Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has LGBT advocacy gone too far?
Yes. 88 49.72%
No. 89 50.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 11:00 AM

47,007 posts, read 26,062,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The bathroom bills really stepped in it for example. There have always been guys that think like and dress as woman and they used the bathroom of their choosing without incident but suddenly laws had to be made to protect them and with any law there are loopholes that can be exploited by the perverts and that scares people.
Out in the real world, the bathroom bills did the exact opposite. Right-wingers eying an opportunity to throw some red meat at their constituents suddenly found it necessary to legislate that genitals had, by law, to match the bathroom. Doing away with transgenders "legally using the bathroom of their choosing".

Here. Read up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathroom_bill

Old 03-12-2019, 11:00 AM

3,864 posts, read 2,236,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
As evidence of that you post a photo of people reading to children

I don't believe you
What do you think they are reading to the children? Dr Suess? No they have an LGBT agenda to push.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOFkVZQ8etE

Old 03-12-2019, 11:01 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,737,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wow, so gays have made you do "it" too? Funny, because I've seen gay love scenes in movies and it never made me want to jump in bed with another man.

Sounds like scissorshands is trying to deny his true nature
I know quite a few gay couples and none of them have succeeded in turning me gay yet. I also have hung out with gay friends while not in the presence of their significant others and none, male nor female, have pressured me to become gay or "do it" with them or whatever the "gay agenda" is supposed to be. My (straight) son has traveled with individuals who happen to be gay, even sharing a hotel room (!) with one and he still isn't gay. My husband has also traveled with a gay friend; he came back still attracted to me (I'm a woman).

If "the gays" are out to turn the entire population gay, they are really not very good at it.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:03 AM

989 posts, read 457,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I don't think that has been properly researched but I think it's possible there are a lot of bisexuals who chose to live a heterosexual life because it's less complicated especially if there are kids involved. I have numerous friends that are therapists and apparently it's fairly common for some to just do without for the sake of stability.

Personally, I think sexuality or who we are attracted to is on a spectrum and not and on/off or gay/straight switch. How we behave and what we allow ourselves to do pretty much comes down to our environmental factors and how ingrained they become.

We are seeing more on-the-spectrum behavior because, as a society, we are throwing out the biblically-based notions of what makes a human being.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:04 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,709,812 times
I can't take statistics seriously. Unless maybe it comes from the sneaky snooping on our smartphones and Facebooks. Probably more accurate than polls, that. 'Cause hey, nobody cares lol, I'm bi...or maybe pan, I dunno...no one asked me! Not thinking a lot of my LGBT+ friends were asked either. And I know lots of 'em. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I would leave it at this... If you still have a penis, then you must use the male bathroom, when you have gender reassignment surgery and lose it, them you can use the female bathroom...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Who will be the enforcer of this rule? Are you trying to volunteer to be the genital-inspector? Creepy.
Still waiting for a proper answer to the question AnotherTouchOfWhimsy asked. Thing is, you try to make rules about who uses what bathroom, you get people trying to "enforce" them and this becomes a pretty serious problem in schools. I really don't want adults who work for a public school to be putting their hands on any teenager or demanding to see their junk or demanding to watch them use the restroom or asking to see "proof" of any sort of their gender.

Personally I think that open locker rooms and urinals are nasty. How hard would it be to give everyone a little privacy? As a woman, there are plenty of women I never needed to have see me naked, especially in middle or high school. Even if you set aside all gay or trans questions, what about mean girls!? I'm just not into forcing kids to be naked around each other or exposed or vulnerable like that. No, it isn't a sacred tradition to toughen up "delicate" young people, to have them have to endure mockery or bullying about their nude bodies. So. Put in stalls, give 'em some privacy, and boom, no more worries about it.

Why we have to sexualize everything, I just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Exactly. The same thing has been done in California and it's literally a non issue. These folks are still fighting for something else this just takes the cake. Reports of thousands of kids getting raped in the Catholic Church, but trans in bathrooms is the biggest problem. The logic.
I know, right? It's astonishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
They do.

I beg to differ. It absolutely is being promoted, and encouraged for young people who wouldn't normally be LGBT.

This is crazy.

The LGBT agenda is not "progressive". They've gone too far.
Shows what you know. Drag queens are not trans people necessarily at all. Drag is performance art that just happens to have an element of playing with gender. Most drag performers are not trans. And while I've met quite a few Drag Queens who were also gay men, they aren't necessarily that either. You might as well get angry about kids interacting with really dedicated professional clowns. I mean, the kind who see it as an art form and put a lot of time and energy into it. It's about on the same level. But you see a male person presenting in a sparkly dress and makeup and just go ape. lol Silly.

But ya know, somebody ought to read to kids. You ever gone to a library and read books to kids? I haven't. Figure I sure can't judge someone who is generously donating their time to reading to children.

I would actually not have too much issue with taking the 'T' out of 'LGBT' on certain grounds, but it's mostly a matter of semantics. Seeing as how Lesbian, Gay, Bi...you could reasonably add Pan, Ace/Aro, and even Hetero in there... That's sexual orientation. Speaking to what sort of humans one is willing to partner with or attracted to. Trans is identity. Nothing to do with orientation. So a sensible "Column A/Column B" approach logistically would place Trans with Gender Fluid, Enby, and maybe (if one were being all-inclusive) Cis... But again, mere semantics. *shrug*

When I was a kid, a family friend was a nurse and for a while she was doing in home care for special needs kids. We were visiting one day when she had a boy there, Jared, who was maybe 8 or 9, and who had a serious mental disability of some kind. Learning delays, weird social behavior. I don't know what officially he had, and the word they used then isn't considered OK now. But it was the 80's, so they called him "retarded." Anyhow, he made me severely uncomfortable when I was like 6 or so. Because he would ask me (and anyone) upon meeting, "Do you have a penis?" I was told to just tell him no, whenever he asked, and it just means he wants to be friends. I avoided him though. As I said, just way too weird and uncomfortable. People who freak out about trans people like this, really remind me of him...

Old 03-12-2019, 11:12 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,078,988 times
Quote:
This is actually not a bigoted or homophobic thread.

I support people's right to be gay, marry who they want, live gay lives and be treated with respect/dignity in general society. I'm not a gay-basher by any means.

LGBT advocacy today has become something entirely different than what it was when gay liberation started out. Now that being LGBT is not controversial, they've gone off the deep end.
I found your initial post to be quite homophobic and transphobic. How is the LGBTQ+ community proselytizing in schools? They're merely just informing kids that they exist. In elementary school, kids hear all sorts of gossip about LGBTQ+ and it's important for them to learn what is true and what is rumor about that. Also, you mention the transgender bathroom issue, and seem to be defensive about transgender people quietly using the bathroom that matches their gender. Why the hostility?

In fairness, I think that some of the LGBTQ+ advocacy is crazy, and as a gay guy, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong when I want to be a bro and otherwise not be much different than a straight guy. But I think if that's what you want to discuss, that's not what I got out of your initial post.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Quote:
They do.

No, they don't. Try researching before you answer.

I beg to differ. It absolutely is being promoted, and encouraged for young people who wouldn't normally be LGBT.

No, it isn't, and nobody is recruiting kids to become homosexual. One either is or is not, it isn't a choice. Saying someone is gay, or pointing out some historical figure was gay isn't promotion, it's facts.

This is crazy.

The LGBT agenda is not "progressive". They've gone too far.
[b]Only in the eyes of the regressive right.[/B]
Answers in red.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,131,949 times
Note to OP, nice push poll.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:39 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,914,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I found your initial post to be quite homophobic and transphobic. How is the LGBTQ+ community proselytizing in schools? They're merely just informing kids that they exist. In elementary school, kids hear all sorts of gossip about LGBTQ+ and it's important for them to learn what is true and what is rumor about that. Also, you mention the transgender bathroom issue, and seem to be defensive about transgender people quietly using the bathroom that matches their gender. Why the hostility?

In fairness, I think that some of the LGBTQ+ advocacy is crazy, and as a gay guy, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong when I want to be a bro and otherwise not be much different than a straight guy. But I think if that's what you want to discuss, that's not what I got out of your initial post.

I don't think I understand what you're saying here.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:52 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,306,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I don't think that has been properly researched but I think it's possible there are a lot of bisexuals who chose to live a heterosexual life because it's less complicated especially if there are kids involved. I have numerous friends that are therapists and apparently it's fairly common for some to just do without for the sake of stability.
I have talked to numerous gay men that have or do frequent establishments were guys hook up strictly for sex, and are astonished by the amount of married men they find in those places, and I am not talking men married to other men. One can only hope they practice safe sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies