problem is yours, not mine.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:09 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm surprised so many people think gay people have an agenda to 'convert' others.
No, that's why they go after the youth, conditioning them to be something before they even have a concept of sexuality. People are talking about raising their children "gender fluid" before the child is even born.

There's 10 year old boys strutting around in wigs and high heels. Do you actually believe that the kid turned out that way through no influence from the adults around him? That's just how he turned out naturally?

Old 03-12-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
No, that's why they go after the youth, conditioning them to be something before they even have a concept of sexuality. People are talking about raising their children "gender fluid" before the child is even born.

There's 10 year old boys strutting around in wigs and high heels. Do you actually believe that the kid turned out that way through no influence from the adults around him? That's just how he turned out naturally?
Wigs and heels have nothing to do with my life and never have other than watching the occasional drag show in a gay bar. I would agree, I don't think young children need to be watching drag queens, but I also don't think it's going to encourage them to be gay.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
I often forget that I'm gay and that I'm in an interracial marriage with my gay husband from Korea. Why? Because everyone treats us the same as they would anyone else. I guess, I'm surprised when I read things like this. Mind you, we are conservatives and just don't think about these things. If anything, our neighbors go out of their way to make us feel welcomed.

Let people live their lives and move on.
I agree. I have a close family member who is gay, and in a committed relationship. Both are fairly conservative, except for their issue of wanting other people to stop judging them and creating laws against their relationship. What the hell? Could you other people just go on with your lives, please, and not worry about what we do in our own bedrooms? They mow their lawn, pay their rent, are completely pleasant on the street, pick up after their dogs, recycle, excel at their jobs.

Can we all just move ahead, please, and for the creeps who want to know what others are doing in their bedrooms, can ya'll please just worry about yourselves?

Old 03-12-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I agree. I have a close family member who is gay, and in a committed relationship. Both are fairly conservative, except for their issue of wanting other people to stop judging them and creating laws against their relationship. What the hell? Could you other people just go on with your lives, please, and not worry about what we do in our own bedrooms? They mow their lawn, pay their rent, are completely pleasant on the street, pick up after their dogs, recycle, excel at their jobs.

Can we all just move ahead, please, and for the creeps who want to know what others are doing in their bedrooms, can ya'll please just worry about yourselves?
I thought we had, until I read threads like this! I have never felt discriminated against and I've always been pretty out, although I guess I'm butch. I was once called an F word (I will not type it out, as the last time I did, I was penalized by CD and couldn't post for two days) by a homeless black man on a bus in LA.

Even my conservative, working class, very rural family accepts us and treats us well. In my mind, almost no one cares about this sort of thing, so I'm very surprised by this thread.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
I thought we had, until I read threads like this! I have never felt discriminated against and I've always been pretty out, although I guess I'm butch. I was once called an F word (I will not type it out, as the last time I did, I was penalized by CD and couldn't post for two days) by a homeless black man on a bus in LA.

Even my conservative, working class, very rural family accepts us and treats us well. In my mind, almost no one cares about this sort of thing, so I'm very surprised by this thread.
Yep. Can't rep you again.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I mean, aren't there a few things more important than if a bunch of gays are living their lives? How about providing Medicare For All? Or, preventing China from becoming dominant in the 5G world?

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-13-2019 at 05:43 AM..

Old 03-12-2019, 07:51 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
I'm walking out on a limb here.

I believe that men who are born gay, are born that way and observant parents can recognize that somewhere around the age of 4.

Some women are born gay also, and same thing.

I'm going to say this.

Women's sexuality in young adulthood seems more "suggestible" than male sexuality. A young woman who has had a horrific relationship with a boy might say, "I'm done with that" and might choose a female intimate partner for awhile and then go back to men.

I've also seen very pretty, popular girls kiss other girls on the mouth in public in front of boys they have a crush on, because they know it gets them going.

What I have NOT EVER SEEN, is a young man who courageously faces his parents and announces he is gay, EVER EVER deciding he is not, and preferring women.

NEVER, never, never. Young gay men who announce they are gay, are gay for life. And it's hard as hell for them. There is not the first chance they would choose this path for themselves if they would be happy with a woman partner.
My gay son came out to us when he was 15. I could see it when he was growing up and not surprised. I have several gay cousins, male and female so there is a gene that runs in my dads side of the family.

We were involved in PFLAG for about 10 years. Everything you say above about young men above is true.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:53 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
I repped him for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies