Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times

Advertisements

This man was a prophet. Posters like Winterfall have been subverted. It's been a long road...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g&t=25s

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 10:38 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
What God?

I don’t worship communism, I just want a kinder society that does not conflict so much with the nature around us.

If that means I don’t support having private wealth control the exploitation of labor and land all across the world and instead give that power to the people who live on that land and the consequences that come with it, then yes I am a communist.

But don’t mistake that for worship.
Communism is a kinder society? That's a joke, right? And you should read the book "The God That Failed". A collection of six essays by disillusioned former communists that know more about communism than you ever will.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:47 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Communism is a kinder society? That's a joke, right? And you should read the book "The God That Failed". A collection of six essays by disillusioned former communists that know more about communism than you ever will.
No facts, no evidence, no arguments, just posturing.

What I believe has nothing to do with your red scare arguments. I oppose the power that exists today in subverting freedom and human dignity through the pursuit of profit.

You have nothing; we are not in soviet Russia, and the world economy is based on economic growth. In fact centralization of labor is what corporate economics is about, it has nothing to do with competition.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:54 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:

What I believe has nothing to do with your red scare arguments. I oppose the power that exists today in subverting freedom and human dignity through the pursuit of profit.

You have nothing; we are not in soviet Russia, and the world economy is based on economic growth. In fact centralization of labor is what corporate economics is about, it has nothing to do with competition.
As far as I can decipher from your incoherent ramblings you favor some kind of primitive hunter/gatherer society or a communal agricultural society set up like an Israeli kibbutz. And you don't make a very appealing case fort it. I don't think you're winning any converts to your point of view here on CD.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
As far as I can decipher from your incoherent ramblings you favor some kind of primitive hunter/gatherer society or a communal agricultural society set up like an Israeli kibbutz. And you don't make a very appealing case fort it. I don't think you're winning any converts to your point of view here on CD.
I'm not looking to force anyone into any type of life, but the means by which capital is concentrated into cities and life becomes a function of corporate wealth needs to end.

So there will be cities and modern technology, but their applications will be limited as agriculture is no longer organized to feed the urban population, and people, not board rooms, control where scientific inventions are implemented.

For example touch screen technology and the world wide web would never have formed into smart phones if concentrated capitalists didn't exist to market and make wealth from it.

We need a society that is holistic and connected in each community, and wealth/technology has the capacity to ruin that.

Take the great successes of capitalism; Hong Kong, Luxembourg, and Singapore. They benefit from free market capitalism as they exist as pressure points for the movement of finances that control localities and communities all across the world. They have a high standard of living; but how happy are they?

In fact they rank near the bottom of the happiness index: Hong Kong — Happy Planet Index

Progress isn't bad, and neither is having some forms of central governance (or at least organizers in cases of environmental disasters), but having some confederate system of direct democracy, and giving economic power back to the people who live in each environment and are the ones that have to live with the consequences of exploitation is not wrong.

In fact there would be a lower standard of living, but that doesn't mean we go back to the stone age, but it does mean we will live in a kinder and more sustainable society.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:02 PM

In fact, Ben Shapiro, the far right lunatic, explains why everything is great now and people who want to change society are doing it because they're bored.

You see, modern conservatives/libertarians believe wealth=freedoms.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/ben-sh...lege-campuses/

Old 03-18-2019, 08:07 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
That’s not it at all. You can even read my other link on the Niger River Delta.

These people are the ones who live and work on this land, and because it is not productive enough for the global economy, governments let multinationals in to promote development. The locals have to submit or get shot.

The rebels in the Niger River Delta or the Zapatistas in Chiapas didn’t take up arms because they were being left alone, they did it because their environment and life was being destroyed with the force of the law.
Who has the claim to the property?

Old 03-18-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Communism is slavery!

Old 03-18-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Who has the claim to the property?
Claim is an artificial stance promoted by the government. It can be anything at any time.

The people who live there, and have lived there for hundreds of year, it is their land.

If we go off of your thought process, that would mean since the British legally controlled India and half of Africa, it belonged to them. That is morally wrong. Also, that would mean state ownership under the soviets was the legal 'claim'.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Claim is an artificial stance promoted by the government. It can be anything at any time.

The people who live there, and have lived there for hundreds of year, it is their land.

If we go off of your thought process, that would mean since the British legally controlled India and half of Africa, it belonged to them. That is morally wrong. Also, that would mean state ownership under the soviets was the legal 'claim'.
Is it one 200 years or 201 years? Where’s the cut off and who gets to decide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies